Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions and Powerball will be hit this week.

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2015, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

I doubt it lol.  I hope both keep Rollin hard, it would be awesome to see concurrent Billion dollar jackpots!

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
    Happy California
    United States
    Member #157856
    August 2, 2014
    1552 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2015, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

jjtheprince, I agree that they should keep rolling hard.  But, concurrent billion dollar jackpots would be a once in a lifetime event. I am ready to win both. Might as well shoot for the stars !  Party

Good Luck to all LP Members and players.

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      569 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2015, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I doubt it lol.  I hope both keep Rollin hard, it would be awesome to see concurrent Billion dollar jackpots!

I Agree!

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
        Member #142499
        May 13, 2013
        1200 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2015, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

jjtheprince, I agree that they should keep rolling hard.  But, concurrent billion dollar jackpots would be a once in a lifetime event. I am ready to win both. Might as well shoot for the stars !  Party

Good Luck to all LP Members and players.

Ditto that.

Two concurrent billion dollar jackpots would be awesome. But can you imagine how long it would take to build back up a sizable jackpot after they get hit? Plus I'm guessing most people's extra spending money would be wiped out after that.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2680 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2015, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

it'd be nice to hit the billion mark .... but would settle for a nice hefty $500 mark

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2015, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Both these Jackpots are now part of the " Low Hanging Fruit", meaning, they need to be won. In other words Image result for it's gonna be me

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2015, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

it'd be nice to hit the billion mark .... but would settle for a nice hefty $500 mark

If  you don't buy a ticket and encourage all your friends to do the same, in some small way you will be doing all you can to help it happens.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Arizona
                United States
                Member #165073
                March 24, 2015
                220 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2015, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I've estimated 12-13% chance of MM being hit and 9-10% chance of PB being hit. I'm indifferent for at least the next 4-5 draws or so Smile

Those are the per-drawing chances of a hit, right? My estimate for PB Wednesday is 10-11%, with MM Tuesday at 14-15%. If there's no winner, the following drawings are 11-12% and 16-17% respectively.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19903 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2015, 2:37 am - IP Logged

Those are the per-drawing chances of a hit, right? My estimate for PB Wednesday is 10-11%, with MM Tuesday at 14-15%. If there's no winner, the following drawings are 11-12% and 16-17% respectively.

Is your guesstimating based on predicted sales, previsions history of jackpots of similar sizes or something totally unrelated?

Evil Looking       

Arizona
                    United States
                    Member #165073
                    March 24, 2015
                    220 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2015, 10:42 am - IP Logged

It's based on sales data for jackpots of similar size over the past year.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2015, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Anything can happen if some of the members use those work outs that they claim have won in past drawings.  I'll be picking 15 lines very similar to the winning numbers in last Friday drawing and hoping I'll do better than a 0+1 for a dollar.

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5145 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2015, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

"Have U WON D BIG WON"..........YET?

LOL 2 ALL LP members>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2015

PartyPartyPartyDanceDrumDancePartyPartyParty

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                          Happy California
                          United States
                          Member #157856
                          August 2, 2014
                          1552 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2015, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

We are all dreamers here. We are imagining what we would do with the winnings. How to go about winning and what we should do when we win. 

I am sure that most of us here at LP have written plans to follow when we win D BIG WON !!

Good Luck to all !!Cool

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                            Happyland
                            United States
                            Member #146344
                            September 1, 2013
                            1131 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2015, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes, per-draw. Your estimates for the next drawings are pretty close to mine. I use the theoretical value, which is same methodology that MUSL uses. It looks like sales for MM are going to be pretty low though, considering if not hit tonight the rollover will be lower than the previous 2 (albeit could be related to interest rates). MUSL is also projecting lower sales for PB Wednesday versus the previous draw. I wonder if the bad weather that has been hitting much of the U.S. is to blame.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              Bronx, NY
                              United States
                              Member #164554
                              March 6, 2015
                              1224 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2015, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

"Have U WON D BIG WON"..........YET?

LOL 2 ALL LP members>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2015

PartyPartyPartyDanceDrumDancePartyPartyParty

Lol I really want to badly Smile