Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically speaking...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #164725
March 12, 2015
341 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2015, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone pick their numbers relying on the most frequently drawn numbers?  Even using that method, there are quite a few variations.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5120 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2015, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

R5:

That is a good group 2 consider. MM hot numbers like 5-7-12-24.....44.....57.....60......70 or cold like 1-4-6-19.....33....40....54.....67.....72....74$$$$$

U - PICK' um 4 2015 Puke

United States
      Member #164725
      March 12, 2015
      341 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2015, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

R5:

That is a good group 2 consider. MM hot numbers like 5-7-12-24.....44.....57.....60......70 or cold like 1-4-6-19.....33....40....54.....67.....72....74$$$$$

U - PICK' um 4 2015 Puke

Thanks, psykomo!  By cold numbers do you mean those that arent drawn frequently?  What's the rational behind that? And why are you puking?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5592 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2015, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, psykomo!  By cold numbers do you mean those that arent drawn frequently?  What's the rational behind that? And why are you puking?

Maybe he drank too much beer.

Green laugh

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5120 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2015, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Maybe he drank too much beer.

Green laugh

Sleep 

Sad Cheers

Sleep

Sad Cheers

Sleep

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            Romulus,MI
            United States
            Member #142372
            May 10, 2013
            2331 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2015, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

SmileYes do! I read the stat chart on this page and go for the majority numbers that are in the red from the last 50 drawings. Then I go for the top MB and PB numbers also. Check out my post on the Maddog Challenges for MM and PB.Thumbs Up

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

Arizona
              United States
              Member #165073
              March 24, 2015
              220 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2015, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

It's no worse than any other way of picking numbers, except that there are a lot of other people doing the same thing, so if you do get the jackpot you'll have to split it many ways.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Bronx, NY
                United States
                Member #164554
                March 6, 2015
                791 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2015, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I do too I always check the charts to play my numbers.

United States
                  Member #164725
                  March 12, 2015
                  341 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2015, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

It's no worse than any other way of picking numbers, except that there are a lot of other people doing the same thing, so if you do get the jackpot you'll have to split it many ways.

Oh, I dont mind sharing.  Big Grin Angel

But, do you think it really gives people a statistically better chance of wining?  Probably not, since as you pointed out many people do it and we don't hear of many multiple jackpot winners. The most I have heard of were three on some of the largest jackpots. 

Anyway, good luck, everyone! Lovies

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #165541
                    April 12, 2015
                    541 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2015, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone pick their numbers relying on the most frequently drawn numbers?  Even using that method, there are quite a few variations.

I try to use the most frequently drawn numbers.  But when using different intervals of time, the  best of the most frequently drawn numbers tend to get a little blurred.  And whenever there is a one number that is SO frequent, i tend to think its time for a cooling, and am hesitant to play it anyway. 

However I do try to stay away from the coldest numbers.  They tend to take a LONG time to come around, and when they do, they often are a disappointment anyway as they only have a few quick hits before disappearing into obscurity once again.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                      The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                      Elgin, IL
                      United States
                      Member #68867
                      January 1, 2009
                      1221 Posts
                      Posted: May 28, 2015, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I make my picks based on the most frequency of COMBINATIONS of NUMBERS.  Take the PB game for example.

In this case, I would have the tendency to play the numbers 16, 22, 23, 29, 42.

2012-04-111623424447
                      2012-11-28516222329
                      2013-06-121622234255
                      2015-04-181322232931

To view/download all my combinations for the power ball Game - Go To -  https://app.box.com/s/1y4p62z39nm82qpcj5hb

You can also look at the frequency of the Power Ball itself.  What would you pick for your Power Ball Number???

Would you pick 29 or 31?  If you look at my Frequency chart, you will see that 29 has hit 19 times in the time frame given vs. 31 which has only hit 4 times in the same time frame. 

In the time frame given: 01/07/09 thru 05/27/15, there have been 667 drawings in the PB Game; of which, 567 are in one of my 147 Groups or 85.01% of the Total drawings.  Look at it this way.  If you cannot match 3 of 5 numbers in one of my 147 Groups, you only have about 15% chance of winning the PB Game based on the actual Statistical data provided.  Odds of Winning are not the same thing as Chances of Winning.  Think Smart - Play Smart.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: May 28, 2015, 8:35 am - IP Logged

The only time I recalled the lottery jackpot ever being split many ways was when all the winners got their numbers from some future cookies.  Chances are if someone else is picking their numbers the same way your are they are getting different results.  Multi jackpot winners occur rarely while multi jackpot losers happens all the time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3103 Posts
                          Posted: May 28, 2015, 8:42 am - IP Logged

In almost all draws the winning numbers come from among hot, average and cold, like 2-2-2 or 2-3-1 that kind of ratio.  All from one is like all odd or all even or all low or all high.

BobP

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                            Member #9517
                            December 10, 2004
                            1272 Posts
                            Posted: May 28, 2015, 9:13 am - IP Logged

In almost all draws the winning numbers come from among hot, average and cold, like 2-2-2 or 2-3-1 that kind of ratio.  All from one is like all odd or all even or all low or all high.

BobP

Perhaps a spreadsheet which is keeping track of all three groups and is able to suggest lines with numbers from all three groups will be successful?

United States
                              Member #166569
                              May 27, 2015
                              29 Posts
                              Posted: May 28, 2015, 9:50 am - IP Logged

In our lottery pool at my work, we do that sometimes.   With my personal numbers, I have been playing them for 10 years, and wish that I hadn't.  I wish I would have selected a different set of numbers each time, or selected frequently drawn numbers each time.   I would never recommend playing the same numbers over and over though.  If I could go back in time and not play same numbers I would because now I feel, "obligated" to play them for fear they will come up when or if I have to stop playing.   At least with different numbers each time, I could stop playing if I needed to.