Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Many would call these 'bad' numbers, right?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 2 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5615 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2015, 8:21 am - IP Logged

"I didn't say I considered them bad, I said many here, if they got those numbers on a QP, would say there were 'bad'."

The only thing he kicked up is more questions or does one member mean "many" to you too?

Kicked up? No. Referring to kicking a hornets nest as in some jumping on him. Many, as in, more than one, including...yes me, that at times in the past after buying a QP, looking at the numbers on such QP, and thinking to oneself that the numbers on said QP "looked bad", as in, not a snowballs chance in he** those numbers are gonna be drawn.

And then, seeing a post which I found interesting, and watching a certain individual giving grief to the OP.

After all, this IS the "discussion" forum.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2015, 11:14 am - IP Logged

rcbuckeye,

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2015, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

As many threads as you've commented in Stack I'm surprised at how you sometimes have a short memory.

Current search results for 'bad numbers': All About 5,000 results (0.42 seconds). Granted they're not all ' a QP but gave me bad numbers' but there's certainly more than one.

I didn't put any significance on how the numbers were drawn, I was replying to Pickone4me...but of course if you're so anxious to reply and criticize a post you ignore previous posts. Easy way to not realize someone is answering someone else's question and making yourself look silly.

Seems to be a growing trend for a few here, along with those who are the most critical rarely starting any threads on their own.

"I didn't say I considered them bad, I said many here, if they got those numbers on a QP, would say there were 'bad'."

You made that statement, but when asked to name some of the "many", you gave just ONE name.

"I was replying to Pickone4me...but of course if you're so anxious to reply and criticize a post you ignore previous posts."

Pickone asked if was a mechanical drawing after saying "Winning with a number combination like that is dumb-luck." If there is a large numbers here believing any one combo has a better or worse chance of being drawn than any other, I agree with you.

"Seems to be a growing trend for a few here, along with those who are the most critical rarely starting any threads on their own."

A while back you quoted Thomas E. Dewey paraphrasing Robert Frost saying "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." and if there is a growing trend on LP, IMO it is having to say something.

What you call criticising is mostly correcting something that isn't true. The other day someone was positive MM and PB secondary $1 million prize was paid by annuity. Seriously if there were that many great threads in the Discussion and Jackpot Forums, would you really start this one?

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2015, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Kicked up? No. Referring to kicking a hornets nest as in some jumping on him. Many, as in, more than one, including...yes me, that at times in the past after buying a QP, looking at the numbers on such QP, and thinking to oneself that the numbers on said QP "looked bad", as in, not a snowballs chance in he** those numbers are gonna be drawn.

And then, seeing a post which I found interesting, and watching a certain individual giving grief to the OP.

After all, this IS the "discussion" forum.

"Many, as in, more than one, including...yes me, that at times in the past after buying a QP, looking at the numbers on such QP, and thinking to oneself that the numbers on said QP "looked bad", as in, not a snowballs chance in he** those numbers are gonna be drawn."

LOL @ "Many, as in, more than one".

Yep, "many" is more than one, but I believe the common definition means numerous, lots, a great deal, crowds, hordes, droves, countless, etc. Ever hear of "the good of the many out weigh the good of the few"?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2015, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Stack

You said, "You made that statement, but when asked to name some of the "many", you gave just ONE name"

You should really consider politics oh great spinmeister. I didn't give you any names at all, I said do a search and posted the results of such a search as to hits and how long it took.

Some of the things you are 'correcting that aren't true' are not true in your mind only.

Bye, I'll talk to you again if you ever start a thread. As of late there's really no point in trying to discuss anything with you considering the warped reality that you live in.

Enjoy your time as a sniper.

ROFL

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7322 Posts
            Posted: May 27, 2015, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Stack

You said, "You made that statement, but when asked to name some of the "many", you gave just ONE name"

You should really consider politics oh great spinmeister. I didn't give you any names at all, I said do a search and posted the results of such a search as to hits and how long it took.

Some of the things you are 'correcting that aren't true' are not true in your mind only.

Bye, I'll talk to you again if you ever start a thread. As of late there's really no point in trying to discuss anything with you considering the warped reality that you live in.

Enjoy your time as a sniper.

ROFL

First you said "many here" and now you're pointing you never gave any names.

"Some of the things you are 'correcting that aren't true' are not true in your mind only."

But just like most of your foolish remarks, you can't even name one. The last time I looked this is a lottery discussion forum, but it's impossible to discuss why anybody would call these bad numbers when you won't say who is calling them bad numbers. You started this thread, said "many here" consider them bad numbers, and want readers to do the research you were too lazy to do in the first place.

If you don't want your threads criticized, start one that makes sense.

"Bye, I'll talk to you again if you ever start a thread."

You must have missed where I asked, "Seriously if there were that many great threads in the Discussion and Jackpot Forums, would you really start this one?" What do you suggest I start a thread on, annuity vs cash, anonymity, how to spend the winnings, or any of the other over used topics?

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3475 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Maybe old age or some other problem is ruining some people's memory, but there have been plenty of posts over the years by people commenting about some particular combination of numbers being bad, and this particular set certainly has a similar pattern to ones that people have complained about in the past.

There are a lot of idiots out there who apparently think that random numbers have to have some kind of uniform distribution, and don't like strings of consecutive numbers, large gaps between numbers, and a bunch of other things that are the a perfectly normal random selection.