Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Substituton Works - Powerballs

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2015, 10:12 am - IP Logged

There are many methods used to predict which of the 35 Powerballs will accompany the next winning combination.
All of the methods I've read about here at LP and elsewhere try to solve the problem by processing the balls enmasse, which, in my opinion, is as difficult as working with the main body of Powerball numbers.
Although I haven't played Powerball for many months, I believe that I have created a workout that uses the power of substitution to narrow the field to manageable proportions, and give the User plenty of ammunition in his/her quest for financial security.
Substitution with Gap Strategy is the name of the paper and pencil workout I use to analyze draw history, identify trends and provide rationale answers to the most important question in lottery play - What's Next?
Basically, the workout has a variety of tracking charts that generate respective trend sequences that can be independently analyzed for useful clues.
I have an advantage in that I have been been using the workout to help me choose bonus numbers for the Texas Two-Step draw game for a very long time.
Can't say the workout has helped me win a jackpot, but it has helped me choose the correct bonus numbers often enough to make all of the detailed logging worthwhile.
True, the equipment Texas and Florida use to generate bonus balls is different, but the outcome is the same - one specific number from a field of 35 numbers.
My strategy is working for Two-Step. There is no reason why it won't work for Powerball.
Therefore, I have generated the required tracking charts using the winning Powerball numbers since Jan. 2015, which are sufficient for identifying possible winners.
Note I said 'possible winners' because there is no system that I know of that can choose a single winning number on a consistent basis. And, I make no such claim.
The best I can do is reduce the field to 5, 8, or 11 numbers.
My experience with Two-Step is that the actual winning number is usually among the first five numbers chosen.
According to the trend data, the winning Powerball number for the May 27 drawing could be:
2, 3, 4, 5 or 11.
As with my workout for Mega balls, the workout does not employ any mathematical formulae.
No odds, evens, no hot or cold, no roots, none of the methods used in traditional workouts.
It's simply a matter of arranging dumb as dirt lotto balls in accordance with specific rules of procedures.

San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2015, 10:15 am - IP Logged

This is after the fact, but, of interest.
    Here are the 5 bonus balls I chose for the May 25 Texas Two-Step drawing.
    20, 05,18,08,30.
    The winning combination: 1.5.10.35+20!
    Another $5 win!
    I'm a Standard member and can't post graphics!
    Just proof that substitution wins!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2015, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

You can upload an image or print-screen of the graphic on some picture server.

In your post you can link to the open location of the picture.

If you can't find a way, I can put it on my rented server.

Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: May 27, 2015, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

PB

1st page PowerBall, data from LP.

Stem: 0 to 3.
        Leaves: 0 to 9.

The leaves are in chronological order.
        The second step is putting the leaves in ascending order.

This is a pen and paper workout that I occasionally do.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2015, 2:38 am - IP Logged

PB

To the average player that work out looks like a bunch of chicken scrapping but I hope it meant more to you.  Also hope it helped you win something is last night's drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2015, 5:34 am - IP Logged

I think that they teach this one at American schools. Google or bing: stemplot, and you will see them finished, under: images. Consider the above being part of regular school education.

I am in Europe and don't play PB.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2015, 6:34 am - IP Logged

I think that they teach this one at American schools. Google or bing: stemplot, and you will see them finished, under: images. Consider the above being part of regular school education.

I am in Europe and don't play PB.

Having a name for that chicken scratching doesn't make it useful.  If you don't even play PB I doubt if you can add anything useful to the conversation.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2015, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Having a name for that chicken scratching doesn't make it useful.  If you don't even play PB I doubt if you can add anything useful to the conversation.

Consider it useful basics. I have more of that stuff and it made me win in different games. So that scratching was useful to me, talking cash winnings. Simple plots, chicken scratched, can bring money.

Like copied from real life:* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket *  So pick the right numbers! This has nothing to do with luck! :) * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket *  Validate your ticket! Cash it in!

San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2015, 11:06 am - IP Logged

A review.
                  Substitution w/Gap strategy is a workout whereby a lottery game is broken into three parts.
                  Using game history, each part consists of rational and useful tracking charts that generate trend lines showing, in a broad sense, where the game has been and where it might be headed.
                  The User evaluates the detailed and individual trend lines and chooses (guesses) what the next piece of data could be, whether its alpha or numerical signatures. whole or partial permutations and or other useful data.
                  There's more to it, of course, but choosing winning numbers means making the right choices for the next drawing.
                  It goes without saying that trend lines require more than just a few entries.
                  I set up a workout with tracking charts to depict where the Powerballs have been, 41 drawings this year, and give clues on what the next PB# could be for the May 27th drawing.
                  The trend line in the Star Chart offered no useful clues on what the next pattern might be.
                  The Alpha Signature lines are, for the most part, contradictory.
                  The Sum charts are short and offer no real trends.
                  Bottom line, the best course of action is no action.
                  But, I went ahead and set up a Play Sheet, evaluated the data and made the required choices.
                  In a couple instances, the only viable choice was making a WAG, or, wild ass guess.
                  As result, I went on record and stated that the next Powerball number could be 2,3,4,5 or 11.
                  Well, I misread the data and went down the wrong path, which is part of the guessing game.
                  The winning Powerball is 23.
                  I know now exactly where I went wrong, and will have to adjust my thinking about repeating data.
                  I just didn't think the same set of data would prevail three times in a row!!
                  This presentation probably would be better if I were to provide more details about the workout, but, sorry, I'm not ready for that.
                  I've updated the tracking charts.
                  If my interpretation of the trend lines is correct, the Powerball for the May 30 drawing could be 13, 15, 20, 21 or 24.
                  Thanks for your interest.

Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2015, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

PB

[0,9] :FILTERED SEQ.: 9 1 8 8 7 1 6 7 => OCC.: 1 1 6 7 8 8 9 => COU.: 1*2 2*0 3*0 4*0 5*0 6*1 7*2 8*2 9*1 => T.F.:8/40

I would ask kids what they can tell of this chart.

Somewhere you can look into different workouts or charts and eventually make the lucky decisions. Eventually a crystal ball can help.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: May 30, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Consider it useful basics. I have more of that stuff and it made me win in different games. So that scratching was useful to me, talking cash winnings. Simple plots, chicken scratched, can bring money.

Like copied from real life:* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket *  So pick the right numbers! This has nothing to do with luck! :) * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket *  Validate your ticket! Cash it in!

Thanks for sharing, now new lottery players who need to know the basics of doing a pencil and paper workout will have a place to go.

Evil Looking       

San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1394 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2015, 11:38 am - IP Logged

The winning combination for the May 30 Powerball drawing is 08.09.25.56.57 + 22.

Seems no matter what kind of workout we use, it always boils down to choosing between two options.
                        In this instance, the Follower trend charts suggested Alpha Signature 'C' with Gap #1, as opposed to Alpha Signature 'B' with Gap#2.
                        Well, I chose 'C'.
                        Yep, right answer is 'B'.
                        However, PB #22 is one of top five numbers I would have recommended had I gone with 'B'.

I'm going to try this one more time.
                        I've evaluated all the options and chose Alpha Signature 'A', with Gap #3, for the June 3 drawing.
                        There are 8 numbers to choose from.
                        The top five numbers are 30.17.07.32.25.
                        The lower three numbers are 16.23.22.

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
                          Member #129822
                          June 28, 2012
                          361 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2015, 8:38 am - IP Logged

The winning combination for the May 30 Powerball drawing is 08.09.25.56.57 + 22.

Seems no matter what kind of workout we use, it always boils down to choosing between two options.
                          In this instance, the Follower trend charts suggested Alpha Signature 'C' with Gap #1, as opposed to Alpha Signature 'B' with Gap#2.
                          Well, I chose 'C'.
                          Yep, right answer is 'B'.
                          However, PB #22 is one of top five numbers I would have recommended had I gone with 'B'.

I'm going to try this one more time.
                          I've evaluated all the options and chose Alpha Signature 'A', with Gap #3, for the June 3 drawing.
                          There are 8 numbers to choose from.
                          The top five numbers are 30.17.07.32.25.
                          The lower three numbers are 16.23.22.

Interesting method you use. What would your hit rate be out of 10 draws.

Big Smile

San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1394 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2015, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Interesting method you use. What would your hit rate be out of 10 draws.

I'm not sure I'll be able to generate Mega Ball and Powerballs for 10 consecutive drawings, but I'll certainly try.
                            So far, I've won 2 of 3 in Mega Ball, and 1 of 3 in Powerball.
                            Not bad, considering the short life of the workout.

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
                              Member #129822
                              June 28, 2012
                              361 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2015, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure I'll be able to generate Mega Ball and Powerballs for 10 consecutive drawings, but I'll certainly try.
                              So far, I've won 2 of 3 in Mega Ball, and 1 of 3 in Powerball.
                              Not bad, considering the short life of the workout.

Maybe a good idea to do a little test of your own.....1 out of 3 is not bad for a start -well done.One thing I do know the higher the JP the more crazy the numbers etc repeaters.....good old odds stacked against the players. Good luck for tomorrow

Ricklou

Big Smile