Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your Very first reaction to seeing your numbers..

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 1 year ago by TinkerMazell.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Matching those of the winning jackpot and reading " One Winner from .....matched all the numbers tonight".

Disbelief? Shock? Will you just stare at those number for a few minutes- exhale and get yourself a cold one to make it all soak in?

There is a scene in the movie the "Shawshank Redemption"- where Morgan Freeman is All alone in this Hayfield and reading this letter,  yet his compelled to get off his butt and look around to make sure no one can see him..l think l would turn around, just because. .

How about you? 

Have a Great Week People: Above all else : Stay Healthy.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
    nc
    United States
    Member #99520
    October 26, 2010
    375 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Well, I know my first reaction, because the one ond only time I saw the drawing live was several years ago.  Had just gotten home from woprk, turned the news on and they were announcing the numbers for the first time.  I did t have my ticket with me but i knwew most of the numbers i had chosen based on the rumored Brad Duke method.  As they showed them my nouth dropped when I matched the four number in a row. At this point I sat down and was unable to focus on the two remaining numbers.  stunned, it took a moment for me to move. Hands were shaking something fierce, while looking for the ticket.  Found it, logged on to lotterypost.  Took three tries, since unable to type by that point.  As it pulled up, saw that the powerball had matched.  Okay, now i am wildly imagining that it could possibly be.  What a feeling!  But to make sure, I had to look at that fifth number.  As you all should know by now, I didnt match that fifth number...  Missed by two digits.  Didnt win the million dollar prize just the thousand dollar prize. Thanks to it, the car was paid off.

Could not speak at all during this.  Everyone says they yelled when they saw the winning numbers....  Dont see how.. At least for the first little bit.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2015, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

The 'closest' I've ever come to winning jackpot, several years ago, I think I matched all but 2 numbers. I didn't watch the drawing live and I had almost forgot about my ticket (only bought it because I was on auto-pilot), but late Saturday night I got online to check them. Started reading the numbers, disbelieving I was matching them, as I never match anything except 1 or 2, then I just started laughing. I laughed for about a good 15 minutes. I think that win helped solidify the fact that I won only by pure luck, as I had not even intended to buy the ticket, and I didn't bother checking it until later that night. Up to that point I was putting effort into picking my numbers etc. But here, my biggest win to date, was mere chance. That was probably why I laughed so much about it. The drawing was right before Christmas, I remember redeeming it and the lady telling me what a nice Christmas present this was.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2015, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Well, I know my first reaction, because the one ond only time I saw the drawing live was several years ago.  Had just gotten home from woprk, turned the news on and they were announcing the numbers for the first time.  I did t have my ticket with me but i knwew most of the numbers i had chosen based on the rumored Brad Duke method.  As they showed them my nouth dropped when I matched the four number in a row. At this point I sat down and was unable to focus on the two remaining numbers.  stunned, it took a moment for me to move. Hands were shaking something fierce, while looking for the ticket.  Found it, logged on to lotterypost.  Took three tries, since unable to type by that point.  As it pulled up, saw that the powerball had matched.  Okay, now i am wildly imagining that it could possibly be.  What a feeling!  But to make sure, I had to look at that fifth number.  As you all should know by now, I didnt match that fifth number...  Missed by two digits.  Didnt win the million dollar prize just the thousand dollar prize. Thanks to it, the car was paid off.

Could not speak at all during this.  Everyone says they yelled when they saw the winning numbers....  Dont see how.. At least for the first little bit.

l hear that. Read this little piece about a lottery winner.

lottery winners safe

We're sick of money questions.

It drives me nuts when people ask where I keep the money, how I spend it, and if I still have it. No one would dream of asking a CEO those questions.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2015, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

The 'closest' I've ever come to winning jackpot, several years ago, I think I matched all but 2 numbers. I didn't watch the drawing live and I had almost forgot about my ticket (only bought it because I was on auto-pilot), but late Saturday night I got online to check them. Started reading the numbers, disbelieving I was matching them, as I never match anything except 1 or 2, then I just started laughing. I laughed for about a good 15 minutes. I think that win helped solidify the fact that I won only by pure luck, as I had not even intended to buy the ticket, and I didn't bother checking it until later that night. Up to that point I was putting effort into picking my numbers etc. But here, my biggest win to date, was mere chance. That was probably why I laughed so much about it. The drawing was right before Christmas, I remember redeeming it and the lady telling me what a nice Christmas present this was.

Wow- a pinch me moment.

Image result for make it rain gif

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #165541
            April 12, 2015
            545 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2015, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Never heard of Brad Duke. 

Based on your success with his method, do you believe he is a lowest form of life tout?

Congrats on your win, btw.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3052 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2015, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

The closest I was to winning powerball was a 4 number ticket when jack whittaker won it but I was kicking myself because I did not powerplay it.  So I won a $100 and on mega millions I started playing in 2010 when it came to oregon and the most was 3 numbers in the first five for a $25 winner because I megaplied it.  But I am young so I have some time to win it still will be 40 in september.-weshar75

US Flag

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2015, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Never heard of Brad Duke. 

Based on your success with his method, do you believe he is a lowest form of life tout?

Congrats on your win, btw.

Image result for does was not a nice thing to say

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2015, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

I had 5 of 6 in the California lottery. It was in 1987 prior to multi-state games and the jackpot was pumped up for a state lottery.

I was working in Vegas, had played the ticket in Nipton and checked the numbers in the Sunday paper after getting off work around 2:00 a.m.

Had to check them several times, verified them, then I was like a horizontal pound smilie on the floor.

Green laugh

Definitely mixed emotions from missing by 1 but hitting 5.

Bang Head

Pail $2002.

The numbers came from a horoscope.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                    Texas Panhandle
                    United States
                    Member #136843
                    December 20, 2012
                    1279 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2015, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I've told this story before and I'll keep it shorter than previous versions:  It was a "dark and stormy" Saturday night and I was at my computer waiting for the Texas Lotto drawing when the Internet went out.  I decided I'd watch TV until it came back on, but then the cable went out followed shortly by the power.  Sitting in the dark didn't really appeal to me, so I decided I'd jump in my truck and see if the power to the entire town was out or just in my neighborhood.  The streetlights on my street came back on while I was driving, so I went to the nearest convenience store, got a soda and corn dog and had the clerk run off a slip with the winning numbers.  I came back home, threw the slip on my desk and noticed the Internet was back up.  First though, I reset the wall clocks and that of my answering machine, checked to make sure the fridge was still running, reset the microwave clock. (hate those flashing zeros) and then got online and navigated to the Texas Lottery website to check my numbers.  I grabbed the slip and held it up to the monitor...one right, two right....THREE RIGHT, FOUR, FIVE AND SIX NUMBERS!!!  I had won the lottery! "Thank you God!"

I expect by now you've figured out what I had done...checked the slip with winning numbers against the winning numbers on the website.  Duh.    It was such a huge letdown when I realized what I had done, but lemme tell ya....it's a GREAT feeling to win...even if I only thought I had won.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2015, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I've told this story before and I'll keep it shorter than previous versions:  It was a "dark and stormy" Saturday night and I was at my computer waiting for the Texas Lotto drawing when the Internet went out.  I decided I'd watch TV until it came back on, but then the cable went out followed shortly by the power.  Sitting in the dark didn't really appeal to me, so I decided I'd jump in my truck and see if the power to the entire town was out or just in my neighborhood.  The streetlights on my street came back on while I was driving, so I went to the nearest convenience store, got a soda and corn dog and had the clerk run off a slip with the winning numbers.  I came back home, threw the slip on my desk and noticed the Internet was back up.  First though, I reset the wall clocks and that of my answering machine, checked to make sure the fridge was still running, reset the microwave clock. (hate those flashing zeros) and then got online and navigated to the Texas Lottery website to check my numbers.  I grabbed the slip and held it up to the monitor...one right, two right....THREE RIGHT, FOUR, FIVE AND SIX NUMBERS!!!  I had won the lottery! "Thank you God!"

I expect by now you've figured out what I had done...checked the slip with winning numbers against the winning numbers on the website.  Duh.    It was such a huge letdown when I realized what I had done, but lemme tell ya....it's a GREAT feeling to win...even if I only thought I had won.

Green laugh I'm laughing while half asleep lmao

That money's gone fo ever

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                        nc
                        United States
                        Member #99520
                        October 26, 2010
                        375 Posts
                        Posted: June 30, 2015, 12:01 am - IP Logged

l hear that. Read this little piece about a lottery winner.

lottery winners safe

We're sick of money questions.

It drives me nuts when people ask where I keep the money, how I spend it, and if I still have it. No one would dream of asking a CEO those questions.

So true!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: June 30, 2015, 6:53 am - IP Logged

once when i  had the 1st 5 numbers and was waiting on number 6 for the jackpot, i rechecked the 1st 5 like  half a dozen times before the 6th number dropped; because i didnt believe i was that close. time seemed to  go slow and yup i was in disbelief  waiting for that last number.  so sad too bad, i need another dozen or so of that before i get all 6

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                            Happy California
                            United States
                            Member #157856
                            August 2, 2014
                            1520 Posts
                            Posted: June 30, 2015, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Thank You all for your stories. It gives one more hope to play & win !! Congratulations.Group Hug

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4108 Posts
                              Posted: June 30, 2015, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I had 5 of 6 in the California lottery. It was in 1987 prior to multi-state games and the jackpot was pumped up for a state lottery.

I was working in Vegas, had played the ticket in Nipton and checked the numbers in the Sunday paper after getting off work around 2:00 a.m.

Had to check them several times, verified them, then I was like a horizontal pound smilie on the floor.

Green laugh

Definitely mixed emotions from missing by 1 but hitting 5.

Bang Head

Pail $2002.

The numbers came from a horoscope.

That's Great Coin. I recall looking at one of the pictures of a lottery winner that was posted a " Brother Roy" of some religious order all " poker faced" when receiving his check..Perhaps he did his little Riverdance at home in sheer delight before heading off to appear in front of the cameras. .