Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your Very first reaction to seeing your numbers..

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 1 year ago by TinkerMazell.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2015, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I've told this story before and I'll keep it shorter than previous versions:  It was a "dark and stormy" Saturday night and I was at my computer waiting for the Texas Lotto drawing when the Internet went out.  I decided I'd watch TV until it came back on, but then the cable went out followed shortly by the power.  Sitting in the dark didn't really appeal to me, so I decided I'd jump in my truck and see if the power to the entire town was out or just in my neighborhood.  The streetlights on my street came back on while I was driving, so I went to the nearest convenience store, got a soda and corn dog and had the clerk run off a slip with the winning numbers.  I came back home, threw the slip on my desk and noticed the Internet was back up.  First though, I reset the wall clocks and that of my answering machine, checked to make sure the fridge was still running, reset the microwave clock. (hate those flashing zeros) and then got online and navigated to the Texas Lottery website to check my numbers.  I grabbed the slip and held it up to the monitor...one right, two right....THREE RIGHT, FOUR, FIVE AND SIX NUMBERS!!!  I had won the lottery! "Thank you God!"

I expect by now you've figured out what I had done...checked the slip with winning numbers against the winning numbers on the website.  Duh.    It was such a huge letdown when I realized what I had done, but lemme tell ya....it's a GREAT feeling to win...even if I only thought I had won.

I once did something similar many years ago with Ohio's Super Lotto(6/49+1).  I went to the lottery website to update my data file which I then compared to my play file to see if I won anything.  Some how I also added the winning combination to my play file and when I compared the the two all six numbers in a single line came up red indicating I had won a jackpot.  I was in shocked until I got my tickets to high lite the winning numbers on it and discovered my mistake.

I later matched 5of6 in that game and again in the present Classic Lotto(6/49) but after that experience I always checked the actual ticket before becoming too excited even though I have never repeated the mistake of adding the winning combination to my play files.

I'm sure if all the numbers came up red in a single line in my MM or PB play files I might go into shock because now the jackpots are much larger but I would try to stay clam until after I had verified the results on the actual ticket.  I get excited when three numbers in a single line come up red.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2015, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Lol..

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2015, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Oh, almost tragic story MikeinTexas.  I think I might get despondent after figuring out my mistake, tho.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40376 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2015, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Hyper   or Bang Head

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19824 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2015, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Oh, almost tragic story MikeinTexas.  I think I might get despondent after figuring out my mistake, tho.

Better to have dreamed and lost than to have never dreamed at all. PartyBanana

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4106 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2015, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Better to have dreamed and lost than to have never dreamed at all. PartyBanana

That's right.

Better to have played and lost big time than never having played at all.

Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
            Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
            All ballplayers should quit when it starts to feel as if all the baselines run uphill.    - Babe Ruth.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7712 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2015, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Here is my "fish" story, as in, the one that got away.

I frequently walk around a cemetery by my house. It's beautiful and quiet. For some reason I had brought the newspaper with me and my Fantasy 5 ticket. This was before I ever had a computer or heard of Lottery Post :)  I sat down on a cement bench and saw that I had matched the first number....second number....third number.....yes, fourth number.

You can imagine my heart started beating a little faster.

And, of course, wouldn't you know.

1 off of the fifth number.

Oh well. It's not like it would have been that big of a "life changer" anyway. 50 grand but after taxes, well....

I made out with $457. I'll never forget that amount,lol. 

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4106 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2015, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Here is my "fish" story, as in, the one that got away.

I frequently walk around a cemetery by my house. It's beautiful and quiet. For some reason I had brought the newspaper with me and my Fantasy 5 ticket. This was before I ever had a computer or heard of Lottery Post :)  I sat down on a cement bench and saw that I had matched the first number....second number....third number.....yes, fourth number.

You can imagine my heart started beating a little faster.

And, of course, wouldn't you know.

1 off of the fifth number.

Oh well. It's not like it would have been that big of a "life changer" anyway. 50 grand but after taxes, well....

I made out with $457. I'll never forget that amount,lol. 

Thanks Lottolaughs- and others for your accounts of your winnings or close winnings. l believe that the majority of players who frequent the forum are a savvy bunch who would make wise decisions if they ever won a jackpot worth crowing about. The news reports that LP posts come with a lesson, for instance take the case of the recent lottery winner " dooring" a cyclist- seems trivial?- l think not, why? because the story is telling us what we ought to do should we win big and our names are out there, and that is?.. get extra insurance on yourself, your vehicle etc as one person put it, in the event that we find ourselves in such a predicament. Stories, learn from them. l would find it hard to believe if someone from LP won say $8 mil and decided to buy a jet, a mansion and a fleet of cars..but then again, one never knows. 

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                  Augusta, Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #127854
                  May 10, 2012
                  81 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2015, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Well, I know my first reaction, because the one ond only time I saw the drawing live was several years ago.  Had just gotten home from woprk, turned the news on and they were announcing the numbers for the first time.  I did t have my ticket with me but i knwew most of the numbers i had chosen based on the rumored Brad Duke method.  As they showed them my nouth dropped when I matched the four number in a row. At this point I sat down and was unable to focus on the two remaining numbers.  stunned, it took a moment for me to move. Hands were shaking something fierce, while looking for the ticket.  Found it, logged on to lotterypost.  Took three tries, since unable to type by that point.  As it pulled up, saw that the powerball had matched.  Okay, now i am wildly imagining that it could possibly be.  What a feeling!  But to make sure, I had to look at that fifth number.  As you all should know by now, I didnt match that fifth number...  Missed by two digits.  Didnt win the million dollar prize just the thousand dollar prize. Thanks to it, the car was paid off.

Could not speak at all during this.  Everyone says they yelled when they saw the winning numbers....  Dont see how.. At least for the first little bit.

That is so awesome!! I don't watch the drawings because that anticipation would kill me. Sometimes I watch the cash 3 and cash 4 drawings. I rather check my tickets later.

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!