Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ever play a filled out betting slip?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 1 year ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4792 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2015, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I went to buy my Mm ticket while ago and found a very faintly filled out slip with 5 numbers and it was placed neatly back into the holding slot (not on the counter part). So I played that slip with those 5 numbers. I never cared to buy mistake tickets but this situation called my name.

J'aime La France.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1534 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2015, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

No, but did you win anything?  I play mostly my own numbers, so I would not play numbers that I found.

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4792 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2015, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

The ticket is for Tuesday.  I played a set of my own numbers also.

J'aime La France.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I would have played them also.  Good luck to you I hope your name is called!

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4792 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2015, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Even if it is not a winner, it will be a fun experiment.

J'aime La France.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40551 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2015, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Cheers No, but I will now.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
              nc
              United States
              Member #99520
              October 26, 2010
              375 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

If I have the spending money, I would plY them as well. My picks alwAys come first.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2015, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Nope- but l have been suckered into paying more than l should. Awhile back l rolled up to a convenience store, filled out 2 lines of PB- unbeknown to me, a piece of the pencil chaff of folk previously filling out their slips made its way onto the" advance play" and l had to end up paying $16.00 instead of four. This Chinese woman became irate when l " tried explaining" that l only wanted 2 lines..l paid and left. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2015, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Nope- but l have been suckered into paying more than l should. Awhile back l rolled up to a convenience store, filled out 2 lines of PB- unbeknown to me, a piece of the pencil chaff of folk previously filling out their slips made its way onto the" advance play" and l had to end up paying $16.00 instead of four. This Chinese woman became irate when l " tried explaining" that l only wanted 2 lines..l paid and left. 

I had a clerk try to dump some mistakes on me when I drove up to the drive thru with two megamillions play slips that I expected to cost $10 when he handed me two tickets and sad that will be $15.  I checked the tickets and only one had the numbers from my play slip and the other not only had the megaplier but different numbers than on my slip was printed before I drove up to the windows.  I told him I had never seen a terminal make that kind of mistake and I wasn't paying for that ticket.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2015, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm surprised the slip worked. Those bowling alley pencils they supply barely highlight the numbers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4108 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2015, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm surprised the slip worked. Those bowling alley pencils they supply barely highlight the numbers.

RedStang- your response got me thinking. You right. It had to be " Scratcher fluff" - the crap that is left on tables when people use a penny or other item to reveal their prize beneath,  because as l read your remark l envisioned how l run into that debris a lot when l step up to the play slips stand.. Thanks for setting me straight.Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49784 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2015, 6:23 am - IP Logged

I went to buy my Mm ticket while ago and found a very faintly filled out slip with 5 numbers and it was placed neatly back into the holding slot (not on the counter part). So I played that slip with those 5 numbers. I never cared to buy mistake tickets but this situation called my name.

If those numbers are drawn you may wind up sharing the Jackpot with the person that placed the completed playslip in the stack of blank playslips.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4792 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2015, 6:52 am - IP Logged

If those numbers are drawn you may wind up sharing the Jackpot with the person that placed the completed playslip in the stack of blank playslips.

I don't mind sharing and the bonus number was not filled out anyway.

J'aime La France.

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4792 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2015, 6:56 am - IP Logged

RedStang- your response got me thinking. You right. It had to be " Scratcher fluff" - the crap that is left on tables when people use a penny or other item to reveal their prize beneath,  because as l read your remark l envisioned how l run into that debris a lot when l step up to the play slips stand.. Thanks for setting me straight.Big Smile

When I first started playing, I would have issues with the betting slip "reading" or working in the machine. I realized it was the pencil debris and now place one slip under the one I am filling out.

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10353 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2015, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I've played them but never hit anything.

Have also played the numbers off of fortune cookie slips that people leave at the lottery counter.

I'm pretty much convinced that the people who leave these things work for the state lottery.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.