Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Substitution Works - Pick 3

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 1 year ago by MrProgrammer.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2015, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Substitution works - Pick 3

Paper and Pencil Workout -Substitution with Gap Strategy.

Main Worksheet

Substitution Code: 123 = A; 456 = B; 789 = C; 0 = R

Col 1 = Day
Col 2 = Drawing
Col 3 = Winning permutation
Col 4 = Alpha Signature aka Straight, Exact
Col 5 = ID (see note 1)
Col 6 = Numerical Signature aka Box, Any Order (see note2)
Col 7 = 2nd Letter in Alpha Signatures having repeat letters (ABB = A, AAB = B, CCA = A, etc)
Col 8 = First Letter in Alpha Signatures with no repeat letters (ABC = A, BAC = B, CBA = C)
Col 9 = Lottery digit in winning permutations having repeat digits (122 = 2, 311 = 1, 333 = 3, etc) (see note3)
Col 10 = Position of repeat digits in accordance with Scale positions ABC (288 = BC, 335 = AB, 666 = AB, etc) (see note4)

Note1 - ID describes content of Alpha Signature. CCA = DC (double C), ABC = SG (single), ABB = DB (double B), ABA = DA (double A),
ARR = DR (double R). AAA = TA (triple A), BBB = TB (triple B), CCC = TC (triple C), RRR = TR (triple R), CBR (single), BAC (single), etc.

Note2 - A Numerical Signature is created by counting the number of letters in an Alpha Signature, and recording them according to a scale. For example, Alpha Signature ABB has one A, two Bs, no Cs and no Rs. Thus, the Numerical Signature for ABB is 1200; AAB is 2100; RRC is 0012; BCA is 1110; ACR is 1011; etc.

Note3 - A winning permutation with triple digits (111, 444, etc) is logged same as double digits.

Note4 - Triple digit permutations are logged as double digit permutations with position assignment based on Scale positions A and B (888 = 8 = AB)

1   2  3     4     5    6      7 8 9 10

09 M 942 CCA DC 1020 A * 9 AB
09 D 359 ABC SG 1110 * A * **
09 E 246 ABB DB 1200 A * * **
09 N 411 BAA DA 2100 B * 1 BC
10 M 488 BCC DC 0120 B * 8 BC
10 D 772 CCA DC 1020 A * 7 AB
10 E 988 CCC TC 0030 C * 8 BC

Data entries line up properly when logged on graph paper sheet having 32 rows and 42 columns.

Details regarding how game and follower history is used to generate and maintain tracking charts is forthcoming.

notmyday's avatar - 8ball
    florida
    United States
    Member #136668
    December 16, 2012
    334 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

09 m 942 you have as cca dc 1020 if i am reading right that should be cba sg 1110.

San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2015, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

09 m 942 you have as cca dc 1020 if i am reading right that should be cba sg 1110.

You are correct!

I'm not capable of perfect work. There is always an error somewhere.
      Point is, you found the error which means my overall explanation was on target.

Thanks

San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2015, 10:25 am - IP Logged

You are correct!

I'm not capable of perfect work. There is always an error somewhere.
        Point is, you found the error which means my overall explanation was on target.

Thanks

The drawing results used are from Texas Pick 3 lottery.
        The error is a typo, 942 instead of 992.
        The remaining data is correct and in accordance with applicable rules of procedure.
        For all
        This workout requires generation and maintenance of numerous tracking charts that produce
        the TREND lines used in choosing (guessing) which digits have best chance of being in the
        next winning permutation.
        It is NOT a prediction workout, per se.
        It is a beneficial workout for players who have a lot of free time.
        I'm an expert user and it usually takes me up to 30 minutes to update the charts, and another
        30 minutes choosing digits for play.
        It is not a complex workout. It's mostly child's play but it is involved because of the high number
        of tracking sheets that must be updated after each drawing.
        It is important to note that the lottery balls are inanimate objects that are arranged, re-arranged and re-re-arranged
        according to PRECISE RULES OF PROCEDURE.
        More later.

San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2015, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Every lottery gambler has an opinion about what works.
          A majority will always believe that the next big winner will do so with a Quick Pick ticket.
          I have an in-law who has been spending money on a unique set of numbers for over 10 years. He has won a few dollars. Maybe he will hit it big one day, maybe not.
          You have to wonder how much that Irish pool spent playing the same set of numbers in the 28 years it took them to win a jackpot.
          I know a few people who swear that the $375 they spent on a commercial lottery system (ie Steve Player) is worth the price. They would never consider the possibility that all they may have is a random number generator, just like the lottery terminal at the corner store, dressed up with a lot of fancy terminology. The fact that they never talk about winning probably means they never have.
          Anyone who visits LP regularly should know that that a few members are always presenting various schemes they claim will result in a win, but offer little or no proof of long-term success.
          It's amazing how many folks truly believe they can punch a few keys on a computer and win a million bucks!
          But, at the same, there are some 'systems' or 'workouts' that possess all of the features needed to realistically generate a winning permutation, but don't because winning a lottery is perhaps the most difficult task a gambler can face.
          Any review of the LP postings over the past 10 years or more indicate that many serious system gamblers believe there is a mathematical solution to successful lottery play, and have spent untold hours developing rational methods for choosing numbers.
          Basically, these methods process lottery numbers en masse, or, all at once, similarly to the lottery drawing machines.
          Of course, anyone who has ever actually watched a lottery drawing has to know that there can be no mathematical formula that can define the ball mixing process in ways that accurately and consistently reveal what the next winning permutation will be.
          History pretty well demonstrates that trying to 'reverse engineer' the lottery machines is futile.
          OK. What about Substitution. How does it differ from mathematical methods??
          Substitution is an alternative plan where a lottery game is divided into three major sections for subsequent analysis.
          It is based on the theory that winning permutations stem from an alphabetical base, called Alpha Signatures, that are created according to a specific plan.
          Basically, a User selects a signature and then applies personal mental attributes to analyze multiple trend sequences to find the digits/numbers (aka integers) the data suggests have the best chance of being in the next winning permutation - one step at a time.
          For example, if a User believes that the next Alpha Signature will be "ABC", he/she then gathers the graph sheets having the appropriate trend data and chooses one 'A' digit, one 'B' digit and one 'C' digit.
          A correct reading of the clues in the trend lines could lead to a significant win.
          All of the data needed for a substitution workout is logged according to specific rules on a basic worksheet.
          This is a standard document that is organized in way to show where a lottery game has been and where it might be headed in future once the data is broken down into individual tracking charts.
          Given the fact that the folks who visit LP regularly already have a master plan to win the lottery, thus, a general lack of interest in Substitution, I won't be providing detailed explanations regarding the tracking charts and procedures.
          I'd probably spend a lot of time and energy talking to myself. I've done enough of that.
          I believe that anyone interested and capable of developing a workout should be able to use the data in the worksheet to create the charts on their own initiative.
          The worksheet given in an earlier post is for Texas Pick 3, combined drawings.
          Folks in other states will have to create an exact same worksheet for their particular Pick 3 game.
          What I will do, in a future post, is present the outline of the basic play sheet where all the data needed to choose digits is recorded.
          Bottom line - if you believe Substitution is a viable option to lottery play and have a basic understanding of how detailed analysis of game history is accomplished, you will have to initiate a self-help project.
          If you are interested but can't figure it out using your own mental abilities, then perhaps you should consider something else.
          Later.

San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2015, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Substitution Works - Tracking Charts
            Lottery gamblers with the interest and time to analyze a lottery game quickly discover the need for and the importance of rationale tracking charts.
            Personally, I can't imagine any kind of analysis that doesn't feature tracking charts. This includes the mathematical models.
            A player really needs to 'get down and personal' with lottery games. In other words, a player needs first-hand knowledge about where a game has been and where it might be headed.
            Many players are using some form of mathematics to analyze and discover the history of individual digits in a Pick 3 game.
            If the digit 1 is the last digit in a long string of digits, what might the next digit, or follower, be?
            If the game is being analyzed en masse (all 10 digits at once) according to some mathematical plan, the answer to the 'What's Next' question could be 1 or 9 other digits.
            This poses a significant analysis and makes choosing very difficult.
            Enough said about mathematics and the many non-natural tracking and analysis methods in use today.
            Non-natural is giving life to dumb as dirt lottery balls.
            Substitution, which analyzes, arranges, rearranges and re-rearranges dumb lotto digits according to specific rules of procedures, simplifies game analysis.
            For example, if the the last digit in a long string is 1, the answer to the What's Next question is 1, 2 or 3, instead of 1 and 9 other digits.
            This fact alone ought to convince experienced lottery players that substitution has merit, and would make a solid alternative to mathematical methods.
            As a long time user of Substitution Workout with Gap Strategy, I have created many tracking charts that examine the Follower History from several points of view.
            Here is a list of the Pick 3 tracking charts and the Trend strings that aid a lottery player seeking to find the digits having the best chance of being in the next winning permutation.
            1. Basic Worksheet
            a. Already explained

2. Main A
            a. HotSheet and Gap number generator (G1 and G1)
            b. L# Star Chart
            c. G1 Star Chart
            d. G2 Star Chart.
            Example: L#s 1, 2, 3 (last 6 entries)
            1 - xoooxo
            2 - oxxxoo
            3 -ooooox
            Example: G1 (last 6 entries)
            1 - ooxxoo
            2 - ooooxo
            3 - xxooox
            Example: G2 (last 6 entries)
            1 - xxxoxoo
            2 - oooooo
            3 - ooxoxx
            e. Repeating Double Followers:
            Example: L# SC (Star Chart)
            11 - 233113222122
            22 - 12121131
            33 - 211321
            G1 SC
            11 - 212222
            22 - 313221211112322323223
            33 - 121233233133233
            G2 SC
            11 - 2332233122113
            22 - 13213321
            33 - 1112

Question: The last two entries in the G2 SC above are 33, a double.
            What could the next follower be?

f. Last 4 L# digits - logged as nnn over n, where nnn is a column header and n is a follower.
            There are 3 pages.
            Page 1 - all Last 4 sets beginning with digit 1
            There are 9 columns per page.
            Column headers are: 111, 112, 113, 121,122,123,131,132,133
            Page 2 - all Last 4 sets beginning with digit 2
            There are 9 columns per page.
            Column headers are 211,212,213,221,222,223,231,232,233
            Page 3 - all Last 4 sets beginning with digit 3.
            There are 9 columns per page
            Column headers are 311,312,313,321,322,323,331,332,333

THE LAST 4 L# DIGITS ARE THE LAST 4 DIGITS LOGGED IN THE HOTSHEET L# COLUMN.
            For example: Last 4 digits are 1123, a 3 would be entered in the column below 112.

g. Last 4 G1 numbers.
            There 3 pages.
            Headers per page are the same as for Last 4 L# digits.
            Last 4 G1 numbers are found in the G1 column of the Main A Hotsheet.

h. Last 4 G2 numbers.
            There are 3 pages.
            Headers per page are the same as for Last 4 G1 numbers.
            Last 4 G2 numbers are found the G2 column of the Main A Hotsheet.

How is this data used to find best L# digits??

Example: Last 4 L# digits are 132.
            The Followers are:
            Note: Vertical data is presented horizontally to save space.
            What's the next L# digit??

OPTIONS
            A User could refer to Last 4 G1 and/or the Last 4 G2 chart entries to make a decision.
            If either option is used, the G numbers must be converted to L#s following prescribed
            procedures.

I. G1 Follower-Follower Charts.
            There are 3 lines, 1 2 and 3.
            Data Source: Last two Gap numbers logged in Hotsheet G1 column.
            There are 9 column headers per line.
            Line 1 - 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23, 31, 32, 33.
            Line 2 - Same as for Line 1.
            Line 3 - Same as for Line 1.
            Example: If the last two Gap numbers are 2 and 3, and the next Gap 1 number is 3,
            the 3 would be logged as the next number on Line 3 and again below the below the 23 column.
            In other words, the last digit logged on the Hotsheet designates which Line the next G1 number is logged.

Main A, G1 Follower-Follower Chart (Last 5 entries)
            Line 1 - 23312
            Line 2 - 33233
            Line 3 - 23331

Last two G1 numbers in G1 column of HotSheet are 2 and 3.

The last number, 3, designates the Line, which is 3.
            The last two numbers in Line 3 (above) are '31'
            User would refer to Line 3, column header '31'
            The next Follower choices are: 2231232122

What's the next follower??

Note: There are other options, such as 4 Sum lines and a Follower-Follower-Follower Star Chart, but explaining them at this juncture wouldn't be beneficial.

An experienced lottery game analyst should be able to set up the required logs.

j. G2 Follower-Follower Charts.
            Same format and content as for G1.

Overview
            Choosing best lottery digits to play entails careful analysis of available history information.
            The tracking charts and trend lines explained above provide numerous clues that can help a User decide on a course of action, keeping in mind that it's guesswork.
            Different Users could, of course, make different decisions on which L# is worth a financial investment.
            This is a good reason why players should compare notes, and choose different digits.
            There is no way I could ever adequately explain how I evaluate the trend lines and make decisions.
            I just lay out the data in a Play Sheet and then use my mental abilities to make choices.
            Sometimes I'm right, most times I'm wrong.
            However, I'm right often enough to make use of the workout for all my plays worthwhile.

Example:

A User has decided to use an Alpha Signature that includes the Letter A, which stands for lottery digits 1, 2 and 3.
            The User refers to the Main A tracking charts and trend lines explained above.
            The Star Charts are the first choice in finding an answer to the What is the Next A digit question.
            A careful review of the data shows specific patterns, such as right and left diagonals, right and left steps, tea spoon, table spoon, and other recognizable patterns.
            If the User believes the next entry would complete a pattern, that would be his/or her choice.
            Keep in mind that Gap numbers have to be converted to lottery numbers.
            If the User is unsure and wants to review other options, he or she would refer to the Repeating Doubles, if any.
            The User could then analyze the LAST 4 data in the L#, G1 and G2 charts.
            As a last resort, the User would refer to the Follower-Follower charts.
            It goes without saying that making good choices requires experience.
            Therefore, a User should keep a record for future evaluation.

3. Main B
            Same charts as for Main A, except the lottery digits are 4, 5 and 6.
            Gap numbers are 1,2 and 3.

4. Main C
            Same as for Main A, except there are 4 lottery digits: 7,8,9,0.
            Gap Numbers 1,2,3,4.
            There are 4 Last 4 digit/gap number pages.
            The are 16 columns per Page and Line.

There are two more major tracking charts, Alpha Doubles and Lottery Digit Doubles.
            I choose to not present the information at this time.
            If I sense there is sufficient interest in Substitution, I'll describe the charts in a later post.
            Thanks for your interest.

new jersey
              United States
              Member #150815
              December 31, 2013
              513 Posts
              Posted: July 17, 2015, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

i  dont  understand  what  your  trying  to  get  across    maybe  its  me

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2015, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

i  dont  understand  what  your  trying  to  get  across    maybe  its  me

Why would you think he was trying to get across you? What?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

new jersey
                  United States
                  Member #150815
                  December 31, 2013
                  513 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

2  complicated  for me

United States
                    Member #116344
                    September 8, 2011
                    3927 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Every lottery gambler has an opinion about what works.
                    A majority will always believe that the next big winner will do so with a Quick Pick ticket.
                    I have an in-law who has been spending money on a unique set of numbers for over 10 years. He has won a few dollars. Maybe he will hit it big one day, maybe not.
                    You have to wonder how much that Irish pool spent playing the same set of numbers in the 28 years it took them to win a jackpot.
                    I know a few people who swear that the $375 they spent on a commercial lottery system (ie Steve Player) is worth the price. They would never consider the possibility that all they may have is a random number generator, just like the lottery terminal at the corner store, dressed up with a lot of fancy terminology. The fact that they never talk about winning probably means they never have.
                    Anyone who visits LP regularly should know that that a few members are always presenting various schemes they claim will result in a win, but offer little or no proof of long-term success.
                    It's amazing how many folks truly believe they can punch a few keys on a computer and win a million bucks!
                    But, at the same, there are some 'systems' or 'workouts' that possess all of the features needed to realistically generate a winning permutation, but don't because winning a lottery is perhaps the most difficult task a gambler can face.
                    Any review of the LP postings over the past 10 years or more indicate that many serious system gamblers believe there is a mathematical solution to successful lottery play, and have spent untold hours developing rational methods for choosing numbers.
                    Basically, these methods process lottery numbers en masse, or, all at once, similarly to the lottery drawing machines.
                    Of course, anyone who has ever actually watched a lottery drawing has to know that there can be no mathematical formula that can define the ball mixing process in ways that accurately and consistently reveal what the next winning permutation will be.
                    History pretty well demonstrates that trying to 'reverse engineer' the lottery machines is futile.
                    Substitution is an alternative plan where a lottery game is divided into three major sections for subsequent analysis.
                    It is based on the theory that winning permutations stem from an alphabetical base, called Alpha Signatures, that are created according to a specific plan.
                    Basically, a User selects a signature and then applies personal mental attributes to analyze multiple trend sequences to find the digits/numbers (aka integers) the data suggests have the best chance of being in the next winning permutation - one step at a time.
                    For example, if a User believes that the next Alpha Signature will be "ABC", he/she then gathers the graph sheets having the appropriate trend data and chooses one 'A' digit, one 'B' digit and one 'C' digit.
                    A correct reading of the clues in the trend lines could lead to a significant win.
                    All of the data needed for a substitution workout is logged according to specific rules on a basic worksheet.
                    This is a standard document that is organized in way to show where a lottery game has been and where it might be headed in future once the data is broken down into individual tracking charts.
                    Given the fact that the folks who visit LP regularly already have a master plan to win the lottery, thus, a general lack of interest in Substitution, I won't be providing detailed explanations regarding the tracking charts and procedures.
                    I'd probably spend a lot of time and energy talking to myself. I've done enough of that.
                    I believe that anyone interested and capable of developing a workout should be able to use the data in the worksheet to create the charts on their own initiative.
                    The worksheet given in an earlier post is for Texas Pick 3, combined drawings.
                    Folks in other states will have to create an exact same worksheet for their particular Pick 3 game.
                    What I will do, in a future post, is present the outline of the basic play sheet where all the data needed to choose digits is recorded.
                    Bottom line - if you believe Substitution is a viable option to lottery play and have a basic understanding of how detailed analysis of game history is accomplished, you will have to initiate a self-help project.
                    If you are interested but can't figure it out using your own mental abilities, then perhaps you should consider something else.
                    Later.

I thought Substitution is  assumed concept in mathematics? not different from ' elimination, deviations, etc, so how is this alternative plan outside mathematics? If you don't subscribe to historical data tracking(see beginning of your text> History> reverse engineer> futile), then what is your inference for the alternative plan? Lottery is RANDOM, understanding randomness is all you need.

PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                      Simi Valley, CA
                      United States
                      Member #156940
                      July 4, 2014
                      671 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2015, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I thought Substitution is  assumed concept in mathematics? not different from ' elimination, deviations, etc, so how is this alternative plan outside mathematics? If you don't subscribe to historical data tracking(see beginning of your text> History> reverse engineer> futile), then what is your inference for the alternative plan? Lottery is RANDOM, understanding randomness is all you need.

Stop saying lottery is "random," or at least define WHAT you mean by "random." CA D3 is run off an algorithm with discernible, absolutely non-random-universe patterns to it. Hard? Unpredictable? Maddening? Yes. But not purely random.....Smile

We have no dreams at all, or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way—not at all, or in an interesting manner.   -- Friedrich Nietzsche

United States
                        Member #116344
                        September 8, 2011
                        3927 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2015, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

If there's a mathematical formula for lottery predictions, then let's see the so call 'algorithm'. I don't need to explain or define randomness,  the perception of that pattern(" CA D3 is run off an algorithm with discernible...'')is what keeps lottery players to the drawing board after each draw. 

''Stop saying lottery is "random,''- Are you aware of what you just said, you can argue /debate on my statement, but you can't shout a dialogue, different thoughts /angles/approach is always a good thing, we don't live in a close society !

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1691 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2015, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Stop saying lottery is "random," or at least define WHAT you mean by "random." CA D3 is run off an algorithm with discernible, absolutely non-random-universe patterns to it. Hard? Unpredictable? Maddening? Yes. But not purely random.....Smile

I have the same problem Peter. People throw up terms without defining what they actually mean. The same people questions when someone else uses a term they don't like. 

I recall asking adobe if he was posting about an "ideal" or an "idea" once. He never responded. At that point, i refused to be bothered trying to determine.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1394 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2015, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I think serious lottery players know that the 'random' question has two parts.
                            1. Generation
                            2. Results.
                            Yes, most lotteries do use random methods, ie lottery machines, to generate winning numbers.
                            Are the results random? Not necessarily, as game histories demonstrate.
                            I don't see how any intelligent person can argue that the ball machines are capable of being managed to provide a desired outcome.
                            I watch 4 drawings everyday and I've never heard or seen anything that would  suggest that lottery officials know what the final outcome will be. They are as much in the dark as the players are.
                            Computers can be manipulated, as the recent Hot Lotto trial indicated.
                            California uses two methods to select P3 winning numbers - a random number generator and a computer program.
                            Players don't know in advance which method will be used for a particular drawing.
                            If you doubt me, go to their lottery page and read what they say about the drawings.

Substitution is not a mathematical workout.
                            Look at it this way - there are 10 wood blocks. Each block has a number.
                            The blocks are arranged, re-arranged and re-re-arranged according to precise rules of procedure. No mathematical formulae involved.
                            There are situations where a user has to count to 4, but there are no long term inventories or counts.
                            Any workout has one or more tracking logs.
                            Fortunately, or unfortunately, my workout has numerous tracking logs that display how the blocks are manipulated in certain situations to achieve a desired outcome.|
                            The workout has alternative tracking charts that come into play when the two primary trend lines don't offer any clues.
                            A User has 3 major opportunities, each supported with required trend charts, to choose the digit having the best chance of being in the winning permutation/combination.
                            True, the workout is complex, but it is not complicated. It's mostly child's play. Perhaps that's why folks don't understand it.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                              Dallas, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              1691 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2015, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I think serious lottery players know that the 'random' question has two parts.
                              1. Generation
                              2. Results.
                              Yes, most lotteries do use random methods, ie lottery machines, to generate winning numbers.
                              Are the results random? Not necessarily, as game histories demonstrate.
                              I don't see how any intelligent person can argue that the ball machines are capable of being managed to provide a desired outcome.
                              I watch 4 drawings everyday and I've never heard or seen anything that would  suggest that lottery officials know what the final outcome will be. They are as much in the dark as the players are.
                              Computers can be manipulated, as the recent Hot Lotto trial indicated.
                              California uses two methods to select P3 winning numbers - a random number generator and a computer program.
                              Players don't know in advance which method will be used for a particular drawing.
                              If you doubt me, go to their lottery page and read what they say about the drawings.

Substitution is not a mathematical workout.
                              Look at it this way - there are 10 wood blocks. Each block has a number.
                              The blocks are arranged, re-arranged and re-re-arranged according to precise rules of procedure. No mathematical formulae involved.
                              There are situations where a user has to count to 4, but there are no long term inventories or counts.
                              Any workout has one or more tracking logs.
                              Fortunately, or unfortunately, my workout has numerous tracking logs that display how the blocks are manipulated in certain situations to achieve a desired outcome.|
                              The workout has alternative tracking charts that come into play when the two primary trend lines don't offer any clues.
                              A User has 3 major opportunities, each supported with required trend charts, to choose the digit having the best chance of being in the winning permutation/combination.
                              True, the workout is complex, but it is not complicated. It's mostly child's play. Perhaps that's why folks don't understand it.

Agree with you on that bobby.

Still a certain amount of randomness is limited by prior results. Nothing is totally random.

For example, never seen, read or heard of the same three digits coming out in any pick three anywhere 4 or 5 times in a row. Seen it happen in Texas several times back to back, but never 4 or 5 times. That would be truly random.

Or even the same digit coming out in the same position each time it hits. Where randomness says it is possible, reality says its not probable.

Same sum hitting every day for 5 straight drawings? Haven't seen that random event either.

Total randomness does not observe reality. But by looking at the results of any game we can see that reality plays a hand in randomness.

You wouldn't flip a coin 100 times and expect heads each flip. Yet randomness says its possible. Reality tells us otherwise.

Why would a person who claims the lottery is random be posting predictions in the systems forum anyway? Would he not already recognize any effort to predict this random event is futile?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"