Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Daily Picker in Excel

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lakerben.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lakerben's avatar - spherewall
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11116 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2015, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

For the last month I have been developing an Excel Worksheet that creates picks based on any calculation involving a previous number or sequence.   

The first step was to download all of the picks for the California Daily 3 and calculate all of the mirror numbers for each sequence.  The numbers are listed by game number (descending from Last draw) as follows:  N1 N2 N3 M1 M2 M3

The next step was to create a formula set for each Number and Mirror number.  For example: using M2 from a previous draw + or – any number calculates a new number.  The INDIRECT function allows this formula to change the Number or Mirror Number  or +/- number.  More complicated formulas use multiple previous numbers or mirror numbers in multiple games (added, subtracted or multiplied) to create a pick For example Take M2 from the previous game and add it to N1 from the picks 3 games back. 

The indirect function allows the rapid calculation of the formula for any Number or Mirror and for any previous game.  The initial setup uses scenarios for each Number and Mirror Number (6). 

The calculated Numbers and their corresponding Mirror numbers are lined up on the same row as the game being analyzed and are generated for the next game.  Using the COUNTIF function in the formula for Conditional Formatting allows the numbers to be highlighted if they are in the numbers selected for that row (game) including colors that indicate the position (N1, N2, or N3). 

For each Game all possible sequences from the selected numbers are calculated starting with the Straight Sequence (N1-N2-N3) and including the other 5 Box sequences. 

Adjacent to each set of formula scenarios, number sequences are calculated in the same way.  The Worksheet also allows for the Primary Calculation or the Mirror Calculation to be turned on or off to reduce the number of projected numbers from 12 to 6.

Conditional Formatting highlights a Straight of Box if it hits.

The % of hits for each formula scenario can be calculated for any number of the previous games.  Using a number of previous games (I use 5 of 10).  Each of the 6 Senario formulas can be changed by selecting different Numbers or Mirrors, Games Back, Numbers to +/-/*.  Formulas can also include exponent values to apply to the Numbers or results in or of the scenario formula.  I use a formula that uses only the last digit in the calculated Scenario Values.

The results of the scenarios can then be viewed to see how many times they have produced a winner for each game.  I manipulate each Scenario formula until I get at least 4 winners from the previous 5 games.  The funny thing is that for the games prior to the last 5 there are almost no winners.  I am working on an adjustment factor to the Scenarios needed to produce more winners for each series of 5 games prior to the last 5.

I am wondering if anyone might be interested or has tried this approach.  I would appreciate any comments or questions out there.  I would like to invite anyone to suggest Scenario formulas for analysis.

Can you post it?

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Lincoln, California
    United States
    Member #167130
    June 27, 2015
    256 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2015, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Still Working on the Worksheet.  It has grown much larger since I decided to use all of the numbers drawn on the same day in California for Fantasy5, Daily4, and Both Daily 3 draws in the equations.  I am trying to process for a short list of high percentage  combinations that I intend to Share.  I don't think I will post the large worksheet; but I am working on a short version that would let you calculate some of your own formulas.  It will be the nuts and bolts of the system and could be expanded by anyone that can copy formulas in Excel.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #86099
      January 29, 2010
      11116 Posts
      Posted: August 15, 2015, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Still Working on the Worksheet.  It has grown much larger since I decided to use all of the numbers drawn on the same day in California for Fantasy5, Daily4, and Both Daily 3 draws in the equations.  I am trying to process for a short list of high percentage  combinations that I intend to Share.  I don't think I will post the large worksheet; but I am working on a short version that would let you calculate some of your own formulas.  It will be the nuts and bolts of the system and could be expanded by anyone that can copy formulas in Excel.

Good idea!

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

HHEH-100's avatar - batman42

United States
        Member #149179
        November 22, 2013
        37 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2015, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like something I have in excel. I have the winning number daily, 97% it is in box form.....working on Str8s. My sheet works on P3 and P4.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
          BOSTON
          United States
          Member #48
          September 9, 2001
          3584 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2015, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

HHEH. Are you willing to share it for us to test it in our states?Thanks

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
            From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
            United States
            Member #49750
            February 13, 2007
            439 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2015, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like something I have in excel. I have the winning number daily, 97% it is in box form.....working on Str8s. My sheet works on P3 and P4.

HHEH-100 = The Joker from Gotham? OMG! And what is this winning number daily you speak of? Please do tell!

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

United States
              Member #149179
              November 22, 2013
              37 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2015, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I can't do to my partner.

United States
                Member #149179
                November 22, 2013
                37 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2015, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

HHEH-100 = The Joker from Gotham? OMG! And what is this winning number daily you speak of? Please do tell!

I'm serious......the systems are on l.p., I just put them in excel. What state are you in?

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
                  From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
                  United States
                  Member #49750
                  February 13, 2007
                  439 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2015, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I'm serious......the systems are on l.p., I just put them in excel. What state are you in?

Colorado. What LP system is that?

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

Lincoln, California
                    United States
                    Member #167130
                    June 27, 2015
                    256 Posts
                    Posted: September 15, 2015, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your interest.  I got side tracked looking at other ideas for Ca Fantasy Five.  I do intend to post it when I get it to a user friendly state.  The calculations are the easy part for me; however the "Architecture" of the worksheet is what takes most of the time for the posting to be understood and usable. I wrote instructions that I thought would make it easy to follow and was ready to post it then started working again and do not feel like I have the time to explain or respond to questions or errors right now.

I have several versions of the Workbook: Fantasy 5, Daily 4, Daily 3 and a combination of all 3 games that I am working on.  The version most ready to post uses the Daily 4 and both Daily 3 draws to generate numbers for either game.

I will get back to the Workbook in a few days and see how it goes.

I haven't been able to decide how many or what formulas to include. 

Give me a couple of weeks and I will get it posted.

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #86099
                      January 29, 2010
                      11116 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2015, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your interest.  I got side tracked looking at other ideas for Ca Fantasy Five.  I do intend to post it when I get it to a user friendly state.  The calculations are the easy part for me; however the "Architecture" of the worksheet is what takes most of the time for the posting to be understood and usable. I wrote instructions that I thought would make it easy to follow and was ready to post it then started working again and do not feel like I have the time to explain or respond to questions or errors right now.

I have several versions of the Workbook: Fantasy 5, Daily 4, Daily 3 and a combination of all 3 games that I am working on.  The version most ready to post uses the Daily 4 and both Daily 3 draws to generate numbers for either game.

I will get back to the Workbook in a few days and see how it goes.

I haven't been able to decide how many or what formulas to include. 

Give me a couple of weeks and I will get it posted.

Thanks!

How about them cowboys!

US Flag