Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If and when you hit it are you telling anyone in the Forum or..

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 1 year ago by cbr$.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Augusta, Georgia
United States
Member #127854
May 10, 2012
81 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2015, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't post it immediately. Once I was settled down in my new house and gotten everything in order I would probably post here. Seems like there are a lot of haters on here so I may or may not post...

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2015, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't post it immediately. Once I was settled down in my new house and gotten everything in order I would probably post here. Seems like there are a lot of haters on here so I may or may not post...

Yes Nod 

for me..... I'd probably have Todd kill this account,

then come back under another ID after I got my new place and got a nice TOR equipped PC

and just sit here and post nutting , but maybe the albeit rare blog post Twitch 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2015, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I doubt the number of members on here is over 20,000.  Click on the Member List and see for yourself.

maringoman,

Bottom right on the Home Page, white background, Lottery Post statistics:

Members:

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
        United States
        Member #167035
        June 22, 2015
        1340 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2015, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

maringoman,

Members:

wow - anything over $500 would probably post anonymously through other means

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2015, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

maringoman,

Members:

It does state that there are 167,838 members but that's just an illusion. Many of those are just accounts that were created and never used after signing up. Click on the Members List up there and see for yourself. The true number is much much smaller.

That money's gone fo ever

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            606 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2015, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Probably not, but I would think about you while sipping some drinks in French Polynesia.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1276 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2015, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I'd P.M. Todd within a few days of the drawing, then a few others in here AFTER I collected the winnings.   I won't be at this address by that time, anyway, so lotsa luck finding me.

I'm not worried about anyone bothering me;  if someone did manage to find me at my new digs and ignored my "No Trespassing" sign, then they would probably have also ignored the "Beware of Dog" sign, so it'd be their own tough luck having a fang or two hung in them.  If they ignored the alarm company signs and crawled through a window they broke,  they won't be able to ignore the two in the chest, one between the eyes hollow point "warning" I'd give 'em.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
               - George Orwell

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2015, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

It does state that there are 167,838 members but that's just an illusion. Many of those are just accounts that were created and never used after signing up. Click on the Members List up there and see for yourself. The true number is much much smaller.

Trust me, if anyone here won a huge jackpot and posted it a lot of those members who don't post would surface, especially via PMs to the winner.

If you really think the stats are just an illusion, go to the Member List and search the letter S:

14,893 Lottery Post Members matching "S" (i.e., start with S)

That's for the letter S alone, still think there's about 20,000 here?

And here's for the letter M:

15,174 Lottery Post Members matching "M"

(Two of the most common letters names start with)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Trust me, if anyone here won a huge jackpot and posted it a lot of those members who don't post would surface, especially via PMs to the winner.

If you really think the stats are just an illusion, go to the Member List and search the letter S:

14,893 Lottery Post Members matching "S" (i.e., start with S)

That's for the letter S alone, still think there's about 20,000 here?

And here's for the letter M:

15,174 Lottery Post Members matching "M"

(Two of the most common letters names start with)

I didn't dispute the 160,000+ figure. What I don't believe is that all those are real members. I suspect that those are just accounts.  If you look carefully at their profiles, most of them last logged in June 21, 2011. Unless something very special happened on that day that made them all log in and out, I'd say they're not members but accounts.

Texas Panhandle
                    United States
                    Member #136843
                    December 20, 2012
                    1276 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2015, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

I didn't dispute the 160,000+ figure. What I don't believe is that all those are real members. I suspect that those are just accounts.  If you look carefully at their profiles, most of them last logged in June 21, 2011. Unless something very special happened on that day that made them all log in and out, I'd say they're not members but accounts.

From my own experiences moderating msg. boards and managing a few groups, I'd say any forum would be extremely lucky to have 5% of the total membership be active.  I'm sure there are many duplicate memberships from people joining, then forgetting their password and instead of requesting a new one, just joining up w/ another, quite a few other reasons for dupes.  Many folks join for some reason or another then don't give the site another thought.

There was a similar thread about participation a yr. or so ago and I went and looked up LP's web traffic.  Of course, those online sites can be notoriously inaccurate and only Todd knows the figures for sure, but I've always been impressed with the number of unique visits to this site, plus the time on site as well as US and world ranking.  Alexa says that there are 180,000+ unique visitors every day, so that tells me this website gets visitors above and beyond the total membership roll.

Not even all the active members on these boards are "real";  we've sniffed out several sock puppets, some verified by Todd himself and others he never mentioned, but they suddenly went to the "land of no avatar", so....

Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2015, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

From my own experiences moderating msg. boards and managing a few groups, I'd say any forum would be extremely lucky to have 5% of the total membership be active.  I'm sure there are many duplicate memberships from people joining, then forgetting their password and instead of requesting a new one, just joining up w/ another, quite a few other reasons for dupes.  Many folks join for some reason or another then don't give the site another thought.

There was a similar thread about participation a yr. or so ago and I went and looked up LP's web traffic.  Of course, those online sites can be notoriously inaccurate and only Todd knows the figures for sure, but I've always been impressed with the number of unique visits to this site, plus the time on site as well as US and world ranking.  Alexa says that there are 180,000+ unique visitors every day, so that tells me this website gets visitors above and beyond the total membership roll.

Not even all the active members on these boards are "real";  we've sniffed out several sock puppets, some verified by Todd himself and others he never mentioned, but they suddenly went to the "land of no avatar", so....

I suppose you're right but that June 21, 2011 seems odd that they all logged on and off in unison. Very peculiar

Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1276 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2015, 7:56 am - IP Logged

I suppose you're right but that June 21, 2011 seems odd that they all logged on and off in unison. Very peculiar

Yes, I thought that was peculiar as well.  I didn't go verify your find, but taking your word at it, I couldn't find anything about a huge JP drawing or a announcement of a winner on that day.  I wonder if it might have been due to a glitch during a recent upgrade to the website.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2015, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I'd P.M. Todd within a few days of the drawing, then a few others in here AFTER I collected the winnings.   I won't be at this address by that time, anyway, so lotsa luck finding me.

I'm not worried about anyone bothering me;  if someone did manage to find me at my new digs and ignored my "No Trespassing" sign, then they would probably have also ignored the "Beware of Dog" sign, so it'd be their own tough luck having a fang or two hung in them.  If they ignored the alarm company signs and crawled through a window they broke,  they won't be able to ignore the two in the chest, one between the eyes hollow point "warning" I'd give 'em.

Mike... I am not sure about telling our administrator on the win but maybe posting a picture of the ticket(after collection) under a new name  from a different email account might be an option. I agree with telling a few(1-2) folks on here but that's it. My physical address will probably be at some campground someplace with a P.O. Box for mail

You are being very kind on the warnings. My sign will say "No trespassers at all. Any attempts will result in being removed in a body bag. Have a nice day See Ya!"

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                            Cordova,Al.
                            United States
                            Member #104482
                            January 15, 2011
                            4906 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2015, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Are you simply keeping your mouth shut & allow the whispers & rumors to fly while you nonchalantly go about your business? Or would you tell a select few...especially if you claim or aim to claim anonymously?

***For Entertainment Purposes Only. 

It will remain a secret.Wink