Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever bought lottery tickets stashed them away only to..

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 1 year ago by LottoLucy.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
nc
United States
Member #99520
October 26, 2010
375 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2015, 9:19 am - IP Logged

CRrect nswer is yes. Because i mostly buy advanced plays because i am forgetful or dont have time to cross the border, they get placed on the top shelf of my desk.  Sometimes i buy an extra qp and it gets put into the stack. Result is, because i work two jobs, there is never enough time in the day to do everything, checking tickets gets put aside until there is time.  Just checked a stack and found one that timed out yesterday. For $2.  Now, guarenteed, will check if news says. There will jackpot or $1million dollar winner from either state I play in.  ....unless they announce where they bought the ticket.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    556 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2015, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Find them months after the expiration date while moving stuff around between books or other- and thinking " What if this was a winner?"

*** Have a Great upcoming weekend People & Stay Healthy while you at it. 

like the ones my sister sticks under her keyboard until she thinks to give them to me to check for her?  lol

she will bring me a brown paper bag full of lottery tickets and scratched off cards--some current, some expired

I keep mine in my wallet.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      556 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2015, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I can't put the tickets away I have to check them everyday I try not be obessesive but I can't help it.

I buy multi draw tickets and check them everyday also.  It is my hobby or habit :)

cbr$'s avatar - maren
        Cordova,Al.
        United States
        Member #104482
        January 15, 2011
        4937 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2015, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Find them months after the expiration date while moving stuff around between books or other- and thinking " What if this was a winner?"

Yes, I have find winners after the expiration date. In my own little personal space. Sewing room/ meditation room...etc...I love to do scratch-off there. Usual after I've moved fabric around. Or in the spring I want to chance my surrounding/ move furniture! 

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1284 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2015, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I have find winners after the expiration date. In my own little personal space. Sewing room/ meditation room...etc...I love to do scratch-off there. Usual after I've moved fabric around. Or in the spring I want to chance my surrounding/ move furniture! 

I've done the same thing w/ scratch tickets and it's always from putting them down and throwing something else on top.   It's never been very much, a few bucks but it's still annoying.   I've done the same thing with groceries, the worst being putting my coat on top of some hamburger meat and not discovering it until a couple days later.

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40609 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2015, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

NOPE

Green laughI Agree!

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United Kingdom
              Member #167822
              August 1, 2015
              9 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2015, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

No, I always play online to avoid the risk

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1284 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2015, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I've learned my lesson and now keep my winners in a "wallet" the Texas Lottery gives retailers to give away.  I use them to pay for or part of the next draws.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                  Member #165244
                  March 30, 2015
                  228 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2015, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Never...never...never...Just can't forget about'em...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: August 7, 2015, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Bought some pick-4 future draws before going to Reno for a week and found out when I got back that I won $5200. Not the same as forgetting I bought the tickets, but I couldn't remember where I put them.

The state lotteries should return the unpaid prizes to the players, but that won't ever happen.

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                      Member #131594
                      August 14, 2012
                      171 Posts
                      Posted: August 7, 2015, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Nope.  For every ticket I buy or am given I take a picture with my phone.  I then have a special little wallet it goes into until after the draw.  So, even if I misplace the physical ticket I have a picture and I routinely check either right after the draw or the next morning.  I have the lottery send the numbers to my email so it is hard to forget to check.

In the last year or so I started having my phone automatically send any new photos to my google + account.  This came in handy when I was playing in another state and they said they had a winning ticket expiring.  Knowing that I am not perfect and could possibly have made an error I was concerned it was my ticket but I was able to easily scroll through and look at my pictures and see that it wasn't my ticket.

noise-gate, I appreciate the time and effort you put in to posting questions.  I have learned from some of the answers, been entertained by some of the answers, and rolled my eyes at some of the answers but always enjoy reading what other people have to say.

Lotto Lucy