Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Join me in Hoping " Big time" that a LP member wins either MM/PB soon..

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 1 year ago by chopperman8238.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2015, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

hey im not even american but i go halves in a ticket, im sure there would be some " upset " players amongst the rabble here If i won,  but id be paying more than my fair share of taxes .

I remember when Ohio Super Lotto(6/49+1) had jackpots of $50M+ that was won a lot by out of state players and to please some local players a cap of $20M was put on the most one ticket could win which destroyed the game because the large jackpots were generated mostly by out of state players.

While this wouldn't be the case of a non American sharing the jackpot, players are always envious of someone not from their state winning the jackpot knowing that 60%+ of their state sales went into it. 

If you buy or share in the cost of the winning ticket then you'll pay federal and state taxes of the state selling the winning ticket like any other winner which is only fair and people from that state will be glad you decided to buy the ticket in their state regardless.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1092 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2015, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Pretty sure with the PB jackpot approaching $100 million, many fellow LP members including myself may soon start participating.

Having an LP member win would be great indeed but only if they actually acknowledged their membership...I know I would.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2015, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Well I am picking out my future Paris apartment now. Should I paint the living room walls a light turquoise or a cream color?

a lovely silvered turquoise would be nice.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2015, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I am willingly volunteering to be the jackpot winner for tonight's PB or Texas Lotto. That way, I can wear my Mello Yello T-shirt, jock and red canvas Converse Hi-tops and run up and down my street  yelling "I won".

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2015, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Pretty sure with the PB jackpot approaching $100 million, many fellow LP members including myself may soon start participating.

Having an LP member win would be great indeed but only if they actually acknowledged their membership...I know I would.

"but only if they actually acknowledged their membership...I know I would."

If they don't then I would assume they aren't and if they are and don't mention it then we will never know. Wink

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4106 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2015, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

hey im not even american but i go halves in a ticket, im sure there would be some " upset " players amongst the rabble here If i won,  but id be paying more than my fair share of taxes .

Sure you are going to get some who will be "Upset".Especially here where there are lots of mean - spirited people. This can be found in any Forum and this post is a clear indication of what l posted.  Without even looking at the larger picture of hoping a fellow LP would/ could win- they were quick to pull the trigger on the topic.To put it bluntly: They stepped into it, they got played.

** Hope you win real soon SG.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
              Member #106134
              February 13, 2011
              806 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2015, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Everyone here is cursed by "can't win"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2015, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Sure you are going to get some who will be "Upset".Especially here where there are lots of mean - spirited people. This can be found in any Forum and this post is a clear indication of what l posted.  Without even looking at the larger picture of hoping a fellow LP would/ could win- they were quick to pull the trigger on the topic.To put it bluntly: They stepped into it, they got played.

** Hope you win real soon SG.

yeah thanks NG,
                GL to you too.  I dont have any   expectations except my chance is slightly better   if i got a share in a ticket. 

the prob with LP members  letting it be known they won , is the fact we all agree that anonymous is the way to go. not too  good a start telling everyone here you just won! think that should get a 1 star vote,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: August 22, 2015, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Everyone here is cursed by "can't win"

By everyone, do you mean yourself included?

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7303 Posts
                    Posted: August 25, 2015, 2:17 am - IP Logged

I'm not a marketing expert, but some of the LP operation funds come from Gold and Premium memberships. Would there be an adverse effect on those memberships if a Standard member won a jackpot after buying a QP?

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7303 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2015, 2:23 am - IP Logged

IF every LP member purchases 110 MM tickets each, at least one should match 5 numbers.

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                        NC
                        United States
                        Member #164399
                        February 28, 2015
                        1926 Posts
                        Posted: August 25, 2015, 3:06 am - IP Logged

I'll take one for the team!

Party

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2015, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

IF every LP member purchases 110 MM tickets each, at least one should match 5 numbers.

I've purchased at least 3X that many since the matrix changed and haven't come close.

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: August 25, 2015, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I've purchased at least 3X that many since the matrix changed and haven't come close.

i think he means all at the same time

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7303 Posts
                              Posted: August 25, 2015, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

i think he means all at the same time

It's shows how difficult just winning the five number match prize really is. It takes 168,313 LP members wagering $110 each on one drawing to have enough tickets to expect one five number match.