Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

basic program

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1736 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2015, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

"Maybe the answer is, "post what you have and we'll see what we can do to help" like a programming site."

Most poster don't mind sharing their ideas but when it comes to sharing what they have, that's different.  Either they have nothing they consider worth sharing or what they have includes information they would rather keep to themselves until they had time to develop it.

LOL....

On programming sites if a person don't/won't post their code, we assume it's somebody trying to get people to do their homework and take the hands off approach.

Now, sharing code is up to the individual. But with as much code online to generate random numbers its not like a program of this nature is super secret.

I don't disagree with you, but at this point we aren't talking about a fully developed program. If it were, he wonldn't have any need to ask for help.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2015, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

LOL....

On programming sites if a person don't/won't post their code, we assume it's somebody trying to get people to do their homework and take the hands off approach.

Now, sharing code is up to the individual. But with as much code online to generate random numbers its not like a program of this nature is super secret.

I don't disagree with you, but at this point we aren't talking about a fully developed program. If it were, he wonldn't have any need to ask for help.

The only member I ever saw post the code for a program was Jadelottery and he wasn't asking for help but demonstrating how to get a particular result.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1736 Posts
      Posted: September 1, 2015, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

The only member I ever saw post the code for a program was Jadelottery and he wasn't asking for help but demonstrating how to get a particular result.

Check page 4 of the "Taking the Mystery Out Of Picking Numbers" thread. I posted code and explained how to use it to get the longest out and current out values. I wasn't asking for help either.

RL has posted code. He wasn't asking for help, but explaining how he achieved certain goals in his programs. From time to time, others have posted code as well.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

Would there be more code if there was a programmers forum? That would depend entirely on who participates. I can see where people who wanted to learn to program for lottery would find it useful.

And think of this this, last time there was talk of an additional forum, Programming/Excel was mentioned. My opinion only, but not doing it is a wise move on Todd's part. I don't know Todd's thinking on it, but in my opinion spammers would litter it to no end trying to sell their wares.

The other group that would use it is the like the OP, "Could somebody write......," "Does somebody have......," "Would somebody please send me....", etc.

You'd have questions, a little code, and an atrocious amount of "Buy my World's Greatest Ever in Lottery History Program."

Again its a personal choice whether to share or not.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: September 1, 2015, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Check page 4 of the "Taking the Mystery Out Of Picking Numbers" thread. I posted code and explained how to use it to get the longest out and current out values. I wasn't asking for help either.

RL has posted code. He wasn't asking for help, but explaining how he achieved certain goals in his programs. From time to time, others have posted code as well.

Would there be more code if there was a programmers forum? That would depend entirely on who participates. I can see where people who wanted to learn to program for lottery would find it useful.

And think of this this, last time there was talk of an additional forum, Programming/Excel was mentioned. My opinion only, but not doing it is a wise move on Todd's part. I don't know Todd's thinking on it, but in my opinion spammers would litter it to no end trying to sell their wares.

The other group that would use it is the like the OP, "Could somebody write......," "Does somebody have......," "Would somebody please send me....", etc.

You'd have questions, a little code, and an atrocious amount of "Buy my World's Greatest Ever in Lottery History Program."

So you have but I was thinking in terms of a complete program rather than lines of code to add to a program.  Others have also posted lines of code for Excel to get certain results .

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2015, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

"And think of this, last time there was talk of an additional forum, Programming/Excel was mentioned. My opinion only, but not doing it is a wise move on Todd's part. I don't know Todd's thinking on it, but in my opinion spammers would litter it to no end trying to sell their wares."

And too with a premium membership, LP members have all the tools they need.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2015, 10:34 am - IP Logged

New here

want to know if there are any basic programmers out there willing to help create a random number generator for pick 3 lottery game

I am a amateur programmer in basic and have developed a program that generates random numbers  I then take those numbers and use excel to further

consolidate those numbers my outcome is good but the odds are still not in my favor

If you are still checking in once in a while you probably noticed RL has done what you were thinking about doing.  You might want to consider downloading his slider program.

Evil Looking