Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another Example - Where It's Best Just To Get QPs

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 1 year ago by zinniagirl.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #161539
December 3, 2014
328 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2015, 5:21 am - IP Logged

For years I have played many lottery games, usually having a favorite set of numbers or several sets of favorite numbers. I also play QPs at various times but neither system has worked for me over the years.

How many times have I got a QP ticket and the numbers were all close together or there were no low numbers, no 20's or no 30's and I was disgusted with the ticket that printed out ... figuring that I just wasted $1 or $2.

Well it happened again last night with PB ... I didn't play but last night's results are another good example of just going with QPs.

Looking at the results ... 44, 45, 47, 50 51 ... if I had bought a PB ticket with those numbers printed on it, I would have been upset with that bunch of lousy numbers ... probably would have bought another ticket hoping for more "normal" numbers.

Really ... who just plays three 40's and two 50's and expects to win anything? A total waste of $2 would be my feeling but not so.

There were four winning tickets with those lousy numbers from last night. Who would pick or play numbers like that?

Wouldn't a normal "human being" pick some low numbers, some 20's, some 30's also ... really "mix it up" ?

Probably they would ... and that's why most of us will never win anything ... we're human ... we can't pick and play terrible numbers like last night's PB results.

Many years ago with the PA Cash 5 game ... the numbers drawn were all 30's one evening. In my head I was thinking ... well, the jackpot will carry over for sure ... nobody will have those numbers.

The next day when I checked, to my amazement ... there were five winning tickets (all 30's) to share the jackpot.

In my mind there was just no way there could be a winning ticket out there with all those 30's on it, but there were five tickets.

I'm sure they had to be QPs ... what "humsn being" would play all 30's for a drawing?

Really ... QP's seem to be the only way to go, in my mind. Maybe one day ... one of those terrible tickets with the worst set of numbers will actually be a winner !!!

Are there people here that would play all 30's for months or years? Are there people here that would play all 60's or 70's with Mega Millions or a mix of 60's and 70's?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2015, 7:16 am - IP Logged

This is the closest to 01-02-03-04-05 PB 06 draw (small separation between highest and lowest number) that I have ever seen. When I saw that combo drawn I concluded that nobody was gonna get 5 of 5.  I'm glad I was wrong. And you're right about such a qp making most people want to get another one. I know I would. Lottery numbers have no rationality

That money's gone fo ever

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5762 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2015, 8:28 am - IP Logged

For years I have played many lottery games, usually having a favorite set of numbers or several sets of favorite numbers. I also play QPs at various times but neither system has worked for me over the years.

How many times have I got a QP ticket and the numbers were all close together or there were no low numbers, no 20's or no 30's and I was disgusted with the ticket that printed out ... figuring that I just wasted $1 or $2.

Well it happened again last night with PB ... I didn't play but last night's results are another good example of just going with QPs.

Looking at the results ... 44, 45, 47, 50 51 ... if I had bought a PB ticket with those numbers printed on it, I would have been upset with that bunch of lousy numbers ... probably would have bought another ticket hoping for more "normal" numbers.

Really ... who just plays three 40's and two 50's and expects to win anything? A total waste of $2 would be my feeling but not so.

There were four winning tickets with those lousy numbers from last night. Who would pick or play numbers like that?

Wouldn't a normal "human being" pick some low numbers, some 20's, some 30's also ... really "mix it up" ?

Probably they would ... and that's why most of us will never win anything ... we're human ... we can't pick and play terrible numbers like last night's PB results.

Many years ago with the PA Cash 5 game ... the numbers drawn were all 30's one evening. In my head I was thinking ... well, the jackpot will carry over for sure ... nobody will have those numbers.

The next day when I checked, to my amazement ... there were five winning tickets (all 30's) to share the jackpot.

In my mind there was just no way there could be a winning ticket out there with all those 30's on it, but there were five tickets.

I'm sure they had to be QPs ... what "humsn being" would play all 30's for a drawing?

Really ... QP's seem to be the only way to go, in my mind. Maybe one day ... one of those terrible tickets with the worst set of numbers will actually be a winner !!!

Are there people here that would play all 30's for months or years? Are there people here that would play all 60's or 70's with Mega Millions or a mix of 60's and 70's?

LOLOLOL.

I went to bed thinking the same thing. One of the second prize winners was in Texas with the powerplay. The Texas winner picked his own numbers! I would have sworn that tic was a QP. And what significance is there with those numbers to that person. I'd like to know if the 3 other winners were QP's or not.

Just goes to show that with millions of combinations you just can't tell what will be drawn.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
        nc
        United States
        Member #99520
        October 26, 2010
        375 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2015, 9:20 am - IP Logged

If I were to play the ages of myself and my siblings they would be 1 40s, 3 50s, and 2 60s. So i see this as family ages....

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1732 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2015, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

This is why I play my own numbers, and I think that all 3 second tier winners were there own numbers, but I'm not sure.  You have to play unique number sets.  One set of my numbers is similar to the set that was drawn.

Maryland
            United States
            Member #162434
            January 2, 2015
            941 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

This is why I play my own numbers, and I think that all 3 second tier winners were there own numbers, but I'm not sure.  You have to play unique number sets.  One set of my numbers is similar to the set that was drawn.

Yes, I agree.  I play my normal numbers as I would HATE to see them come out and I miss it. 

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4088 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2015, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Since any set of numbers can be drawn then a SP will never have worse odds than a QP.  if a system

player can pick up on a few things then it's to their advantage but not for a single game play but over

the course of many games.  Games like last night's power ball might seem strange but every set in the

matrix has the same exact odds.  PA. had a 1-2-3-4-5 game and if I remember correctly there were over

a thousand people holding a winning ticket.  I think they each won a couple hundred bucks. Some people

play just single decades such as 40 to 49, 30 to 39 etc..  When a draw like this falls there is most always

several match 5 winners.  Playing lines like 1-2-3-4-5 are bad choices not because they have a lower chance

of showing but that your going to share the JP with a lot of people.  QP's win far more often than SP's but

the reason for this is simple.  Most tickets sold are QP's but that does not make them better.  If QP's are

better than SP's then why does the JP grow to over twice the buy out for the game.  No system that I know

of would have to generate more than the total lines in the matrix to win.  With the odds being what they are

it's easy to place the blame on system failure and just buy QP's.  IMHO, QP's are not a better way to play.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                4088 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2015, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

True system players love QP players as they are the ones that feed the JP without much risk

of taking home the bacon.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #165541
                  April 12, 2015
                  554 Posts
                  Posted: September 10, 2015, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Why would anybody take advice from a "Crazy"?

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
                    Member #167255
                    July 2, 2015
                    102 Posts
                    Posted: September 10, 2015, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi SilverLion, Smile

I'm sure you probably meant it as a joke but in reality, "crazy" people can sometimes be the most insightful people on the planet!
                    They sometimes seem to be the most "Normal" ones too, during their lucid moments.   Just saying.

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #164399
                      February 28, 2015
                      2018 Posts
                      Posted: September 10, 2015, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

5* for good subject....pondered this many times....

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                        NC
                        United States
                        Member #164399
                        February 28, 2015
                        2018 Posts
                        Posted: September 10, 2015, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Are you really made of silver? Are you a lion?

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
                          Member #167255
                          July 2, 2015
                          102 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2015, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I wish I had only ever played quick picks!  I think I read that 79% of winners won from qp's. I had been playing two sets of numbers and now I only play one. I retired one set April 2014 when all 5 numbers came up. Yep!  I will never forget. It was one of the few times I didn't get around to playing. If I had played, I would have won $2Million!

That is the problem with playing your own set of numbers. You memorize them and would know straight away if they came up. Also, you do feel the pressure to keep playing them in fear that if you don't, they will come up and you will lose out. - Like what happened to me!

I think playing QP's would be so much simplier. You play, check your ticket, claim your small prize or toss losing ticket in the bin. You're done. It wouldn't matter if you forgot to play. I still have a set that I keep playing. It's too late for me but to everyone else: Save yourself! Choose Quick Picks!   HA HA! Now I am just being silly!  Play whatever you want, whatever you think will win!  Good luck everyone!

United States
                            Member #161539
                            December 3, 2014
                            328 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2015, 3:47 am - IP Logged

LOLOLOL.

I went to bed thinking the same thing. One of the second prize winners was in Texas with the powerplay. The Texas winner picked his own numbers! I would have sworn that tic was a QP. And what significance is there with those numbers to that person. I'd like to know if the 3 other winners were QP's or not.

Just goes to show that with millions of combinations you just can't tell what will be drawn.

Well that is amazing that someone would actually play or pick numbers with such a small spread ... as maringoman mentioned earlier.

I can't find that information but being in TX you were able to ... thanks for posting.

Wonder how long they were playing that set of numbers ... months, years? It's crazy... 59 numbers and that small spread.

Someone mentioned about a bunch of winners in PA on a game ... there were two hits where the jackpots were split by many winning tickets ... that I know of ... could have missed one.

The Treasure Hunt on 12/04/2010 when 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 came out with 49 winners ... normally there would be just one or two winners.

12/04/2010
                            Winning Numbers: 01  02  03  04  05

49 players matched 5, each receiving $1,266.00
                            117 players matched 4, each receiving $100.00
                            1,827 players matched 3, each receiving $6.00
                            13,940 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

Just for a mention, the TH numbers for yesterday were almost 5 in a row ...

09/10/2015
                            Winning Numbers: 01  08  09  10  11

0 players matched 5, jackpot rolls to $25,000.00
                            70 players matched 4, each receiving $100.00
                            1,449 players matched 3, each receiving $6.00
                            9,698 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

Now Cash 5 had many winners when 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 came out on 02/06/2004.

First ... what might have been for the winners on Feb 6th ... just the day before on Feb 5th the Cash 5 jackpot was over $440,000 ... but it got hit with one winning ticket ... so the new jackpot on Feb 6th was back to $100,000 ... Cash 5 back then was still 39 numbers with a starting jackpot of $100,000.

02/05/2004
                            Winning Numbers: 04  09  23  26  31

1 players matched 5, each receiving $446,373.50
                            322 players matched 4, each receiving $264.50
                            9798 players matched 3, each receiving $9.50
                            103411 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

The next night (Feb 6th) the "5 to 25" numbers bounce out and here are the results:

02/06/2004
                            Winning Numbers: 05  10  15  20  25

242 players matched 5, each receiving $439.00
                            402 players matched 4, each receiving $110.50
                            6269 players matched 3, each receiving $7.50
                            56593 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

The luck of the draw ... had that one ticket not won the $446,000 the night before ... the many winners on Feb 6th would have split more money.

It's all crazy !!!

CW

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                              NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3818 Posts
                              Posted: September 11, 2015, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Well that is amazing that someone would actually play or pick numbers with such a small spread ... as maringoman mentioned earlier.

I can't find that information but being in TX you were able to ... thanks for posting.

Wonder how long they were playing that set of numbers ... months, years? It's crazy... 59 numbers and that small spread.

Someone mentioned about a bunch of winners in PA on a game ... there were two hits where the jackpots were split by many winning tickets ... that I know of ... could have missed one.

The Treasure Hunt on 12/04/2010 when 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 came out with 49 winners ... normally there would be just one or two winners.

12/04/2010
                              Winning Numbers: 01  02  03  04  05

49 players matched 5, each receiving $1,266.00
                              117 players matched 4, each receiving $100.00
                              1,827 players matched 3, each receiving $6.00
                              13,940 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

Just for a mention, the TH numbers for yesterday were almost 5 in a row ...

09/10/2015
                              Winning Numbers: 01  08  09  10  11

0 players matched 5, jackpot rolls to $25,000.00
                              70 players matched 4, each receiving $100.00
                              1,449 players matched 3, each receiving $6.00
                              9,698 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

Now Cash 5 had many winners when 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 came out on 02/06/2004.

First ... what might have been for the winners on Feb 6th ... just the day before on Feb 5th the Cash 5 jackpot was over $440,000 ... but it got hit with one winning ticket ... so the new jackpot on Feb 6th was back to $100,000 ... Cash 5 back then was still 39 numbers with a starting jackpot of $100,000.

02/05/2004
                              Winning Numbers: 04  09  23  26  31

1 players matched 5, each receiving $446,373.50
                              322 players matched 4, each receiving $264.50
                              9798 players matched 3, each receiving $9.50
                              103411 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

The next night (Feb 6th) the "5 to 25" numbers bounce out and here are the results:

02/06/2004
                              Winning Numbers: 05  10  15  20  25

242 players matched 5, each receiving $439.00
                              402 players matched 4, each receiving $110.50
                              6269 players matched 3, each receiving $7.50
                              56593 players matched 2, each receiving $1.00

The luck of the draw ... had that one ticket not won the $446,000 the night before ... the many winners on Feb 6th would have split more money.

It's all crazy !!!

CW

In the entire history of NY's Take5 (6,700+ drawings) five numbers drawn from the same number group has happened just five times. 

It last happened on Christmas Day 2014 when 31 32 33 37 & 39 were drawn.

IMHO deliberately playing a set of numbers such as that is a waste of a dollar.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!