Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball change?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DetroitLionBoy's avatar - Detroit01

United States
Member #159085
September 12, 2014
111 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2015, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

isnt there suppose to be some sort of announcement about the powerball matrix change? matrix is coming later next month and i see no announcement of any sort on the NY official lotto website.

Cash 4 life 3/5 numbers= $25 (9/1/14)
TAKE 5 4/5 numbers= $775.00 (2/21/15)

im bound to win the jackpot!!  Cool

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2015, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Many players vacated the game once the ticket price doubled so maybe they (MUSL members) are nervous to lose more players. Personally I play a line every draw and cannot remember the last time I won anything here.

That money's gone fo ever

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2015, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Jersey site mentions some of the hi lites (low lites?) of the change,

and a short message primarily about how the advanced play availability is cut back as the change day gets closer.

Maringoman, I agree, they have reason to be nervous.

I have a ticket for next draw but it's likely my last.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2015, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

yeah only clue  i have on any change coming  on my local   lotto is when the advanced purchase was suddenly  cut, i used to enter 10 weeks in advance, now i  do it via subscription and get to keep the money in a bbank account until  the week of play. but yeah they like to keep mum

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2015, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Go to lotto metro's third post in the link below for the new matrix:

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/283852/4132234

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3055 Posts
            Posted: September 11, 2015, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Oregon's website mentions it because of the draw down of multi-draw tickets before the change on october the fourth.  But they do not mention anything about the new rules or matrix changes.-weshar75

US Flag

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1129 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2015, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Publicity is lottery by lottery basis, a quick Google search will bring up a multitude of news articles publicizing the change.

You can read an article for NY here: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/07/odds-are-you-wont-like-this-powerball-story.html

Page 7 of the Gaming Commission meeting transcript where they propose the rule: http://www.yorkmedia.com/nysgc/transcripts/2015/07/06/New_York_State_Gaming_Comission_07-06-2015.pdf

The actual rule proposal: http://www.gaming.ny.gov/pdf/Proposed%20rulemaking%20for%20Powerball%20Amendments%20and%20Amendments%20to%20Other%20Draw%20Game%20Regulations.pdf

I would expect the lottery itself to start publicizing the change roughly 1-2 weeks before launch.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10354 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2015, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Thanks again, LottoMetro.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2015, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

haymaker I have wanted to completely cut off PB but lack the necessary willpower. I was briefly successful when I played Mass Cash for 3 months then I fell back. GL Thumbs Up

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2015, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

haymaker I have wanted to completely cut off PB but lack the necessary willpower. I was briefly successful when I played Mass Cash for 3 months then I fell back. GL Thumbs Up

Maybe this next matrix change will become the needed willpower.

I used to play every draw then became an occasional player w/ the change to $2+MP

and would buy a ticket in Jersey when the JP was big enough.

However when I went to Delaware I would buy advance draw regardless of JP size, and might make that trip this week.

After the change that's it, not even the occasional ticket in Jersey...exception... the 1B JP they're hoping to build, if that ever happens.

I guess that's why it's called JP fever.

Thumbs UpGL to you also.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I'd keep playing it if the multiplier was applied to the 5 + 0 prize too.  I doubt I'll play when the change happens.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2015, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Maybe this next matrix change will become the needed willpower.

I used to play every draw then became an occasional player w/ the change to $2+MP

and would buy a ticket in Jersey when the JP was big enough.

However when I went to Delaware I would buy advance draw regardless of JP size, and might make that trip this week.

After the change that's it, not even the occasional ticket in Jersey...exception... the 1B JP they're hoping to build, if that ever happens.

I guess that's why it's called JP fever.

Thumbs UpGL to you also.

I went to Delaware and I'm now in possession of my last 6 draws of PB.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                          Upacreek
                          United States
                          Member #136306
                          December 8, 2012
                          428 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2015, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I read online that a 10X power play multiplier will be added for jackpots less than 150 million?

Anybody confirm that?

-RC

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10354 Posts
                            Posted: September 24, 2015, 10:45 am - IP Logged

This is part of an e-mail from the Illinois lottery:

Changes are coming to POWERBALL!

Changes are coming to Powerball! If you subscribe to this jackpot game, you may have noticed changes in your subscription options. Your play options were adjusted to accommodate changes that will go into effect on October 4th, 2015 These changes will address the desire for bigger jackpots and also bring some very positive updates to the Power Play add-on feature!

Bigger Jackpots
                            Players choose 5/69 numbers and 1/26 numbers for the Powerball instead of 5/59 and 1/35. Expect larger jackpots!   
                            Better Match 4+1 Prize

Better Match 4+1 Prize
                            Players who match 4+1 now win 5X more! Prize increased from $10,000 to $50,000!   
                            More Winners

More Winners
                            The overall odds improve to 1 in 24.9, resulting in more winners!   
                            Power Play Now MULTIPLIES up to 10X!

A new 10X multiplier is now available on initially advertised jackpots up to and including $150 million.   
                            Still Just $2 for Powerball and $1 to add Power Play

The same great price and with the same draw times! 
                            /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Note it states the changes take effect Oct 4th which is a Sunday, so the first draw with the changes will be Wednesday, Oct 7th, not Saturday the 3rd. I think that's what Lotto Metro originally posted but some here seem to think it will be the draw on the 3rd.

Lep

United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: September 24, 2015, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

This is part of an e-mail from the Illinois lottery:

Changes are coming to POWERBALL!

Changes are coming to Powerball! If you subscribe to this jackpot game, you may have noticed changes in your subscription options. Your play options were adjusted to accommodate changes that will go into effect on October 4th, 2015 These changes will address the desire for bigger jackpots and also bring some very positive updates to the Power Play add-on feature!

Bigger Jackpots
                              Players choose 5/69 numbers and 1/26 numbers for the Powerball instead of 5/59 and 1/35. Expect larger jackpots!   
                              Better Match 4+1 Prize

Better Match 4+1 Prize
                              Players who match 4+1 now win 5X more! Prize increased from $10,000 to $50,000!   
                              More Winners

More Winners
                              The overall odds improve to 1 in 24.9, resulting in more winners!   

A new 10X multiplier is now available on initially advertised jackpots up to and including $150 million.   

The same great price and with the same draw times! 
                              /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Note it states the changes take effect Oct 4th which is a Sunday, so the first draw with the changes will be Wednesday, Oct 7th, not Saturday the 3rd. I think that's what Lotto Metro originally posted but some here seem to think it will be the draw on the 3rd.

Coin Toss,

Yes, Lottometro is correct a usual. I have advance draws I bought in Delaware,

the last one is for oct. 3rd

Also that is my LAST PB ticket unless they ever reach that magical 1B JP

then I'll buy 1...maybe...