Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball change?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
grwurston's avatar - 144
Let's Go Rangers!!!
bel air maryland
United States
Member #90251
April 24, 2010
5118 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2015, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Jackpot odds are 292,201,338 to 1. There are 321,817,220 and counting people in the USA.  They say there will be increased jackpots. With these odds they'll be lucky if anyone even buys a ticket.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2015, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I'm getting this game out of my system before The Change.

So today I decided to buy an extra 3 lines.  There just happened to be 3 single line tickets sitting there in the machine that a previous customer left.  It's been a while since I've heard of someone winning with a ticket someone else refused, but it used to happen in this area more than once a year.  So I went ahead and bought those 3 tickets.

I mean, I wanted 3 tickets and there just happened to be exactly 3 tickets there?  Coincidence? 

I DON'T THINK SO!  Jester

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1131 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

This is part of an e-mail from the Illinois lottery:

Changes are coming to POWERBALL!

Changes are coming to Powerball! If you subscribe to this jackpot game, you may have noticed changes in your subscription options. Your play options were adjusted to accommodate changes that will go into effect on October 4th, 2015 These changes will address the desire for bigger jackpots and also bring some very positive updates to the Power Play add-on feature!

Bigger Jackpots
      Players choose 5/69 numbers and 1/26 numbers for the Powerball instead of 5/59 and 1/35. Expect larger jackpots!   
      Better Match 4+1 Prize

Better Match 4+1 Prize
      Players who match 4+1 now win 5X more! Prize increased from $10,000 to $50,000!   
      More Winners

More Winners
      The overall odds improve to 1 in 24.9, resulting in more winners!   
      Power Play Now MULTIPLIES up to 10X!

Power Play Now MULTIPLIES up to 10X!
      A new 10X multiplier is now available on initially advertised jackpots up to and including $150 million.   
      Still Just $2 for Powerball and $1 to add Power Play

Still Just $2 for Powerball and $1 to add Power Play
      The same great price and with the same draw times! 
      /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Note it states the changes take effect Oct 4th which is a Sunday, so the first draw with the changes will be Wednesday, Oct 7th, not Saturday the 3rd. I think that's what Lotto Metro originally posted but some here seem to think it will be the draw on the 3rd.

I haven't looked back farther than the past 4 years but Powerball and Mega Millions matrix changes tend to take effect (sales) on a Sunday with the first drawing of the new matrix being the following drawing. Powerball 2012 changed Jan. 15 (Sun), first draw Jan. 18 (Wed), Mega Millions 2013 changed Oct. 19 (Sun), first drawn Oct. 22 (Tuesday). I'm inclined to believe it has something to do with seasonality and how the lotteries like to track sales.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
        Member #167255
        July 2, 2015
        102 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2015, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the update LottoMetro! Smile   

I thought (wishful thinking on my part), that because there still  isn't any mention of any PB changes on my state's website, that it meant  the powers that be came to realise that the changes they are proposing will be the death of PB.

I think that the committee who approved of these changes are overpaid and under-educated or, overpaid and insulting the intelligence of the general public.

At any rate, as  I have already predicted, "America's favorite lottery game" is coming to an end. I guess it is rather obvious that I won't be playing PB anymore. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

R.I.P. POWER BALL! 

florida
          United States
          Member #28393
          December 15, 2005
          1491 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2015, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

They did announce the Powerball change and gave a date October, (on LOCAL TV I believe)  > The current jackpot continues rising and if they go into October, no mention  if the game will be changed in mid-jackpot or wait until big jackpot is paid.

HOW THEY (LC) CONTINUE TO NOT SERVE THE PUBLIC : Promise a lot, give very little

In any case, powerball going to 1 in 300 million odds same as Mega Mill$.....and is yet another way the States and LC Commission scam US right in front of our faces. 

LET US COUNT THE 300 MILLION WAYS they Pilfer the money ($2 tickets, taxes, terrible payouts, much less than claimed given to Education (they take out taxes from the winners and then claim the education benefit is the entire amount of the payouts) with no apparent change or real benefit shown to the education system in the last 20 years....plus mistakes in the drawing televised or errors in the draw itself, false marketing claims, HUGE salaries and RUN costs, and the monopoly on lottery itself being the biggest reason....(States do not allow any form of lottery by any citizen, yet the states defend it as not gambling, which it clearly is)....If its not gambling, then why can anyone private or business also run a competitive lottery?  Now they even withhold winnings for State Budget reasons. Incredible. 

On our Positive and real Side,  AS THE BEST STAR MAN IN THE US, the Solar Galactician here gives the LOTTERY WINNERS in my florida2015 forum FOR POWERBALL AND MEGA as I did in the last drawing here in Lottery Post, and will continue to do so.....So why haven't I won the JPot? Because of long odds mostly, and that I cannot seem to get many players to trust me to play enough tickets, as most are random players or will be following another of the so-called systems all of which are really random or barely useful and less accurate, if any good at all, instead of to follow a Sound Choice Method which works. (Yes I have won, of course)

So here is the Wake Up CALL to all you lottery PB Players.  see my blog or Florida 2015 forum on the Win Numbur Choices.

Send me a message if you play on with PAN.....LET US KNOW WHEN YOU WIN!

florida
            United States
            Member #28393
            December 15, 2005
            1491 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2015, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I posted winners in my list wednesday 25  8 or 7    21 or 22   15/14    7/6    29 was my PRIORITY LADDER WHICH HAVE 21 and 25 and 29 as 55 59 21. 

Ladder 25 as 55 and 29 /  priority 8 as 9 21/22 25 29  48 as 18 so my average out had 3 good and could say 5 listed close. The 17 was not in the list, which I see came from the 16/46 I played, but time change may have revealed the actual correctly. 

I still think its crazy they give 300 million to one person. It is a huge amount of money to give to a crippled sad drug addict terrorist or homeless person which could happen just as easily as giving to one family member. It really doesn't make sense. Probably best if the winner started there own bank which began to get everyone out of debt to the bankers and lawyers, which is as it stands now the scenario of government politics and business control. 

No one else posted any winner numburs on our post forum. ..I see how everyone misses the Real Altruism I represent. Its the same thing in the world, monopoly money, one winner takes all, and the winner is the bank/ government, and surely not the people. Everyone sees it, no one is paying attention to how to defeat it or leave it or move on from it...except a select few...of which I am one....And so we are heading for the star rock cataclysm....metaphorically speaking... this is the new film I have on you  tube STARROCK ONE. It is fun and interesting. The first Reality Fiction of its kind. Enjoy. Real Life is FUN. It's Real and Cuul.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5760 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

I posted winners in my list wednesday 25  8 or 7    21 or 22   15/14    7/6    29 was my PRIORITY LADDER WHICH HAVE 21 and 25 and 29 as 55 59 21. 

Ladder 25 as 55 and 29 /  priority 8 as 9 21/22 25 29  48 as 18 so my average out had 3 good and could say 5 listed close. The 17 was not in the list, which I see came from the 16/46 I played, but time change may have revealed the actual correctly. 

I still think its crazy they give 300 million to one person. It is a huge amount of money to give to a crippled sad drug addict terrorist or homeless person which could happen just as easily as giving to one family member. It really doesn't make sense. Probably best if the winner started there own bank which began to get everyone out of debt to the bankers and lawyers, which is as it stands now the scenario of government politics and business control. 

No one else posted any winner numburs on our post forum. ..I see how everyone misses the Real Altruism I represent. Its the same thing in the world, monopoly money, one winner takes all, and the winner is the bank/ government, and surely not the people. Everyone sees it, no one is paying attention to how to defeat it or leave it or move on from it...except a select few...of which I am one....And so we are heading for the star rock cataclysm....metaphorically speaking... this is the new film I have on you  tube STARROCK ONE. It is fun and interesting. The first Reality Fiction of its kind. Enjoy. Real Life is FUN. It's Real and Cuul.

Well it is the reason they are changing the matrix. People don't get too excited about jackpots until they reach 300+ million. As far as spreading the wealth with smaller jackpots, well there are state lottos. And we all saw what happened with Monopoly Millionaire.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                Elgin, IL
                United States
                Member #68867
                January 1, 2009
                1224 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2015, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Here is a copy of the Illinois Power Ball upcoming fill-in play slip.  However; I more than likely will buy my tickets in Wisconsin as they pay their winners over 25k in real money & not I.O.U.'s as Illinois is currently doing.  Tickets go on sale 10/04/15.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5143 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2015, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Here is a copy of the Illinois Power Ball upcoming fill-in play slip.  However; I more than likely will buy my tickets in Wisconsin as they pay their winners over 25k in real money & not I.O.U.'s as Illinois is currently doing.  Tickets go on sale 10/04/15.

B2030:

it look's like sumpum a Psyko

"WOULD DESIGN" & governmt. 

make you fill it out & send in!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                    Member #106923
                    February 27, 2011
                    479 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2015, 12:18 am - IP Logged

The next thing from the Illinois lottery will be letters to "winners" who were not paid:

We are sorry to inform you but since your ticket was not paid within the 180 day time frame allowed by the Illinois Lottery commission it is now null and void.  We encourage you to keep playing and remember, "Anything's Possible". 

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #121961
                      January 21, 2012
                      3159 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2015, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Everyone that agreed to this should be fired. People don't play for the small prizes.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23352 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2015, 11:19 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.