Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The David Lee Edwards Auction

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 1 year ago by hearsetrax.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
homestead
United States
Member #158182
August 14, 2014
132 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2015, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I just came across this Palm Beach Post video link relating to David Lee Edwards Auction. 

The David Lee Auction

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2015, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I just came across this Palm Beach Post video link relating to David Lee Edwards Auction. 

The David Lee Auction

Who is David Lee Edwards ???

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10350 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2015, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Who is David Lee Edwards ???

Just do a search here on LP.

Here's one hit:

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/269240

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2015, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Too bad. The guy had great taste but I've seen addiction screw up a lot of people.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2015, 5:17 am - IP Logged

Too bad. The guy had great taste but I've seen addiction screw up a lot of people.

No Pity!money without purpose in life  .... what a waste

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5120 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2015, 11:25 am - IP Logged

No Pity!money without purpose in life  .... what a waste

HTX:

and just think .... He had such puur taste   No Pity!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1275 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2015, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I watched the episode of TLCML w/ him showing off the replica swords and suits of armor and thought "How tacky."  Early in my membership here I remember commenting that he had bought things that probably depreciated 50% by the time he got home with them and that he should have invested in real antique swords and such instead of those replicas.  Of course, that was only my opinion and since it wasn't MY money, he could buy what he liked.    I did see a couple of things in the video that I thought I might like to have if I had more money than I knew what-else to do with, but nothing really impressed me. 

I guess defining "great taste" is a matter of taste. Wink

Not that I have great taste;  mine just doesn't match what Edwards liked.  In fact,  my taste in home decor runs more to things like this:

photo leg-lamp2_zpsgzf5odoo.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5120 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2015, 11:49 am - IP Logged

MIT:

Psyko like it, like it............don't break it......"please" don't......just "admire" it  ROFL

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2657 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2015, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I watched the episode of TLCML w/ him showing off the replica swords and suits of armor and thought "How tacky."  Early in my membership here I remember commenting that he had bought things that probably depreciated 50% by the time he got home with them and that he should have invested in real antique swords and such instead of those replicas.  Of course, that was only my opinion and since it wasn't MY money, he could buy what he liked.    I did see a couple of things in the video that I thought I might like to have if I had more money than I knew what-else to do with, but nothing really impressed me. 

Not that I have great taste;  mine just doesn't match what Edwards liked.  In fact,  my taste in home decor runs more to things like this:

LOL oh geeeze and I thought I was bad

I still want this kitchen a friend of mine did for a client of thars a good while back

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5120 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2015, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I still want this kitchen a friend of mine did for a client of thars a good while back

HTX:

You are.........."BAD" Surrender 

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2657 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2015, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

HTX:

You are.........."BAD" Surrender 

LOL whats not to like about it ?!?

of course the door and drawer pulls would be a bit different & etc etc etc

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                        Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1275 Posts
                        Posted: September 18, 2015, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Wow.  Interesting, but I think I'd rather have an out-of-fashion all-stainless steel kitchen.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your taste, but I'm probably a little closer to needing a coffin than you and wouldn't want to be reminded every day. (even though I want to be cremated)

But, if you win, I say go for it!  Do that, and then put this in your garage: 1963 Buick LeSabre Hearse. That's a great website and I visit it several times a week, usually right before the lottery drawings.  It's fun to give myself a hypothetical budget of a million bucks and picking out the cars/trucks I'd buy.

United States
                          Member #52345
                          May 21, 2007
                          2657 Posts
                          Posted: September 18, 2015, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Wow.  Interesting, but I think I'd rather have an out-of-fashion all-stainless steel kitchen.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your taste, but I'm probably a little closer to needing a coffin than you and wouldn't want to be reminded every day. (even though I want to be cremated)

But, if you win, I say go for it!  Do that, and then put this in your garage: 1963 Buick LeSabre Hearse. That's a great website and I visit it several times a week, usually right before the lottery drawings.  It's fun to give myself a hypothetical budget of a million bucks and picking out the cars/trucks I'd buy.

Green laughnice bone wagon jejeje

actually if I read that price right ...  its a fair asking price to almost cheap

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                            Member #106923
                            February 27, 2011
                            476 Posts
                            Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

My uncle actually had one of those lamps when I was a kid.  I remember running my hands up the fishnet stockings.  This was many years before I ever saw the Christmas Story!!  It truly was pure electric sex!  At least to a then preteen boy.  Though we visited often I only saw it that one time.  What a disappointment! 

Big Smile

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4106 Posts
                              Posted: September 23, 2015, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

My uncle actually had one of those lamps when I was a kid.  I remember running my hands up the fishnet stockings.  This was many years before I ever saw the Christmas Story!!  It truly was pure electric sex!  At least to a then preteen boy.  Though we visited often I only saw it that one time.  What a disappointment! 

Big Smile

Running your hand up the fishnet stockings huh? l recall seeing that leg-lamp in the movie " Christmas Story". Was a riot when the Dad tried to super glue that sucker together after he blamed the wife for attempting to destroy it ...LOL

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.