Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Text editor upgraded - clear your browser cache

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2015, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Today I installed an upgrade to the text editor, which improves the user interface, fixes a number of bugs, and improves operability with mobile devices.

If you find that the context menu in the editor is not working (if you right-click on something in the editor and you don't see a popup menu), then a piece of the old text editor code is "stuck" in your browser.  Simply clear your browser cache, refresh the page, and it should work fine.

NOTE:  You should NOT clear your cookies -- only clear the cache.  If you clear cookies, then you will be logged off.

Another fix that went into place today was support for the new Apple News app on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).  Lottery Post news is now included in the Apple News app, so if you use that new app (included in iOS 9.0), Lottery Post news stories will show up when searching for lottery news.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2657 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2015, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up Thanks , Todd

Baltimore
      United States
      Member #80332
      September 24, 2009
      44015 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Ha, this is like a birthday present for me. I asked about this a while ago. Thanks coach Todd !!! Green laugh

United States
        Member #158931
        September 7, 2014
        3725 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Hey, that's cool. I did have to clear my browser cache to make it work. I tested it first just as you suggested by right-clicking on a word in the editor. Then I cleared the cache and tested it again. Viola! Hello popup menu. I'm running the Chrome browser under WinPro7. 

Thanks for the heads-up!

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
          Ontario
          Canada
          Member #109243
          April 9, 2011
          31437 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2015, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Today I installed an upgrade to the text editor, which improves the user interface, fixes a number of bugs, and improves operability with mobile devices.

If you find that the context menu in the editor is not working (if you right-click on something in the editor and you don't see a popup menu), then a piece of the old text editor code is "stuck" in your browser.  Simply clear your browser cache, refresh the page, and it should work fine.

NOTE:  You should NOT clear your cookies -- only clear the cache.  If you clear cookies, then you will be logged off.

Another fix that went into place today was support for the new Apple News app on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).  Lottery Post news is now included in the Apple News app, so if you use that new app (included in iOS 9.0), Lottery Post news stories will show up when searching for lottery news.

Tried The Firefox Suggestion But Couldn't Find Anything

Googled And Found This

Clear the cache in Firefox

1. Click the menu button New Fx Menu and choose Tools/Options.

2. Select the Advanced panel.
          3. Click on the Network tab.
          4. In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now. clear cache incontent
          5. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.

Mattmccl's avatar - Lottery-054.jpg
            Augusta, Ga
            United States
            Member #161769
            December 10, 2014
            2144 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2015, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Thnx Todd great news. 

Now is their anyway we can simplify posting pics?

Even a broke clock is right twice a day!

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Lavender Rocket

United States
              Member #124616
              March 16, 2012
              2642 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2015, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for this and all you do for us!

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23259 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2015, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Thnx Todd great news. 

Now is their anyway we can simplify posting pics?

Premium members get to upload images directly to the Lottery Post server and they get a cool Image Manager to organize their image storage space.

But free members?  It is rather simple to include an image in your post, but I'm not paying for the storage space for your images.  So any image you're hosting someplace (there are lots of free image services out there) can be easily included in a post, but you have to host it yourself.

So if you help support this site financially, I will pay for your image storage, and provide access to a great point-and-click Image Manager to organize your images.  And the Image Manager is accessible from the editor toolbar, providing a simple way to include an image you uploaded into your post with one click.

Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
                  Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                  Member #38062
                  April 23, 2006
                  12574 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2015, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Thank u Todd for all you do for us. I would not be where I am if it wasn't for you. I upgraded my pc to windows 10 & it is so  awesome. I also updated my browser Fire Fox & Chrome to it's latest. It is so easy to keep my pc updated & clean. Don't need to install any software to clean anything. Only need to install top rated antivirus software.  It's a great habit to clean your browsers history at the end of the day before you put it to sleep. Always keep your updates on automatic & reboot your pc when needed.

You are the man! Thank u so much!

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23259 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2015, 7:05 am - IP Logged

Thank u Todd for all you do for us. I would not be where I am if it wasn't for you. I upgraded my pc to windows 10 & it is so  awesome. I also updated my browser Fire Fox & Chrome to it's latest. It is so easy to keep my pc updated & clean. Don't need to install any software to clean anything. Only need to install top rated antivirus software.  It's a great habit to clean your browsers history at the end of the day before you put it to sleep. Always keep your updates on automatic & reboot your pc when needed.

You are the man! Thank u so much!

Wonderful to hear!!  You have some really good advice there!  Wink Thumbs Up