Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just won $1,230,946.00

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 months ago by eddessaknight.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2015, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Wowser,WTG haymakerSmash

Congrats On Your Big Win Dance

I Suppose you Don't Even Remembering Entering Did You?

I Used To Get All Kinds Of These In My Spam-Mail

At First You Think?????

Then It Sinks In SmileySmiley

Yea, still wondering how my name got on a suckers list.

What's that emoticon ? looks like a meat grinder.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2015, 11:52 am - IP Logged

ROFL Keep sending them letters asking for your money.

Maybe if I didn't have to pay postage.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2015, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld intro script where he talks about some good news he got in the mail:

"JERRY: I have to tell you that I did some very exciting news recently, and I don't know if I should really tell you exactly what it is because it's really not a definite thing yet. Well, I will tell you what I know so far.

According to the information that I have in the envelope that I've received, it seems that I may have already won some very valuable prizes. Well, thank you, thank you very much, well thank you. It's very nice to hear that. But, in all honesty, I have to say, I didn't even know I was in this thing. But, according to the readout, it looks like I am among the top people that they are considering.

You know, that's what annoys me about the sweepstakes companies, they always tease you with that, "You may have already won." I'd like once for a sweepstakes company to have some guts, come out with the truth, just tell people the truth one time. Send out envelopes, "You have definitely lost!" You turn it over, giant printing, "Not even close!" You open it up, there's this whole letter of explanation, "Even we cannot believe how badly you've done in this contest." "

Seinfield...one of the Greats...truth in humor.

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2015, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I'm always worried if I do that, then I'll be guilty of fraud, perhaps even some interstate crime. (some guys back in school got in big-time trouble for signing a teacher up for hundreds of magazine subscriptions - this was pre-Internet as we know it today, but it still freaked me out. )  What I do instead is save up the addresses and post a few under some posts in my own blog.  I make the text white so they're invisible against the white background where it looks like this:  > spammer@someaddy.com <.  Using bots specifically designed to harvest email addys, other spammer scammers will soon have them in their databases and the spammer scammers will spam the spammer scammers.

Mikeintexas,

sounds like a good idea, but I'm to lazy/busy.

I like Delotteryplayer's idea too.

United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2015, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I was really hoping you won 1.2 mil!  Conehead  Dang it!

Thanks for saying so...didn't mean to mislead, just thought all could use a laugh !

United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2015, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Since they gave you a address to use - sign them up for EVERY piece of junk mail you can find. Hippy

I keep all my losing tix til the end of the year for tax and counting,

if I don't need em I'll stuff em in their return envelope and send em just for fun.

Also thought of cutting the edge of the envelope so it looks like it got damaged in mailing,

they get an empty return and wonder if they had a sucker and the check got "lost in the mail"

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
              Pittsburg, Ks
              United States
              Member #3382
              January 17, 2004
              80941 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2015, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I received this in my e-mail today

My wife and I have awarded you with a donation of 1 million Dollars from
              part of our Jackpot Lottery of 50 Million Dollars, respond with your 
              details for claims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/22/50-million-edmonton-lotto_n_5610890.html

We await your earliest response and God Bless you.

Best of luck.

Bill And Andrea Groner

God Bless America

US Flag

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2015, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I received this in my e-mail today

My wife and I have awarded you with a donation of 1 million Dollars from
                part of our Jackpot Lottery of 50 Million Dollars, respond with your 
                details for claims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/22/50-million-edmonton-lotto_n_5610890.html

We await your earliest response and God Bless you.

Best of luck.

Bill And Andrea Groner

Maybe the same people wrote to me. I just got an email the other day with a subject that says "YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED!!!!", and claiming that "The Rightfull Owner Of this Email has been Awarded the Sum of $1,500,000.00 By The RayMond Buxton Foundation."

It goes on to claim that RayMond Buxton won PB and decided to share $3 million "Among Two LUCKY  winner for Charity." It even has a link to NPR as proof. As with yours, the link is just to a story that confirms that RayMond Buxton won PB, but (big surprise) says nothing about deciding to give $3 million to a couple of random strangers as "charity".

Naturally I initially figured it must be true. After all, if I won PB I'd just give a few million to strangers, and however I picked those strangers I'd notify them by email, using an email address that's not connect to those strangers in any obvious way.

It's too bad I haven't kept track of how much money people want to give me. It might not make me a billionaire, but I'm pretty sure it makes me part of the 1%.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                  Elgin, IL
                  United States
                  Member #68867
                  January 1, 2009
                  1221 Posts
                  Posted: October 5, 2015, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Grwurston called it

Judging Office & decisions center

po box 2905

Kansas City KS. 66110-2905

Maybe Nigeria is outsourcing to the Midwest. LOL

Send a copy of everything you got to the USPS - Attn: Postmaster General,  Kansas City, KS 66110

I am sure he/she would love to hear from you....................................

I am sure they will get the Feds involved...........................................

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: October 20, 2015, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Send a copy of everything you got to the USPS - Attn: Postmaster General,  Kansas City, KS 66110

I am sure he/she would love to hear from you....................................

I am sure they will get the Feds involved...........................................

Ok

Thanks, I did that, only I sent the originals.

hearsetrax, emilyg, Sully16, that scarychick, thanks for the stars.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2659 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2015, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Ok

Green laugh thanks for the laugh

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: November 6, 2015, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Ok

update.

Have not heard back from the postmaster yet.

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2015, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

update.

Have not heard back from the postmaster yet.

Still no word from the postmaster. Disapprove

But wait now I'm being offered $15.000 and only have to enclose a $9 entry fee

reduced from $12, wow save $3..thanks for doing the math..oh and

I have to answer a qualifying question, so yea this must be legit.  ROFL

? one bundle contains 450 $20 bills

What would be the value of 30 bundles, check one box only

box 1...$270,000     box 2...$405,000

easy enough, but they try to make it sound hard with all them zeros.Scared

I wonder why the do the math for the entry fee...wouldn't want you to get that wrong, aye ?  Hit With Stick

Yea, this is from Kansas City also, different name though.

This one is from Intl. award pay,mt ctr.

So I looked it up...and yup same people

Looks like if they don't get a response for the big rip-off they try to lure you in w/ something smaller.Dupe Alert

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3856 Posts
                            Posted: December 31, 2015, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Now I'm getting carpet-bombed w/this stuff.   Boxing  Conehead  Hat Razz  Jester Troll   Dupe Alert

All different names but looks like it's coming from the same place.             

Shipment status advisory, notice of public access report,

Document Holder from Audit Bureau.                                                             

Must cost money to print and mail this stuff, where are they getting it ? 

I still haven't heard from the postmaster.  Bed

United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2016, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I keep all my losing tix til the end of the year for tax and counting,

if I don't need em I'll stuff em in their return envelope and send em just for fun.

Also thought of cutting the edge of the envelope so it looks like it got damaged in mailing,

they get an empty return and wonder if they had a sucker and the check got "lost in the mail"

I didn't need my losers so I mailed them to these people

in 3 of their return envelopes, on 3 different days

I still have some left if they send me more envelopes.

Tix from 4 states, Jersey DE. VA.. FL.

They won't know what to think, some are torn so it comes out of the envelope messy.

Also sent 1 envelope w/ the edge ripped so it looks like a check may have gotten lost in the mail.

lejardin, Lottojim and Ladyc743

Thanks for the Star Star Star Star Star