Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mama's Guide to the Lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 1 year ago by river26.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1713 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2015, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Or Chicken Soup for the Loser.  Somebody should write it.

The first chapter...

How to deal with hurt feelings when you realize the lottery is not a game of sympathy, not a game of deserving, or earning. You win because you have the right numbers. Its not like standing in line at the checkout. Deal with it.

Chapter two...

God has to schedule determining who wins around the world every day, night, midday, and evening between sporting events and checking in at Vegas. Give Him a break when He overlooks the game you were playing.

Chapter three...

Everybody has an equal chance until the first number is drawn. Then your chances go up or down exponentially. It is what it is.

Chapter 4...

Ignore the odds. People will tell you you can't win because they haven't.  Buy a ticket and dream big because nobody ever won without one.

Chapter 5...

Numbers are like cats. Rarely do they do what you expect. But its quite a joy when they do.

Chapter 6...

Forget the stories of past winners and don't bother watching the horror stories recounted on How Lottery Changed My Life. That's them and you are you. And one of these things is not like the other. 

Chapter 7...

Obsess less and enjoy. Play a game that gives you the best odds of winning something. You'll enjoy it more.

Chapter 8...

Use your head but do not lose your head. Or your shirt.

Chapter 9...

Nobody knows it all. When somebody says I told you you wouldn't win, buy another ticket.

Chapter 10...

Losing is part of any game. Have a short memory and move on to the next drawing.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40513 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2015, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

The first chapter...

How to deal with hurt feelings when you realize the lottery is not a game of sympathy, not a game of deserving, or earning. You win because you have the right numbers. Its not like standing in line at the checkout. Deal with it.

Chapter two...

God has to schedule determining who wins around the world every day, night, midday, and evening between sporting events and checking in at Vegas. Give Him a break when He overlooks the game you were playing.

Chapter three...

Everybody has an equal chance until the first number is drawn. Then your chances go up or down exponentially. It is what it is.

Chapter 4...

Ignore the odds. People will tell you you can't win because they haven't.  Buy a ticket and dream big because nobody ever won without one.

Chapter 5...

Numbers are like cats. Rarely do they do what you expect. But its quite a joy when they do.

Chapter 6...

Forget the stories of past winners and don't bother watching the horror stories recounted on How Lottery Changed My Life. That's them and you are you. And one of these things is not like the other. 

Chapter 7...

Obsess less and enjoy. Play a game that gives you the best odds of winning something. You'll enjoy it more.

Chapter 8...

Chapter 9...

Nobody knows it all. When somebody says I told you you wouldn't win, buy another ticket.

Chapter 10...

Losing is part of any game. Have a short memory and move on to the next drawing.

Great Book

Chapter 11 If you win big, hide!

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2015, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Chapter 0 If you cannot stand loosing, close the book and put it away now! Live a happy life without worries!

Mom said, play once, if you don't win, never try it again!

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3972 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2015, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Chapter 12

If you knew that number was going to hit, why did you not play it.

Chapter 13

Matching 4 of the 5 numbers is not almost winning unless you knew the 5th and forgot to play it.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3972 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2015, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Chapter 14

It's very easy to find a pattern that would have predicted the numbers after the drawing is over.

How did we not see that one coming!!!!!! 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Bronx, NY
            United States
            Member #164554
            March 6, 2015
            795 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2015, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Chapter 14

It's very easy to find a pattern that would have predicted the numbers after the drawing is over.

How did we not see that one coming!!!!!! 

RL

Green laugh

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Bronx, NY
              United States
              Member #164554
              March 6, 2015
              795 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2015, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

The first chapter...

Chapter two...

Chapter three...

Chapter 4...

Chapter 5...

Chapter 6...

Chapter 7...

Chapter 8...

Chapter 9...

Chapter 10...

After a stressful day at work this thread made my day I am here laughing on my commute back home. Happy Sunday guys.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                Member #76986
                July 10, 2009
                8035 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2015, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

BACK COVER / JACKET

Inside: Mama's Home Tested Rx Remedies For The Contagious 1 Off Syndrome

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2659 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2015, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

BACK COVER / JACKET

Inside: Mama's Home Tested Rx Remedies For The Contagious 1 Off Syndrome

Green laughI'll drink to that

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1713 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2015, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

LMAO! I need to read that more than once Harvest!

Hope mom don't mind highlighters and dog earred pages.

LOL

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

new jersey
                      United States
                      Member #150815
                      December 31, 2013
                      513 Posts
                      Posted: October 11, 2015, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

one for the money  2 for  the show three to get ready  go  cat  go