Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does any one know dimensions of Air Lottery Machine?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 1 year ago by GoogilyMoogily.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #168877
September 20, 2015
43 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2015, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I would like to build my own "Machine" just for research purposes, but I would like to know at least a close number to what the dimensions are for a Pick 5 machine, for instance. I have called, emailed the Florida lottery, as well as its manufacturer and my question is not being answered.

I do know that balls used are similar to those for ping pong and weigh approximately 2.6 grams.

Any one that could share this, would be appreciated.

"Garron Lottery" is a manufacturer if you want to google and have an idea of what I am requesting.

Thanks.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2657 Posts
    Posted: October 16, 2015, 11:55 am - IP Logged

I would like to build my own "Machine" just for research purposes, but I would like to know at least a close number to what the dimensions are for a Pick 5 machine, for instance. I have called, emailed the Florida lottery, as well as its manufacturer and my question is not being answered.

I do know that balls used are similar to those for ping pong and weigh approximately 2.6 grams.

"Garron Lottery" is a manufacturer if you want to google and have an idea of what I am requesting.

Thanks.

Stooges good luck with that

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1492 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2015, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Do you know how the machine works inside as far as picking the numbers?  If your don't know that, size of the box should not matter.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
        Green Bay
        United States
        Member #169391
        October 15, 2015
        1239 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2015, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm afraid you will be wasting your time.  My advice, play the trend.  That is...Play numbers and pairs that come up frequently within a week or two.  That's what I do with the daily games and sometimes I come very close but I must admit, I haven't hit the jackpot yet.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

United States
          Member #168877
          September 20, 2015
          43 Posts
          Posted: October 16, 2015, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

What would you prefer? Waiting a whole 24 hours to start finding trends in a lottery game (Which is indeed manipulated with ball sets and different machines), or build your own machine and create sets of patterns on your own, such a setting time limits of the air chamber blowing and how much balls should be randomized, and how they are organized in order to find possible patterns? I'd rather create my own for research purposes - never hurts, hence the point is to find proof or convince my self that patterns do exist.

And balls weigh about 2.6 grams with the chamber blowing air at 400 cubic feet per minute, just to answer your question above. Now dimensions are missing in order for it to be built and simulate the process.

United States
            Member #35335
            March 16, 2006
            116 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2015, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Thanks.

You would find your answer easier by becoming an engineer at the company that makes the lotto machine.

Is your goal to simulate the physics of the machine to see if there is a pattern involving the matter contained within the space of the machine?  I tried that and I have in my toolbox Pro/ENGINEER (now called Creo Parametric for AutoGem meshes), Ansys, Matlab, and other softwares, but not including anything that would allow me to simulate the wild airflows in the machine.

Let's discuss the granularity of the mesh for each ball.  What are your mesh properties?  Min angle, max angle, etc?  Degrees of freedom per node?  Singularities?  Deformation?  What does the painted number do to the deformation of each ball as they collide with the machine and the other balls?  Is gravity included?  The scale of all geometry is not important as you will find the mesh drives the realism of the simulation.

Now, let's discuss my home computing equipment I have in order to do this calculation.  I absolutely would never dare load this simulation on the calculation servers at work.  Not only would running this at work get me fired, but if I did win, the company property implies the company would keep the prize due to their equipment doing the calculations.

Back to my equipment.  It's not shabby.  I have 16 GB RAM, 2 year old gaming GPU, SSD drive, and it is not a slow machine by any means.  It does lack the workstation ECC RAM and other upgrades that facilitate the kind of calculations required.  I could RAID a bunch of SSDs to give me as much RAM as I could possibly use.  Wish consumer tech was able to give me 4TB RAM, but can't do that yet.  Yes, I meant terabytes!

The Megamillions drum rotates.  It would take my puter trillions of years to calculate one revolution of 75 balls with enough proper physics to be scary accurate/realistic.  It's not like a gaming simulation.  I went for real non-linear deformation in an environment including friction, gravity, airflow, Neutonian physics, Bernoulli, so-called 'hyper-physics', etc. etc.

I quickly gave up on this idea.  Not worth pursuing unless you have access to several supercomputer farms (which can possibly be home made playstation arrays running linux for heavy duty GPU calculation performance if you like, reference US Air Force and National Weather Service earlier testing with playstation arrays, easy to google that info).

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1129 Posts
              Posted: October 17, 2015, 11:30 am - IP Logged

What would you prefer? Waiting a whole 24 hours to start finding trends in a lottery game (Which is indeed manipulated with ball sets and different machines), or build your own machine and create sets of patterns on your own, such a setting time limits of the air chamber blowing and how much balls should be randomized, and how they are organized in order to find possible patterns? I'd rather create my own for research purposes - never hurts, hence the point is to find proof or convince my self that patterns do exist.

And balls weigh about 2.6 grams with the chamber blowing air at 400 cubic feet per minute, just to answer your question above. Now dimensions are missing in order for it to be built and simulate the process.

"hence the point is to find proof or convince my self that patterns do exist"

Your first hypothesis should be looking to prove the opposite....that patterns do not exist. If you try to prove they don't, but they really do, then you would be on to something.

I think you would really be better off building a software simulation, as technology has advanced enough to accurately simulate physical systems.

At the same time you would probably be wasting your time...all machines have different specifications and while they must adhere to the same standards they are typically custom-designed for that game. A pick 3 machine in one state might not necessarily be the same as one in another state. Furthermore, the machines are specifically made to induce chaos into the chamber so as to completely randomize the balls. This differs from other ball games such as roulette, which has been successfully modeled and can be predicted because the ball does not rebound many times over, versus other objects in a vacuum.

The greatest minds in the world have access to some of the most powerful supercomputers ever built, and not one has ever successfully built a predictive model of chamber lottery machines. Food for thought.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19817 Posts
                Posted: October 17, 2015, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

"hence the point is to find proof or convince my self that patterns do exist"

Your first hypothesis should be looking to prove the opposite....that patterns do not exist. If you try to prove they don't, but they really do, then you would be on to something.

I think you would really be better off building a software simulation, as technology has advanced enough to accurately simulate physical systems.

At the same time you would probably be wasting your time...all machines have different specifications and while they must adhere to the same standards they are typically custom-designed for that game. A pick 3 machine in one state might not necessarily be the same as one in another state. Furthermore, the machines are specifically made to induce chaos into the chamber so as to completely randomize the balls. This differs from other ball games such as roulette, which has been successfully modeled and can be predicted because the ball does not rebound many times over, versus other objects in a vacuum.

The greatest minds in the world have access to some of the most powerful supercomputers ever built, and not one has ever successfully built a predictive model of chamber lottery machines. Food for thought.

"The greatest minds in the world have access to some of the most powerful supercomputers ever built, and not one has ever successfully built a predictive model of chamber lottery machines. Food for thought."

And you know this to be true because.......................

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5114 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2015, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

You would find your answer easier by becoming an engineer at the company that makes the lotto machine.

Is your goal to simulate the physics of the machine to see if there is a pattern involving the matter contained within the space of the machine?  I tried that and I have in my toolbox Pro/ENGINEER (now called Creo Parametric for AutoGem meshes), Ansys, Matlab, and other softwares, but not including anything that would allow me to simulate the wild airflows in the machine.

Let's discuss the granularity of the mesh for each ball.  What are your mesh properties?  Min angle, max angle, etc?  Degrees of freedom per node?  Singularities?  Deformation?  What does the painted number do to the deformation of each ball as they collide with the machine and the other balls?  Is gravity included?  The scale of all geometry is not important as you will find the mesh drives the realism of the simulation.

Now, let's discuss my home computing equipment I have in order to do this calculation.  I absolutely would never dare load this simulation on the calculation servers at work.  Not only would running this at work get me fired, but if I did win, the company property implies the company would keep the prize due to their equipment doing the calculations.

Back to my equipment.  It's not shabby.  I have 16 GB RAM, 2 year old gaming GPU, SSD drive, and it is not a slow machine by any means.  It does lack the workstation ECC RAM and other upgrades that facilitate the kind of calculations required.  I could RAID a bunch of SSDs to give me as much RAM as I could possibly use.  Wish consumer tech was able to give me 4TB RAM, but can't do that yet.  Yes, I meant terabytes!

The Megamillions drum rotates.  It would take my puter trillions of years to calculate one revolution of 75 balls with enough proper physics to be scary accurate/realistic.  It's not like a gaming simulation.  I went for real non-linear deformation in an environment including friction, gravity, airflow, Neutonian physics, Bernoulli, so-called 'hyper-physics', etc. etc.

I quickly gave up on this idea.  Not worth pursuing unless you have access to several supercomputer farms (which can possibly be home made playstation arrays running linux for heavy duty GPU calculation performance if you like, reference US Air Force and National Weather Service earlier testing with playstation arrays, easy to google that info).

GM:

10/17/15 PB  $90 mil jackpot      48-49-57-62-69 +19

10/16/15 MM $93 mil jackpot      02-38-48-61-68 +04

Very good information..........      Thank you ........GM

the lottery can't get no "BUTTER"

United States
                    Member #168877
                    September 20, 2015
                    43 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Your response is of much help let me tell you, and thanks for taking the time in responding.

Ansys seems to be an amazing software to one day get to play with, as it would answer many of my inquiries in
                    life. I am studying computer science and looking forward to fully understanding this material that you just
                    provided me, in two years from now, as that will be the time in which I will eventually graduate with such
                    degree. Thus far I am only using Matlab (a software I already love) to create 'simple' visual reports to find
                    patterns in daily games of Fantasy 5. It really is the only game that calls my attention due to the nature of
                    it in odds.

I am inferring that by granularity of the "mesh" for each individual ball you are trying to ascertain exact
                    values for the diameter of each ball as well as its chemical properties thus to understand how much
                    pressure/force is caused to one another in order to understand the speed in impact, including also the base of
                    the machine which is made of acrylic, or am I incorrect? In regards to paint, I doubt that adds up much of a
                    proportion to its fraction of each ball. I mean, it seems as each ball weighs approximately 2.6 grams, so out
                    of those 2.6, how much influence does the paint would actually add to it? Gravity indeed does have a massive
                    impact towards reactions of each ball and in fact this is were physics never fails as of today. Gravity is a
                    constant in Earths ground, although you may wish to take in consideration the amount of gravity being pulled
                    from the Moon itself. Such as today, which the moon will be impacting force in tonight's draw? Would this
                    create some some kind of effect to space energy, does helping to increase the actual speed of the air being
                    blown inside the XYZ dimensions of the lottery machine? It seems as this game and all of many others, only
                    create more questions than answers to be considered. However I still believe that this is not coincidence or
                    "lady luck", rather, physics/quantum at work. Perhaps you may find a lot of answers in "Lagrangian mechanics",
                    although I don't have perfect understanding of the logical solution, I do get the point behind a pendulum at
                    work, where it doesn't matter how much mix up the balls have; f = ma will always make the balls fall between
                    one another. However, the only difference in the actual lottery machine is that each ball is traveling at a
                    limit of 400 Cubic feet per minute. I find that a simple science formula is at work in this, such as

d/v = t, v/d = t

t/d = v, d/t = v

v/t = d, t/v= d

And so forth, the point is that it doesn't matter how you place it, numbers will always repeat itself at one
                    point in time. The question is when? lol .

Last week my statistics professor began teaching Binomial distributions for which I seem to be having
                    difficulties in understanding. He did mention that Statistics it self will Never make any one win the lottery (although I strongly disagree).
                    But you mentioned the Bernoulli distributions and after looking at it, I'm sure that once a good understanding
                    is grasped, something can be attained out of the lottery system.

Last night I was thinking if the fact that lotteries have different machines and ball sets, thus increases the
                    odds of winning?

For instance, lets refer to the Florida Fantasy five which consists of;

Machine | Ball Sets

1              A B C D E F
                    2              A B C D E F
                    3              A B C D E F

We have 3 different machines which perhaps run at different speeds, in addition to 18 different sets of 36 balls
                    each which can be arranged in many unknown different ways. For instance, if we were to get the permutations of
                    these sets of balls using nPr = n!/(n-r)!, our result comes out to 4,895 ways that these ball sets can be
                    arranged (or ~13 years for all permutations to be played), without taking in consideration that there are a total of 36 balls that can be arranged all in
                    different ways depending on the ball set itself. woooooo - just to think of it, my mind is being blown.

My thought is that having to build a simulated lottery system would take me way longer than creating an actual
                    physical one. All I am missing is the proportions of it. ughh.

AND BY THE WAY, I'D BE WILLING TO PAY FOR YOUR ALL READY CREATED SIMULATION PROJECT. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3102 Posts
                      Posted: October 29, 2015, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

My opinion: If you broke into lottery headquarters and ran two machines all night neither would predict the other, or the following draws. 

Actually when the Florida Fantasy Five was 5/26 it later repeated a winning set of five a number of times.  For the first 500 or so draws it would have been profitable to play all previous winning combinations for each new draw.  If you have GH and the draw history for FL 5/26 run the #9 chart.

I have a plastic mini try ebay: Millionaire The Lottery Machine (tumbler) also consider a bingo machine. 

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19817 Posts
                        Posted: October 30, 2015, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

My opinion: If you broke into lottery headquarters and ran two machines all night neither would predict the other, or the following draws. 

Actually when the Florida Fantasy Five was 5/26 it later repeated a winning set of five a number of times.  For the first 500 or so draws it would have been profitable to play all previous winning combinations for each new draw.  If you have GH and the draw history for FL 5/26 run the #9 chart.

I have a plastic mini try ebay: Millionaire The Lottery Machine (tumbler) also consider a bingo machine. 

BobP

With 5/26 odds of 1:65788 of hitting the jackpot probably if anyone had the money they tried that.  If more than one person tried it then every one  who tried it would lose money even if they won.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                          Member #142777
                          May 18, 2013
                          263 Posts
                          Posted: October 30, 2015, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Your response is of much help let me tell you, and thanks for taking the time in responding.

Ansys seems to be an amazing software to one day get to play with, as it would answer many of my inquiries in
                          life. I am studying computer science and looking forward to fully understanding this material that you just
                          provided me, in two years from now, as that will be the time in which I will eventually graduate with such
                          degree. Thus far I am only using Matlab (a software I already love) to create 'simple' visual reports to find
                          patterns in daily games of Fantasy 5. It really is the only game that calls my attention due to the nature of
                          it in odds.

I am inferring that by granularity of the "mesh" for each individual ball you are trying to ascertain exact
                          values for the diameter of each ball as well as its chemical properties thus to understand how much
                          pressure/force is caused to one another in order to understand the speed in impact, including also the base of
                          the machine which is made of acrylic, or am I incorrect? In regards to paint, I doubt that adds up much of a
                          proportion to its fraction of each ball. I mean, it seems as each ball weighs approximately 2.6 grams, so out
                          of those 2.6, how much influence does the paint would actually add to it? Gravity indeed does have a massive
                          impact towards reactions of each ball and in fact this is were physics never fails as of today. Gravity is a
                          constant in Earths ground, although you may wish to take in consideration the amount of gravity being pulled
                          from the Moon itself. Such as today, which the moon will be impacting force in tonight's draw? Would this
                          create some some kind of effect to space energy, does helping to increase the actual speed of the air being
                          blown inside the XYZ dimensions of the lottery machine? It seems as this game and all of many others, only
                          create more questions than answers to be considered. However I still believe that this is not coincidence or
                          "lady luck", rather, physics/quantum at work. Perhaps you may find a lot of answers in "Lagrangian mechanics",
                          although I don't have perfect understanding of the logical solution, I do get the point behind a pendulum at
                          work, where it doesn't matter how much mix up the balls have; f = ma will always make the balls fall between
                          one another. However, the only difference in the actual lottery machine is that each ball is traveling at a
                          limit of 400 Cubic feet per minute. I find that a simple science formula is at work in this, such as

d/v = t, v/d = t

t/d = v, d/t = v

v/t = d, t/v= d

And so forth, the point is that it doesn't matter how you place it, numbers will always repeat itself at one
                          point in time. The question is when? lol .

Last week my statistics professor began teaching Binomial distributions for which I seem to be having
                          difficulties in understanding. He did mention that Statistics it self will Never make any one win the lottery (although I strongly disagree).
                          But you mentioned the Bernoulli distributions and after looking at it, I'm sure that once a good understanding
                          is grasped, something can be attained out of the lottery system.

Last night I was thinking if the fact that lotteries have different machines and ball sets, thus increases the
                          odds of winning?

For instance, lets refer to the Florida Fantasy five which consists of;

Machine | Ball Sets

1              A B C D E F
                          2              A B C D E F
                          3              A B C D E F

We have 3 different machines which perhaps run at different speeds, in addition to 18 different sets of 36 balls
                          each which can be arranged in many unknown different ways. For instance, if we were to get the permutations of
                          these sets of balls using nPr = n!/(n-r)!, our result comes out to 4,895 ways that these ball sets can be
                          arranged (or ~13 years for all permutations to be played), without taking in consideration that there are a total of 36 balls that can be arranged all in
                          different ways depending on the ball set itself. woooooo - just to think of it, my mind is being blown.

My thought is that having to build a simulated lottery system would take me way longer than creating an actual
                          physical one. All I am missing is the proportions of it. ughh.

AND BY THE WAY, I'D BE WILLING TO PAY FOR YOUR ALL READY CREATED SIMULATION PROJECT. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I read your posts osmannica2001 and you seem highly intelligent.  What are you about 20 years old? You said you were going to graduate from college in 2 years with a degree in computer science. 

You seem to want to use your degree more for a get rich quick scheme in this enterprise rather than using it in the field of computer science for the love of it and to make your million over many years.  Use your calculation skills in something that is more predictable.  After all this is a discussion area about lottery and risks. 

You said you would BE READY TO PAY FOR A READY CREATED SIMULATION PROJECT to get rich.  Since you are so young and in college i got a better way for you to get rich and pay ME afterward.

First....are you married yet?Big Grin

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

United States
                            Member #168877
                            September 20, 2015
                            43 Posts
                            Posted: October 31, 2015, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I am not married and I am 25 years old. You got really close to my actual age. I am working on a my second Associate degree and still going forward. I do enjoy researching the Fantasy 5 game. Thanks for your response and for sure Id be willing to put into practice my skills, specifically if its related to numbers. It'd be great if you are being serious.

And RJOH, I am glad that I wasnt the only one who found that when the Fantasy Five was 5/26, many times did numbers repeat itself. If you were to arrange all numbers played until July 2001, and you sort data in excel and have it remove duplicates, you sure will find that many times numbers repeated itself. Last month, I saw a number that has won 5 of 5 before, the first time I see a repetition since I follow this game.

United States
                              Member #168877
                              September 20, 2015
                              43 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2015, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

"Although government lotteries will invariably make an official statement along the lines of "all efforts are made to ensure the randomness of lottery drawings", their actions speak far

louder than words: practically all of them have multiple machines which draw the winning numbers, and they routinely "swap out" these machines "in an effort to make the drawings

more random". This is important: the effort to "make the drawings more random" explicitly implies that there are varying degrees of randomness (i.e., more random, less random, etc.).

If a machine were to be truly random, as they would have you believe, then they those machines would never need to be swapped with another machine; hence, their lotteries are not

truly random.

4 The theory that differing weights of balls could effect the outcome of the lottery was, ironically, proved by criminals in a successful attempt to alter the results of the Pennsylvania

lottery in 1980: “The cheaters included key employees at a Pittsburgh TV station where drawings for Pennsylvania's Pick 3 game were held. A station art director, according to news

reports from the time, injected a few grams of white latex paint into balls to be sucked into an air-powered machine. The cheaters weighed down all balls except those numbered with

4's and 6's, then bought combinations of those numbers. When 6-6-6 hit, they won $1.8 million.” - The News & Observer, May 28, 2006."

Cited from Satori Publishing.