Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Want to play 15 lines of MM should I use all the numbers?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 1 year ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2015, 6:43 am - IP Logged

I am thinking of playing 15 lines of MM with the multiplier which would cost 30 dollars. Here is my question: since there are 75 numbers to play and 15 Megaball numbers I could just capture all 75 numbers and all 15 Megaball numbers on the 15 tickets and the minimum prize I can win would be 2 dollars if the Megaplier was just 2x and I only had the Megaball number correct. On the other hand I could mix up those 75 numbers across those 15 tickets with duplicate numbers on different lines and could also not choose all 15 Megaball numbers and have some duplicate Megaball numbers. I am afraid of not playing all the Megaball numbers in case the few I didn't play show up. A few months ago I played 18 lines of  Lucky for Life but since there are 48 numbers to choose from and 18 Lucky balls I was able to use the main numbers more than once but used all of the 18 lucky ball numbers and only won 6 dollars (that's a 2 dollar game) so I lost 30 dollars by playing that way.  For many months now I haven't been playing MM much at all but now that the jackpot is rising I have bought one ticket per draw. I never expect a jackpot win but would love to be in the running for a second place prize since I always spend the extra dollar for the multiplier. This would be one of the few times I would be picking my numbers since I tend to play with QP's. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5595 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2015, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I put together 2 sets of numbers playing all 75 numbers and all 15 megaballs for a total of 30 lines. This entire year the best those sets have done is 2+1.

The good thing is that you know you have the numbers that will be drawn. And you know you will win at least a dollar. The bad thing is that you will usually lose 14 dollars, and it is still very difficult to capture even the first 5 numbers on the same line.

I've played 15 lines like this a few times this year but, because I like to play the other games that really eats into my playing budget, and the odds are really not in our favor. If you play MM only, it's not a bad way to go.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40420 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2015, 9:47 am - IP Logged

yes

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #77167
        July 15, 2009
        554 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2015, 10:26 am - IP Logged

My brother does that and hasn't had any luck doing it.  Have you tried playing frequent  numbers for different draws?

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23261 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2015, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: November 12, 2015, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking of playing 15 lines of MM with the multiplier which would cost 30 dollars. Here is my question: since there are 75 numbers to play and 15 Megaball numbers I could just capture all 75 numbers and all 15 Megaball numbers on the 15 tickets and the minimum prize I can win would be 2 dollars if the Megaplier was just 2x and I only had the Megaball number correct. On the other hand I could mix up those 75 numbers across those 15 tickets with duplicate numbers on different lines and could also not choose all 15 Megaball numbers and have some duplicate Megaball numbers. I am afraid of not playing all the Megaball numbers in case the few I didn't play show up. A few months ago I played 18 lines of  Lucky for Life but since there are 48 numbers to choose from and 18 Lucky balls I was able to use the main numbers more than once but used all of the 18 lucky ball numbers and only won 6 dollars (that's a 2 dollar game) so I lost 30 dollars by playing that way.  For many months now I haven't been playing MM much at all but now that the jackpot is rising I have bought one ticket per draw. I never expect a jackpot win but would love to be in the running for a second place prize since I always spend the extra dollar for the multiplier. This would be one of the few times I would be picking my numbers since I tend to play with QP's. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Assuming you have software to do this you should generate several groups of 15 lines with all the different parameters and test them on the last 214 drawings since the last MM matrix change and then you would have some idea of which way to proceed.

Ohio is joining the Luck for Life game so I will be doing the same with it before buying a ticket.  One problem is I download the previous drawings from the Massachusetts lottery website and it showed the drawings of Feb 9 and Feb 12 having the same results which has to be a mistake which I hope to track down befor playing.

When I play MM, I usually play 15 lines using all 15 mega balls and usually get a 1+1 most of the time so I'm doing better the 1:14.7 overall average. 

*I usually post my picks on the prediction board.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: November 12, 2015, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Assuming you have software to do this you should generate several groups of 15 lines with all the different parameters and test them on the last 214 drawings since the last MM matrix change and then you would have some idea of which way to proceed.

Ohio is joining the Luck for Life game so I will be doing the same with it before buying a ticket.  One problem is I download the previous drawings from the Massachusetts lottery website and it showed the drawings of Feb 9 and Feb 12 having the same results which has to be a mistake which I hope to track down befor playing.

When I play MM, I usually play 15 lines using all 15 mega balls and usually get a 1+1 most of the time so I'm doing better the 1:14.7 overall average. 

Went back to MassLottery website and looked at results for Feb 2015 and they were different than those posted for Year 2015, so I think I have the correct results now.

Evil Looking       

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                Lavender Rocket

United States
                Member #124616
                March 16, 2012
                2642 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2015, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Can you make a mix - 1/3 favorites - 1/3 least used - 1/3 wheeled?

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #164399
                  February 28, 2015
                  1927 Posts
                  Posted: November 13, 2015, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I tried this with cash 5 in NC.....was not a good bet....you're better off with numbers repeating across tickets...I like to use the draw statistics for my  picks (Some all cold, some all hot) and randomly throw in QPs in between to pick up #s on both....

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                    NC
                    United States
                    Member #164399
                    February 28, 2015
                    1927 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2015, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I tried this with cash 5 in NC.....was not a good bet....you're better off with numbers repeating across tickets...I like to use the draw statistics for my  picks (Some all cold, some all hot) and randomly throw in QPs in between to pick up #s on both....

QPs, at least here...tend to duplicate some of the numbers before it....so I'd play hot and cold, then QP to pick up the middle....

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: November 13, 2015, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I put together 2 sets of numbers playing all 75 numbers and all 15 megaballs for a total of 30 lines. This entire year the best those sets have done is 2+1.

The good thing is that you know you have the numbers that will be drawn. And you know you will win at least a dollar. The bad thing is that you will usually lose 14 dollars, and it is still very difficult to capture even the first 5 numbers on the same line.

I've played 15 lines like this a few times this year but, because I like to play the other games that really eats into my playing budget, and the odds are really not in our favor. If you play MM only, it's not a bad way to go.

"I've played 15 lines like this a few times this year but, because I like to play the other games that really eats into my playing budget, and the odds are really not in our favor. If you play MM only, it's not a bad way to go."

Staying on budget I find I do better if I decide which game I prefer to play based on odds and jackpot size and concentrate on it rather than trying to cover all the games.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #122468
                        February 1, 2012
                        530 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2015, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your response. Since I always play the extra dollar for the multiplier I would most like lose 22 dollars if I just got the Megaball correct and it was 2x. I haven't done this yet but really want to try it. Totally understand about eating into your budget if you played this way regularly. After doing this, will most likely just go back to my normal, not often playing of the MM unless jackpot is very high.

United States
                          Member #122468
                          February 1, 2012
                          530 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2015, 7:58 am - IP Logged

yes

Thanks

United States
                            Member #122468
                            February 1, 2012
                            530 Posts
                            Posted: November 15, 2015, 8:02 am - IP Logged

My brother does that and hasn't had any luck doing it.  Have you tried playing frequent  numbers for different draws?

Sorry your brother hasn't had luck playing this way. With the matrix having 75 numbers it seems like an impossibility to get 5 numbers correct no matter how one plays. In terms of frequent numbers I tend to play quick picks but would not be using QP's if I play 15 lines.

United States
                              Member #122468
                              February 1, 2012
                              530 Posts
                              Posted: November 15, 2015, 8:10 am - IP Logged

I have no software program to use and don't even have a working computer. Do you mean the Lucky For Life Game or is there a Luck for Life game too? I like playing the Lucky for Life game because if you get 2 numbers you win 3 dollars and have gotten 2 numbers at times. I do not like Mass Cash, even though you only have 5 numbers out of 35 numbers to win a 100k prize you have to get at least 3 numbers to win a prize which is 10 dollars and have only gotten 3 numbers once (though ticket price is just a dollar and many people win the 100k just not me, lol). For the most part when I play one line of MM and PB I use a QP.