Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why are my QPs so crappy?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 months ago by zephbe.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
Member #154519
April 19, 2014
243 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2015, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure what the deal is but whenever I get a QP, I often get 5 out of 6 odd or even numbers, all high numbers, all low numbers, or a lot of numbers that begin or end with the same digit like  02 03 31 39 60 03.  It happens at different stores and from the cashier or ticket vending machine. Does this happen a lot to anyone else on here?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22874 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2015, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Usually qp's on jackpot games I get are crappy too, none have won big yet. I don't

play often but will get a few when the prize is high. I got $10 for the MM and won a

whole big dollar I believe.

The numbers were very similar..PA prints 10 plays per ticket and I had 3 of one MB

3 of another 2 of another and 2 different ones. The main play numbers were junky

but if I was playing every week I would choose my own. I doubt they'd do better but

they'd be my crappy picks instead of a machines...that somehow is easier to take.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
      Member #169277
      October 10, 2015
      630 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2015, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

my crappy picks instead of a machines...that somehow is easier to take.

It always seems like there's something I don't like about  QP numbers, often all high or all low.  It seems like I win more often (the small prizes) with my own numbers too.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4106 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2015, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure what the deal is but whenever I get a QP, I often get 5 out of 6 odd or even numbers, all high numbers, all low numbers, or a lot of numbers that begin or end with the same digit like  02 03 31 39 60 03.  It happens at different stores and from the cashier or ticket vending machine. Does this happen a lot to anyone else on here?

I bet there have been a QP winner or two in the past that like yourself took one look at the numbers on the ticket that the machine gave them and shook their heads prior to the spin as well, by the end of the evening, those " crappy numbers" turned to Gold. Here's to hoping your crap turns to Gold in the very near future morgothaod.Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2015, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Three matrix changes ago, I stopped expecting to get a winning ticket and even more so now that 190,612,800 PB combinations won't match one number including the bonus number. There are 7,624,512 that won't match one of the five numbers making the even/odd and high/low distribution just part of what we should expect to get.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
            Greenville, SC
            United States
            Member #169870
            November 4, 2015
            374 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2015, 3:41 am - IP Logged

I here ya. That's part of the reason why I started playing my own numbers in Mega and PB. I play QPs for state jackpot games. You could use the Vinh Nguyen strategy and pick numbers off the top of your head. Good luck!

May the balls bounce in your favor!

United States
              Member #132100
              August 26, 2012
              1076 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2015, 3:47 am - IP Logged

If you don't like those quick picks you can get quick picks in some other way, for example the Lottery Post has a quick pick generator and there are others elsewhere.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2015, 3:50 am - IP Logged

Your set of numbers might look crappy but remember that even those lines that look bad can end up being drawn.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2657 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2015, 4:49 am - IP Logged

Your set of numbers might look crappy but remember that even those lines that look bad can end up being drawn.

I don't always like the number my local machines pit at me either ..... but one never knows for certain

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2015, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Id like a no repeats option. if i ask for 4 QP's then it  makes sure  non of the numbers are the same. that would suit me

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2015, 6:32 am - IP Logged

Do you like it or not?

I could write a webpage for filtered quick-picks.
                      This was an idea that I had longer ago.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #77167
                        July 15, 2009
                        554 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2015, 6:36 am - IP Logged

Repeat the ticket for the next game and see what happens.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: November 18, 2015, 6:38 am - IP Logged

Repeat the ticket for the next game and see what happens.

If they all repeat, you win with one line. ;)

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            554 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2015, 6:42 am - IP Logged

If they all repeat, you win with one line. ;)

All of the lines on a $10 ticket can't repeat.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2015, 6:48 am - IP Logged

All of the lines on a $10 ticket can't repeat.

I meant, if you play the numbers of the previous drawing, you only have one line to play.

You meant revalidate your previously played lines.