Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery & Religion

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 1 year ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10391 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

People walking up to you
Singing glory hallelujah
And they try to sock it to you
In the name of the Lord

Joe South - Games People Play Lyrics

RL,
This thread had me thinking on how predestination and free will would fit in - then I realized quick picks (predestination) vs self picks (free will)!

Scared

realtorjim,
I'm sure the big guy has a sense of humor - in fact maybe sometimes he lets certain people win just to see what will happen.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4084 Posts
    Posted: November 21, 2015, 1:44 am - IP Logged

Modern interpretation of ancient documents = total confusion.   

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: November 21, 2015, 2:51 am - IP Logged

RL,

There are military units called PSYOPS, psychological operations.

These operations can be anything from messing with people's minds to swaying them in one direction or another.

I often think the Bible is the best PSYOPS manual ever written.

"The first shall be last and the last shall be first" is just one example.
      Scared

The bible may be a very successful PSYOPS manual, but I'm not sure that's the same as best. Or second best as the case may be. Maybe there's another that I'm overlooking, but I think the Koran is probably the most successful.

There are plenty of christians that are bat chit crazy and think it's imperative that everyone else follow their beliefs, but their lack of real commitment is obvious. Plenty of them are willing to kill others, but very few will blow themselves up. The bat chit crazy muslims, OTOH, are a far more dedicated bunch. Some of them actually want to die in order to change you.

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        4084 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2015, 7:11 am - IP Logged

I posted this hoping to make a few giggle or maybe even laugh out loud.  Here is about all I will say

about my beliefs.

There are many gods but only one creator

There are many spirits but most are not Holy

There are multitudes of sons but only one Yeshua

The creator gave power to some of his higher creation, some more than others.

At some point God assigned earthly regions to these lesser gods to rule over mankind

Some of these lesser gods rebelled which is why we have so many holy wars and different religions

The Mystery mentioned in the bible is that God will retake all nations and setup a single kingdom

where his true followers will rule everything.

No human will ever get to heaven because he/she was good, or go to hell because they were bad.

Heaven is not floating around on a cloud, It's a off-world kingdom true followers will call home.

All true followers will receive power to run the affairs of Gods new earthly kingdom.

While heaven will be their primary residence I suspect they will be on the "road" so to say, quite a bit.

The rebellious former lesser gods will all be punished and replaced.

Those who come last will see the kingdom first as they are still here and those who have passed on will

see it last. 

Everything here can be found in the Bible and is easy once you know what to look for.  Paul knew this and

done everything in his power to help reclaim the kingdoms of earth.   Most Christians don't have a clue as

to what they are suppose to be doing now, most are waiting to go to heaven but the kingdom comes from

within.   Want to change the world, start with yourself first.  Once you master that others will follow your

example.   That to is just like the lottery, win big and everyone will try to mimic you methods.   If it's real

it will work for others.  If not then more work needs to be done.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10391 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2015, 11:15 am - IP Logged

KY Floyd,

I'll still say the Bible is the best PSYOPS manual ever.

The bible has many mixed messages, ' have a little wine, it's good for the stomach' - 'wine maketh a mocker of man'.

In Christianity, Jesus sacrificed Himself and died for us.

In islam, which means submission, you die for allah. The koran is a good 'manual' for bloodthirsty types who want to kill and maim people - 'cut off opposing limbs of infidels', ' if they don't convert tax them heavily or kill them' - but not really a PSYOPS affair.

Just my $02.

RL,
          I'd rather stick with the humor, too.

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            4084 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2015, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Another one came to mind.

With both,  you will meet friends you never knew you had.

RL

Bondi Junction
              Australia
              Member #57242
              December 24, 2007
              1102 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2015, 1:01 am - IP Logged

In the UK, churches can apply for lottery funding.

Heritage Lottery Fund

The HLF has over £375m annually and all of their main funding streams are open to churches, often the oldest or most significant building in a local place.

The HLF fund a range of heritage projects, activities and events in churches, including:

Conservation of organs, bells, clocks, paintings, stained glass, textiles and sculpture;

Projects which increase access to heritage, such as guide books or exhibitions;

Digital projects to create videos, podcasts, oral histories and online content.

If churches in the US got lottery funding, all hell would break loose!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3316 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2015, 5:22 am - IP Logged

RL,

Both encourage praying - but the difference between praying in church and praying while watching a drawing? When you watch the drawing you really mean it!
                Scared

i like that im going to steal it.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318