Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TLC The Lottery Changed My Life

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Teddi.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1550 Posts
Posted: November 27, 2015, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I am looking at real estate, especially California real estate. I have a Broker in my family so I would not go into it blind. 

Here in Cali we are hoping that El Nino brings rain and snow to our State.Party

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1200 Posts
    Posted: November 27, 2015, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I dont know much about the curse of the lottery, (or show) not to say it doesnt exist or isnt real but wouldnt it be prompted by stupid decision making by the winners?  Can we say David Lee Edwards or Abraham Shakespeare were cursed?  I am very sorry for what happened to Abraham, Dee Dee Moore was just plain evil. Another is that young mother in South Carolina with the drug dealing boyfriend that she posted bail for.  We all know how that story is going to end if someone doesnt step in to wake her up. She really fooled me, I thought she knew she was given a blessed gift and would do good but that doesnt seem to be the case.

The only lottery winner who has ever had cursed winnings was Hurley from the show Lost. Jack Whitakker wasn't cursed, neither was Bud Post, nor Edwards nor even Shakespeare. 

The only difference between Shakespeare and the others was that he didn't intentionally/knowingly make godawful decisions. They were still bad, but he didn't know they were bad, so it's hard to blame him for his own mistakes. I think the rest of us know there's a lot we don't know about the tax laws and managing 8 figures and so we know enough to get ourselves educated in money management and find good advisors. Shakespeare didn't have the mental capacity to know he needed to do that. 

You can watch Curse of the Lottery on Dailymotion. They have a two parts. Not one of those people were cursed. Every single one of those people made more stupid decisions than you could possibly imagine.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1200 Posts
      Posted: November 27, 2015, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Just turned it on, watching Cynthia strafford. Is she still with her trainer? I don't think having 22 million is enough for you to be looking at private planes, it looks like her trainer has dollar signs in his eyes.

That was all for the show. You know if she'd really bought that plane we would have heard about it. Cynthia would have made sure the public knew. I'm beginning to think TLCML is about as real as RHOA. Because:

1. When they featured that gay couple who'd won $4M+ on the slots looking at $3M homes, that wasn't real. They only looked at those homes for the show. 
      2. When they featured David Lee Edwards on the show, he was already in financial trouble and had borrowed money right before the show to give the appearance that he was still rolling in dough. 
      3. While that idiot father/son episode was being filmed, the father was still collecting food stamps. But they opted to leave that part out. 

TLCML is like Undercover Boss. One big 30 minute advertisement. All they want to show is how great winning the lottery is. it doesn't have to depict anything that's really true. But it makes people more inclined to buy a ticket.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        1075 Posts
        Posted: November 27, 2015, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Teddi, will look for the Curse, I would like to see it.

Shakespeare was just a tragic story.

Oh, and I like your signature!

United States
          Member #142499
          May 13, 2013
          1200 Posts
          Posted: November 27, 2015, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Teddi, will look for the Curse, I would like to see it.

Shakespeare was just a tragic story.

Oh, and I like your signature!

You're welcome. Abraham Shakespeare's story is in part two.

If you have a couple bucks to toss, watch "Lucky"on Amazon. I believe you can rent it to stream for 3 days for $2.99. I thought it was brilliant. Much better than "Millions" in my opinion. But you can see "Millions" on YouTube for free. The people in Millions aggravated me. You have the two guys who won $5M decades ago and squandered it on nonsense and who are both wishing lady luck will strike them again, and you have the lunch ladies who won but don't do anything with their money.

LOL re the signature. I've apparently reached the bargaining stage of lotto grief.