Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All or Nothing - (why do I only hit 5,6,7?)

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
augusta, ga.
United States
Member #168220
August 21, 2015
5 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2015, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Hi, lottery post, I am new here and I come with questions. I have played AoN from time to time, and like most of you, I never hit the numbers that pay a substantial amount....like 1,2 or even 3. It always seems to be 5,6 or 7!!! 

Before I go further, I understand that AoN is an RNG game and this has a lot to do with why this game is so unwinnable. I live in Georgia and I have studied the GA. draw history of AoN extensively, and to some degree I've studied AoN in the other states that have game, and the results are the same...most of the time 5,6 or 7 numbers will rollover from the previous draw to the next draw.

I use the term rollover instead of "repeating" or "returning" because I am of the conspiratorial mindset when it comes to lottery games, and believe that it is highly improbable for 5,6 or 7 numbers to consistently "repeat", when there are 19, 18 or 17 other numbers that can be drawn. Rhetorical: In all the randomness of numbers ....using 6 as the average... how can 1/4 of these 24 numbers consistently rollover from draw to draw? The answer, of course, is the RNG; they program the computers to rollover these numbers. 

With all that said, this is my bottom line question: What is the correlation between the 5,6 or 7 numbers that roll over and the fact that most of us only hit 5, 6 or 7 numbers? And knowing this, is there a way to capitalize on it? If I'm missing the obvious, please let me know.

I do not have an analytical mind when it comes to numbers, so, if there is a connection, I have not been able to find it. There are a lot of smart people on this site, so I'm sure someone here can answer this question for me.

Thx

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    50995 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2015, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Match 12 $250,000
    Match 11 $500
    Match 10 $50
    Match 09 $10
    Match 08 $2
    Match 07
    Match 06
    Match 05
    Match 04 $2
    Match 03 $10
    Match 02 $50
    Match 01 $500
    Match 00 $250,000

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

MrProgrammer's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
      Member #161388
      November 28, 2014
      83 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2015, 11:34 am - IP Logged

50% of numbers will be drawn.  Last draw 12 numbers drawn.  50% of 12 = 6.  So odds say 6 will rollover, on average.

MrProgrammer  Cool

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5741 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Hi, lottery post, I am new here and I come with questions. I have played AoN from time to time, and like most of you, I never hit the numbers that pay a substantial amount....like 1,2 or even 3. It always seems to be 5,6 or 7!!! 

Before I go further, I understand that AoN is an RNG game and this has a lot to do with why this game is so unwinnable. I live in Georgia and I have studied the GA. draw history of AoN extensively, and to some degree I've studied AoN in the other states that have game, and the results are the same...most of the time 5,6 or 7 numbers will rollover from the previous draw to the next draw.

I use the term rollover instead of "repeating" or "returning" because I am of the conspiratorial mindset when it comes to lottery games, and believe that it is highly improbable for 5,6 or 7 numbers to consistently "repeat", when there are 19, 18 or 17 other numbers that can be drawn. Rhetorical: In all the randomness of numbers ....using 6 as the average... how can 1/4 of these 24 numbers consistently rollover from draw to draw? The answer, of course, is the RNG; they program the computers to rollover these numbers. 

With all that said, this is my bottom line question: What is the correlation between the 5,6 or 7 numbers that roll over and the fact that most of us only hit 5, 6 or 7 numbers? And knowing this, is there a way to capitalize on it? If I'm missing the obvious, please let me know.

I do not have an analytical mind when it comes to numbers, so, if there is a connection, I have not been able to find it. There are a lot of smart people on this site, so I'm sure someone here can answer this question for me.

Thx

AoN in Texas is a ball drop game. I used to play it everyday, but decided to lay off and play more on Texas 2 Step. The odds are better and the jackpot rolls, and tickets are still $1, while AoN tics are $2.

The way the game is set up, you will most often hit on 5,6 or 7 numbers. When I played AoN, I would often play the same numbers 2 times, sometimes 5 times to have a shot at $500,000, or $1,250,000.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2015, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Thx

You can get 40% to 50% payouts, and your lines can win 20% to 30% on the long run without problem.

The price is set too high, it should have been 50 cents for a combination.

The outer ends pay, that is a bit like pick 7 to 10 at keno, where you often get 3 dollars for not hitting anything.
          It dilutes the payout for hitting at keno. With AON it is like, you don't know which end to play.

If you have no analytical mind, then learn to count the amount of odd and even, low and high numbers. It is not much, but it is a start.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19891 Posts
            Posted: December 6, 2015, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

You're expecting too much for so little effort.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2015, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

12 drawn from 24

6 reps is normal

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7340 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2015, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Thx

"Before I go further, I understand that AoN is an RNG game and this has a lot to do with why this game is so unwinnable. What is the correlation between the 5,6 or 7 numbers that roll over and the fact that most of us only hit 5, 6 or 7 numbers? "

There is no correlation because 50% of the numbers are drawn and the Georgia RNG drawings and the Texas ball drawings are statistically the same. It's difficult to win something because 77.8% of all combinations will match 5, 6, or 7 numbers and considering another 18% will match 4 or 8 numbers returning the price of the ticket, there isn't much room for profit. 

IMO, the game is more like a scratch-off game though you probably won't see a $2 scratcher paying a top prized of $250,000. You can get much better odds of winning the secondary $500 prize by simply playing pick-3.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19891 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2015, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

"Before I go further, I understand that AoN is an RNG game and this has a lot to do with why this game is so unwinnable. What is the correlation between the 5,6 or 7 numbers that roll over and the fact that most of us only hit 5, 6 or 7 numbers? "

There is no correlation because 50% of the numbers are drawn and the Georgia RNG drawings and the Texas ball drawings are statistically the same. It's difficult to win something because 77.8% of all combinations will match 5, 6, or 7 numbers and considering another 18% will match 4 or 8 numbers returning the price of the ticket, there isn't much room for profit. 

IMO, the game is more like a scratch-off game though you probably won't see a $2 scratcher paying a top prized of $250,000. You can get much better odds of winning the secondary $500 prize by simply playing pick-3.

Lucky for Life and Cash or Life are similar types of games and more states are adding one to their line ups.  Ohio just added Lucky for Life.  Their overall odds of winning something make the games look easy to win but winning the jackpot isn't easy.

Evil Looking       

augusta, ga.
                    United States
                    Member #168220
                    August 21, 2015
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2015, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the input, everyone. You all helped me save a lot of money.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10388 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

pdevans,

It's not just in All or Nothing games that this happens. Regardless of the game your most likely outcome is whatever doesn't pay, 0 numbers, 1 number in Pick 5, 0, 1+0, 2+0 in 5+1 games, etc.....

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mzketa84's avatar - batman38
                        Goldsboro
                        United States
                        Member #169562
                        October 23, 2015
                        135 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Same here in nc u either got 5 6 7 numbers but I had 3/12 which is only $10 but may be we can work up some number cause I've only know of 1 person hitting 250,000 and that's been a while ago

Arizona
                          United States
                          Member #165073
                          March 24, 2015
                          220 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2015, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I never hit the numbers that pay a substantial amount....like 1,2 or even 3. It always seems to be 5,6 or 7!!!

Straightforward mathematics.  Of the 2,704,156 combinations:
                          1 matches 12,
                          144 match 11,
                          4,356 match 10,
                          48,400 match 9,
                          245,025 match 8,
                          627,264 match 7,
                          853,776 match 6,
                          627,264 match 5,
                          245,025 match 4,
                          48,400 match 3,
                          4,356 match 2,
                          144 match 1,
                          and 1 matches 0.

That means that 2,108,324/2,704,156, or about 78% of tickets, will match 5, 6, or 7 numbers. By comparison, 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, and 11 combined will come up on 105,800/2,704,156, or about 3.9% of tickets. You are twenty times more likely to win nothing than to win a substantial amount.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7340 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2015, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Lucky for Life and Cash or Life are similar types of games and more states are adding one to their line ups.  Ohio just added Lucky for Life.  Their overall odds of winning something make the games look easy to win but winning the jackpot isn't easy.

Just found out, we have Lucky for Life in KY too and found out at 10 PM, they stop selling tickets at 9:30.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19891 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2015, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Thx

"What is the correlation between the 5,6 or 7 numbers that roll over and the fact that most of us only hit 5, 6 or 7 numbers?"

The odds of matching 5,6 or 7 are 1:4 and 1:3.  Most players hit what is the easiest, if you want to win more only play the harder combinations. Wink

You're Welcome!

Evil Looking