Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many marriages did the lottery destroy?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 months ago by lotterybraker.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you leave your spouse if you won?

Yes [ 7 ]  [15.22%]
No [ 33 ]  [71.74%]
Not sure [ 6 ]  [13.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 13 ]  
mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
Texas Panhandle
United States
Member #136843
December 20, 2012
1259 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2015, 1:48 am - IP Logged

A divorce would definitely be in my best interests if I ever won.  The main reason is that NO ONE is going to ever tell me what to do again, or how to spend my money.

I'm no lawyer or particularly experienced in divorce proceedings, but I expect a judge would award at least half your winnings to your spouse, maybe even more if you have children, PLUS generous child support.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
 - George Orwell

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #142777
    May 18, 2013
    263 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2015, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Let me fix the pole question for you:  "How many men has the court lottery destroyed?" there thats betterBig Grin

Women have been winning the lottery of divorce for decades.  It might be wrong but in a way its right. Men by backing down have brought it on themselves.  Every man is ready to sell out the next man quick so he can be with her at any cost.......and what a cost to society it has been.  Broken homes.  Kids raised to be degenerates with no discipline in the household.  A family fortune that could have been saved for retirement over time blown, divided, and lost for the next generation.  Not to mention a greater need for medicare and social security thats got the country financially bankrupted for sure.

I feel no pity for the situation any longer.  That time is way past for me.  I don't like the actions of the women at all but the men are at fault for letting it get this far.  I have tried to teach them something as friends and it caused friction between us.  They get mad at me for telling them the truth about their "sweet thang" or "the system".   Time goes by.  A few years later they come crawling back in the gym with their tail between their legs crying about their rape in court. 

"thanks for playing" the court says and if the check ain't on time we will arrest you buddy!  Of course i guess it was all ok while the new was on because.....after all.... to use sully16's words from an earlier post wifey was deserving because she was "putting out"!ROFL

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

lamaka10's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      The River Walk NC Coast
      United States
      Member #170590
      December 8, 2015
      60 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2015, 8:23 am - IP Logged

IMHO its kinda dumb to leave your spouse, if your unhappy , get out now

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3962 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2015, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I would say any marriages that winning the lottery ended were already in the dump but neither had the

means to go their own way.   In this case winning the lottery was a blessing, not a curse.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Arizona
          United States
          Member #165073
          March 24, 2015
          220 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2015, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm no lawyer or particularly experienced in divorce proceedings, but I expect a judge would award at least half your winnings to your spouse, maybe even more if you have children, PLUS generous child support.

There's at least one case where someone bought a winning ticket, didn't tell the spouse, got a quick divorce, cashed in... then the spouse found out. The judge awarded the entire jackpot to the spouse.

Portland, OR
            United States
            Member #145973
            August 20, 2013
            226 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2016, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I would certainly accelerate her departure via Greyhound back to Radiator Springs where I found her.  My girlfriend.  There I said it!  LOL

NOW, can anybody explain to me how Bud Post's girlfriend was entitled to 1/3 of his money if they weren't married?  There was no evidence they agreed to share the jackpot.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

United States
              Member #171734
              January 11, 2016
              127 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2016, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

If I won the jackpot I'd move to Utah and pick up a few new wives

Arizona
                United States
                Member #165073
                March 24, 2015
                220 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2016, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

If I won the jackpot I'd move to Utah and pick up a few new wives

They really frown on that sort of thing in Utah. The Arizona Strip (the bit of Arizona north of the Grand Canyon and south of the Utah border, where neither state's government has much of a presence) is where the action's at.

United States
                  Member #171734
                  January 11, 2016
                  127 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2016, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Nobody frowns on someone with $600M, they grin, smile and say "How can we help you!"

Besides, I learned from Big Love that you just legally marry one and the rest are unofficial wives.  State can't do anything about that.  They actually tried once but the courts pretty much told them they are allowed to regulate marriage but not unofficial marriages. 

Stay away from the Arizona strip polygamists, those folks are just plain inbred crazy.  I'd end up under someone's patio expansion like Abraham Shakespeare.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                    mississippi
                    United States
                    Member #34478
                    March 3, 2006
                    5903 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2016, 12:02 am - IP Logged

if I was to win that Powerball Jackpot...I would try to get Kate Beckinsale even if she is married....hahahaha

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"