Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

l want to win the lottery because...

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 1 year ago by GGStarlings.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2015, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Did you peek inside my brain before writing this post, GG? 

I also play just because I love numbers and all their glorious permutations.  And, I am sure I wouldn't quit playing with the numbers after a big win.

Not workin' for the man, financial freedom -- Oh Yeah! Banana

Big house (with cleaning crew!)on top of a hill with wonderful views  -- Oh Yeah!  Banana

Free time -- Oh Yeah!  Banana

Hey there, Tialuvslotto!  It is the LOVE for numbers and the game that keeps us at it, right?  Lover

I've always been an impatient sort, not content to wait on "luck".  If there's any way I can gain an advantage, I'll take it, so I'm an analyst.  I may not have that jackpot yet but I do get money back.  That's how I need it to be, so I work at it.  But it's the kind of work I love. "Glorious Permutations" ~ yes!  On our way to financial freedom and all the fun that can bring.  Cool

La Maga Della Spaziometria

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    1076 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2015, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

mikeintexas, this looks like a great piece of property to build your home and menagerie on!  Only thing missing is the 450 acres your other prospect had.  The idea of acreage is perfect for security and privacy imo.  Lots of options for off the grid living and nosey neighbors.  Good Luck.

Oops my reply checkmark to your post didnt stay, sorry.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged
        noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4146 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2015, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery?  You mean once, twice, three times? 50?  Wink

Numbers are an ongoing fascination for me so I know I'll always be playing the game, the games, winning as much $$ as I can, whatever that might be and wherever that might take me. 

I've managed to reach some goals this year on winning but I want a jackpot.  Like, you know, everyone else. Smile

The main thing is, I don't want to be working for the man.  I've done it for too long.  It's sure worked out nice for him but not for his employees.  So financial freedom 1st.

2nd:  a house of about 3000 sq.ft.  Maybe 4000.  It's gotta be up on a big hill, with a great view.

3rd:  Enough free time and money to go back to college and work on the Math again, get a degree. 

Numbers - I just never get tired of them.  Lovies

You Right Clarisse. It's all about numbers- in the case of the lottery,  the RIGHT numbers. A few month's ago the Wife & l were watching " The Imitation Game"..it boils down to being a numbers movie. But the machine that Turing built was huge and it had to counter the German's enigma machine- which was small in comparison. Given a choice in a Sci Fi world,  l would have liked to have learned Borg Algorithms...from 7 of 9. Perhaps it could have enabled me to win the lottery, given that they were so advanced in technology.Big Smile 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Republic of Texas
          United States
          Member #57557
          January 9, 2008
          1095 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2015, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Great answers! I've enjoyed reading them.

To add to the "I can" and "Detroit Red Wings Season Tickets", I'll add because someone has to win and I'd like season tickets to all the local pro sports teams. And I'd like an upgrade to my Camry, please, like to a BMW.

And financial security being the main reason. Too many things happened to that nice little nest egg my ex and I built - divorce, economy, etc etc. I have everything I need now and minimal retirement savings, but what happens when I'm in my 70's and still needing to work? I ain't no spring chicken. Walmart greeter doesn't pay very well. 

And no, I'm not depending on winning to save me. I just don't want to live with my sister. We are both pack rats and will wind up on the Hoarders show if we live together too long.

Sulk Off

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Idaho
            United States
            Member #76087
            June 18, 2009
            859 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2015, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

You Right Clarisse. It's all about numbers- in the case of the lottery,  the RIGHT numbers. A few month's ago the Wife & l were watching " The Imitation Game"..it boils down to being a numbers movie. But the machine that Turing built was huge and it had to counter the German's enigma machine- which was small in comparison. Given a choice in a Sci Fi world,  l would have liked to have learned Borg Algorithms...from 7 of 9. Perhaps it could have enabled me to win the lottery, given that they were so advanced in technology.Big Smile 

I loved that movie!  It helped me to feel not so alone in this world.  As a kid I was always doing crossword puzzles.  Puzzles of all kinds, really, but my favorite was crosswords.  So, as you may guess, I was not a terribly popular child, ha.  Unhappy  But as I always say, once a nerd, always a nerd.  Smile

Idaho
              United States
              Member #76087
              June 18, 2009
              859 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2015, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Great answers! I've enjoyed reading them.

To add to the "I can" and "Detroit Red Wings Season Tickets", I'll add because someone has to win and I'd like season tickets to all the local pro sports teams. And I'd like an upgrade to my Camry, please, like to a BMW.

And financial security being the main reason. Too many things happened to that nice little nest egg my ex and I built - divorce, economy, etc etc. I have everything I need now and minimal retirement savings, but what happens when I'm in my 70's and still needing to work? I ain't no spring chicken. Walmart greeter doesn't pay very well. 

And no, I'm not depending on winning to save me. I just don't want to live with my sister. We are both pack rats and will wind up on the Hoarders show if we live together too long.

Sulk Off

I hear you on that retirement issue.  My job offered no 401k, no nuthin'.  If we love the lottery, we might as well win on it, right?  Wink