Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The pitfalls of using a system

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 1 year ago by str8ca$hhomie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19901 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2015, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I played 20 lines for Ohio's Classic Lotto.  I checked my data file and made sure it was up to date with all the previous drawing results and that they were in order before picking any lines to play. 

I calculated the parameters and limits that cover 95% of those drawings which I used in a RNG to create a profile for the lines it picks.  The winning numbers were 4 6 19 23 36 37 and I matched two three times.

The winning numbers fitted the RNG profile perfectly which normally would net me a match three or better so I set about trying to figure out what might I had changed to have gotten a better results and could find nothing.

Finally when I checked to see how the winning combination had done in previous drawings I discovered it had matched five on 03/26/2008 and the RNG rejects any combination that has matched more than four in previous drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Krypton
    United States
    Member #140102
    March 11, 2013
    904 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2015, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Sounds to me if you haven't already time to make a few program changes lol 

RJ I've actually doesn't hours on a game filled out slips only yo find out I for hot t add the last draw numbers in lol or I'll forget to update the links to my pattern recognition program   Errrr.

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      4087 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2015, 12:24 am - IP Logged

RJ

Depending on the number of games in history it's almost certain to happen at some point.  I removed all

such filters from my stuff years ago. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2015, 6:10 am - IP Logged

Yesterday I played 20 lines for Ohio's Classic Lotto.  I checked my data file and made sure it was up to date with all the previous drawing results and that they were in order before picking any lines to play. 

I calculated the parameters and limits that cover 95% of those drawings which I used in a RNG to create a profile for the lines it picks.  The winning numbers were 4 6 19 23 36 37 and I matched two three times.

The winning numbers fitted the RNG profile perfectly which normally would net me a match three or better so I set about trying to figure out what might I had changed to have gotten a better results and could find nothing.

Finally when I checked to see how the winning combination had done in previous drawings I discovered it had matched five on 03/26/2008 and the RNG rejects any combination that has matched more than four in previous drawings.

You know, in a pick 5 game you can have 4 numbers repeating. Why don't you play repetitions for pick 5? Eventually we get a full repeat like in some pick 6 lottos. You could filter like not more than 5 repeating numbers and your RNG will do correctly for pick 5.

United States
          Member #41846
          June 23, 2006
          460 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2015, 6:34 am - IP Logged

RJ had you not used that filter, how many comb would you have had? you most likely would have used a different filter to get to your play budget.

The point is any filter will sometimes remove the winning comb.  If the filter only removes 1 digit from the matrix sooner or later it will fail you.

we can only be as selective as our resources allow and make as informed choices as possible, hope for a lot of luck,  then live with the results.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19901 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

RJ had you not used that filter, how many comb would you have had? you most likely would have used a different filter to get to your play budget.

The point is any filter will sometimes remove the winning comb.  If the filter only removes 1 digit from the matrix sooner or later it will fail you.

we can only be as selective as our resources allow and make as informed choices as possible, hope for a lot of luck,  then live with the results.

Classic Lotto is a 6/49 game so its matrix has 13,983,816 possible combinations.  CL had 1391 drawings each which had 15 combinations of fives combined with the other 44 numbers produced 918,060 combinations I was filtering out or 6.5% of the possible combinations. Since CL 1391 drawings had only match five of previous drawings 18 times or 1.3% of the time, perhaps I was filtering out too many combinations.

There is always another game to be played.  Tonight I will be trying my luck at Ohio's newest game "Lucky for Life", it' s a 5/48 +1/18 with better odds and pay outs for its smaller prizes.  I've been playing it since it came on line a couple of weeks ago and have done better with  it even with its $2 tickets.  I will on play ten lines to stay in budget.

Evil Looking       

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #165541
              April 12, 2015
              554 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2015, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you should re-title this thread "The Pitfalls of using the RJOh system"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2015, 6:06 am - IP Logged

Maybe you should re-title this thread "The Pitfalls of using the RJOh system"

I'm waiting until I win a jackpot to start another thread "The Rewards of using the RJOh system".  I came close in 2013 when posting 10 predictions for the same game and matched 5of6 for $1500. Wink

Evil Looking       

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
                  Member #146028
                  August 22, 2013
                  851 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2015, 7:09 am - IP Logged

I'm waiting until I win a jackpot to start another thread "The Rewards of using the RJOh system".  I came close in 2013 when posting 10 predictions for the same game and matched 5of6 for $1500. Wink

Keep your eye on the prize !

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie