Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you going to buy any subscriptions in 2016?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 11 months ago by haymaker.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
The land of Canals
United States
Member #137589
January 7, 2013
168 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I wish they credited small prizes to subscription account, to be used as credit on renewal. It would be very convenient for subscribers and more efficient for the lottery.

Thanks for that info myturn! Once I had a Canadian Lottery subscription and they would just credit it back to the account for extended draw time.

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
 Steve Martin

Cool

HAMMY WAMMY's avatar - lib
    Utah
    United States
    Member #169454
    October 18, 2015
    30 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2015, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

I live in Utah and love that I can purchase a year long Mass Megabucks Doubler ticket just by calling the Mass Lottery. I bought my ticket in October and the current Jackpot of 8.1 Millions looks pretty nice. I think Everyone should call them up and order a ticket :)

Bondi Junction
      Australia
      Member #57242
      December 24, 2007
      1102 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2015, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I live in Utah and love that I can purchase a year long Mass Megabucks Doubler ticket just by calling the Mass Lottery. I bought my ticket in October and the current Jackpot of 8.1 Millions looks pretty nice. I think Everyone should call them up and order a ticket :)

I agree, it is a way of demonstrating that you would support a lottery in your state. Politicians can be influenced by economics, follow the money.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2015, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

? Mass. megabucks is still showing 8 million jackpot for the next drawing. 

I'm undecided about getting a megabucks doubler subscription.  I like being able to change my numbers on a whim, not sure I want to commit to the same numbers for 6 to 12 months.

And there wasn't a Christmas Eve drawing either; the drawing was on the 23rd.

It makes no sense for players in other lottery states to purchase MM and PB tickets and considering the odds of winning $100 is 1032 to 1 and 54,200 to 1 of winning $2500, pick-3 and pick-4 are better games.

Bondi Junction
          Australia
          Member #57242
          December 24, 2007
          1102 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2015, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

And there wasn't a Christmas Eve drawing either; the drawing was on the 23rd.

It makes no sense for players in other lottery states to purchase MM and PB tickets and considering the odds of winning $100 is 1032 to 1 and 54,200 to 1 of winning $2500, pick-3 and pick-4 are better games.

With Holiday discount, it is less than a dollar a draw!

Massachusetts Lottery - Megabucks Doubler

1 Year Season Ticket = $100
          (104 drawings)  Discounted price $90 (Discount available until January 2)

Utah
            United States
            Member #169454
            October 18, 2015
            30 Posts
            Posted: December 28, 2015, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

And for those of you wondering how to cash in if you win... They will send you a check for non jackpot winning amounts. And if you are lucky enough to win the jackpot I'm sure after winning over $8million  you can afford the plane ticket to Mass to claim your prize :) 

And if you don't wanna fork out $100 for a year long ticket you also have the option of a 3 month or 6 month ticket :) both are currently discount for the holidays just like the year long.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7314 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2015, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Pick-3 players get better odds in each of 104 drawings playing 50 cent straight to win $250 and over five times better odds of winning $2500 playing a 50 cent pick-4 straight ticket.

I'm not knocking subscription play, but there are lots of better games than what the Massachusetts Lottery is offering via subscription.

Utah
                United States
                Member #169454
                October 18, 2015
                30 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2015, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

I know you aren't knocking subscription play.... And I'm sure there are better games/odd out there....

But considering Massachusetts megabucks doubler is  the only lotto game available by just calling the lottery office and not having to live in Massachusetts or a state that has legal gambling it's a great deal.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7314 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2015, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I know you aren't knocking subscription play.... And I'm sure there are better games/odd out there....

But considering Massachusetts megabucks doubler is  the only lotto game available by just calling the lottery office and not having to live in Massachusetts or a state that has legal gambling it's a great deal.

Speaking of legalities, gambling is not legal in Utah and Internet gambling is illegal in the U.S. Will you have any legal problems if you win the jackpot making the bet from Utah?

That being said, I suppose if it is the only game in town and you want the action, bad odds means nothing.

Bondi Junction
                    Australia
                    Member #57242
                    December 24, 2007
                    1102 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2015, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Pick-3 players get better odds in each of 104 drawings playing 50 cent straight to win $250 and over five times better odds of winning $2500 playing a 50 cent pick-4 straight ticket.

I'm not knocking subscription play, but there are lots of better games than what the Massachusetts Lottery is offering via subscription.

"They will send you a check for non jackpot winning amounts."
                    I hope the Massachusetts lottery adopts the New York lottery's policy of crediting low level prizes to subscribers accounts. 
                    It's a practical next step, which would be economically beneficial for the lottery.

Bondi Junction
                      Australia
                      Member #57242
                      December 24, 2007
                      1102 Posts
                      Posted: December 30, 2015, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

What would you like your state lottery to do in 2016, to improve the lottery?

Bondi Junction
                        Australia
                        Member #57242
                        December 24, 2007
                        1102 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2015, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

What would you like your state lottery to do in 2016, to improve the lottery?

The number one issue for me, would be anonymity. In the interests of safety and security of winners, they really should be allowed the option of remaining anonymous.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: December 31, 2015, 5:37 am - IP Logged

Yup all 2015 was via subscription, and 2016 will be the same. but 2016 will be a cheaper year i think as one of the syndicates i run runs out of  cash in Jan, and will fold up. all money collected and won spent.  had a good 6 months run winding  down and continuing small wins. so when its out of cash i have to  re jig the subscriptions. make sure i delete the correct ones etc.  will prob be a drop of $480 in spending  next year

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Bondi Junction
                            Australia
                            Member #57242
                            December 24, 2007
                            1102 Posts
                            Posted: January 1, 2016, 12:37 am - IP Logged

JANUARY 2ND IS THE DEADLINE!

DON'T FORGET...........

..........SPECIAL HOLIDAY PRICING AVAILABLE UNTIL JANUARY 2nd

[?IMG]

Megabucks Doubler

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2016, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

JANUARY 2ND IS THE DEADLINE!

DON'T FORGET...........

..........SPECIAL HOLIDAY PRICING AVAILABLE UNTIL JANUARY 2nd

[?IMG]

Megabucks Doubler

Looks like the real DEADLINE was 12/31/15

Oh well, maybe I'll do it next December.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.