Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly To The Powerball Rolling Over...

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 months ago by LottoMomma.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3972 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 11:30 am - IP Logged

realtorjim

LOL, it's funny how the odds are affected when a bonus number is added.  I think the odds for hitting

one number + BB is lower than just hitting the BB. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 11:39 am - IP Logged

"Why couldn't those who pull the "winning numbers" to begin with just pick more numbers"

Because the purpose of the lottery isn't to create winners. The purpose is to collect revenue for the participating states. The evidence is incontrovertible, and shows that the best way to increase revenue is to increase the size of the jackpot.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5603 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2016, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Think they'll get triskaidekaphobia?

Scared

Ok CT, I'll bite.

What is THAT???

Edit.

Nevermind. I googled it. Funny!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I TOLD YOU SO!  She was gonna roll.  People were saying not a chance.   Wednesday Jackpot will be $1.5B + I bet.  This will get out of hand.  People will throw even the kitchen sink to the Powerball these next few days.  I see the feds putting a stop to the party somehow.   They are party poopers.

Yes you did!  And I was one saying it was unthinkable.

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1704 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

GIVE THE MONEY TO A CHARITY !!!  LET A CHARITY FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH $ 1 BILLION DOLLARS !!!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            612 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

GIVE THE MONEY TO A CHARITY !!!  LET A CHARITY FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH $ 1 BILLION DOLLARS !!!

NO. THEY CAN PAY FOR THEIR OWN TICKETS!!! AND STOP SHOUTING!!!

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1704 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

NO. THEY CAN PAY FOR THEIR OWN TICKETS!!! AND STOP SHOUTING!!!

IF I WIN THE LOTTERY, I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TO WITH $1 BILLION DOLLARS !!!  I WILL GIVE IT TO A CHARITY B/C IT'S THE ONLY LOGICAL THING TO DO WITH $1 BILLION DOLLARS !!! and  I AM NOT SHOUTING !!!

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #100025
                November 4, 2010
                158 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

IF I WIN THE LOTTERY, I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TO WITH $1 BILLION DOLLARS !!!  I WILL GIVE IT TO A CHARITY B/C IT'S THE ONLY LOGICAL THING TO DO WITH $1 BILLION DOLLARS !!! and  I AM NOT SHOUTING !!!

I like this! DesintyCreation...LOL  Like George Carlin would say.. F--- them, let them get their own doritos!

Had some great responses. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and respond.  Just surprised no one voted if it was a good or past post?  Guess that happens too.

Yes, it is for entertainment factor and not a way to make a living. 

Granted before I would buy $100 in PB tickets, I would pick the scratcher that has the highest jackpot and most winning games left out and at least get to enjoy the time scratching them. The chance of winning the PB is like getting struck by lightening to the 10th power and then some!

I did break down and buy 5 lines for $10.  But, normally if I even play the PB, which I pretty much vacated when it went to $2 per ticket.  I buy one ticket. I figure if I am destined to win.. one ticket is good enough and I don't need 10 or 20 to get it done! LOL  The only reason I bought this time.. hell yes, $700M, why not?

I mean seriously when you factor in almost 50 states with how many people in each state buying an avg more than one ticket and now people that never play buying tickets play and people going to state to play that don't have it in their state... OMG.  No one in their right might could possibly fathom they would actually be the winner, would they. Now that is random to the big max.

Then to add insult to injury how do we know they don't pull that winning number number when it pops up cause they know it had a match but by letting it roll over and over.. the state lotteries get to make tons of money and make up for what they didn't get through the year. 

I just read last year in the beginning of 2015 was the worse for sales for both MM and PB.  Sure has to make you wonder.. so if it is "rigged" in some way, that way... why would you even want to play, if you know they are messing with it? I know that's out there but look at the corruption we have already seen with some of the other "state's" lotteries that have been in the news over the past year.

It can happen... but you have to have something to live for and it does give us hope and entertainment factor! 

LottoMomma

See Ya!

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                  United States
                  Member #44729
                  August 8, 2006
                  446 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2016, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

umm , lottomomma your in box is full it said...i tried sending you a responce...declined...

some day....some day

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #100025
                    November 4, 2010
                    158 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2016, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, saw that.. fixed that rowlettewheel.. bring it on! LOL

LM
                    See Ya!