Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So, do you think that...?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think the new matrix winner in TN feels they got jipped?

Yes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 12 ]  [80.00%]
Undecided [ 1 ]  [6.67%]
It's probably what they are thinking right now. [ 2 ]  [13.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

No, they don't give a crap they are living the great life. I would not feel "jipped" at all I would be too busy having fun to worry about future PB drawings. You are lucky to have won period. Only a greedy idiot would even think about that. They should be be glad they won. They are probably glad as it is A LOT less money to worry about and plenty to last if they are smart. Also not worldwide news.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
    Member #169277
    October 10, 2015
    630 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Did you read what I wrote? I thought I was quite clear in what I wrote. I'll repeat it one more time. Julie Leach is the last person to win under that last matrix. After they changed the matrix, 9 draws went by before someone one in Tennessee won winning $144 million. The question is, now that the Powerball jackpot is at $1.3 billion, with the same 1 in 292 million odds, do you think the winner in TN feels jipped?

No. 

At least I wouldn't. 48 million take-home would be more than enough to do everything I want.

grwurston's avatar - 144
      Let's Go Rangers!!!
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      4882 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2016, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Not at all. If they had changed the matrix a week earlier they may not have won anything. They had better odds of winning then, then we have now.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Nah - the Tenn winner is probably thinking they were lucky it wasnt a starting MM j/p that they won!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Did you read what I wrote? I thought I was quite clear in what I wrote. I'll repeat it one more time. Julie Leach is the last person to win under that last matrix. After they changed the matrix, 9 draws went by before someone one in Tennessee won winning $144 million. The question is, now that the Powerball jackpot is at $1.3 billion, with the same 1 in 292 million odds, do you think the winner in TN feels jipped?

trucker,

Got it now but it would have helped had you said prior to this drawing.

The Amazing Kreskin might not have got it the way the OP stated.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.