Welcome Guest
You last visited November 21, 2017, 12:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Spending Amounts - Jan 9 2015 Drawing

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lcoleman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How much did you spend on Powerball for the Saturday Jan 9 2015 drawing?

$0 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
$2 - $3 [ 7 ]  [14.89%]
$4 - $9 [ 10 ]  [21.28%]
$10 - $19 [ 7 ]  [14.89%]
$20 - $49 [ 15 ]  [31.91%]
$50 - $99 [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
$101 - $200 [ 4 ]  [8.51%]
$201 - $300 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
$301 - $999 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
$1000 or more [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
MrProgrammer's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
Member #161388
November 28, 2014
84 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Poll Question of the day!

MrProgrammer  Cool

Germany
    Member #164603
    March 8, 2015
    803 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Everybody on here always only buys 1 ticket. On a dedicated lottery forum. Go figure.

Portland, OR
      United States
      Member #145973
      August 20, 2013
      236 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

$4 that's all.  Same I'll do tomorrow.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
        Greenville, SC
        United States
        Member #169870
        November 4, 2015
        374 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I play my usual 10 lines. I just get a mult-draw ticket. So, I'm already in the next 8 draws.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #140684
          March 24, 2013
          587 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I play my usual 10 lines. I just get a mult-draw ticket. So, I'm already in the next 8 draws.

So your 10 lines are valid for 8 draws? That's pretty cool.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1342 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

So your 10 lines are valid for 8 draws? That's pretty cool.

Hey Josh, haven't seen you here in a while. See Ya! Was hoping you'd won the Euromillions or something. How have you been? What's the scoop on Camelot's matrix change? Are they going to try and be the British PB and are you one of the boycotters?

I too would prefer Cersei Lannister to Tiny Hands. She always pays her debts, hasn't filed 6 bankruptcies and is educated enough to know Nambia isn't a country.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              6732 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Dang. Meant to click 10-19 and hit 20-49.

Spent $6 for Wed.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1342 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Dang. Meant to click 10-19 and hit 20-49.

Spent $6 for Wed.

Are you going to spend more than the $6 for this drawing or is that your cut off?

I too would prefer Cersei Lannister to Tiny Hands. She always pays her debts, hasn't filed 6 bankruptcies and is educated enough to know Nambia isn't a country.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  6732 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Are you going to spend more than the $6 for this drawing or is that your cut off?

That''s all. 2 lines with powerplay.

I will buy work pool tix Wed morning.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

London
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #140684
                    March 24, 2013
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Hey Josh, haven't seen you here in a while. See Ya! Was hoping you'd won the Euromillions or something. How have you been? What's the scoop on Camelot's matrix change? Are they going to try and be the British PB and are you one of the boycotters?

Hey Teddi!

I was hoping to win the Euro too, haha!

I've been pretty good, there haven't been many good jackpots in the UK lottery lately so I haven't been buying a ticket for any draws but the recent UK change made the Lotto go pretty high so I tried my luck with a £2 luckydip and didn't match a thing nor did I get lucky with the raffle part, figures.....

I'm not really sure what the scoop is, I honestly never played the regular Lotto unless there was some type of special event with a bigger JP, I would rather spend my £2 on a Euro ticket for a much larger JP so I guess the change is more likely to make me give it a shot when it's back up there again.... not really a boycotter since I never played it in the first place haha, plus I hated how they changed it from £1 to £2 and added a raffle to justify it.

There's a pretty big Euro draw on Tuesday I believe so I will throw £2 at that for the £51m... I am just glad there are big JP's again. I always lose interest for months when they're small.

How are you doing in the Powerball? Must be nice to have a huge JP like that at the moment!

United States
                      Member #142499
                      May 13, 2013
                      1342 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2016, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey Teddi!

I was hoping to win the Euro too, haha!

I've been pretty good, there haven't been many good jackpots in the UK lottery lately so I haven't been buying a ticket for any draws but the recent UK change made the Lotto go pretty high so I tried my luck with a £2 luckydip and didn't match a thing nor did I get lucky with the raffle part, figures.....

I'm not really sure what the scoop is, I honestly never played the regular Lotto unless there was some type of special event with a bigger JP, I would rather spend my £2 on a Euro ticket for a much larger JP so I guess the change is more likely to make me give it a shot when it's back up there again.... not really a boycotter since I never played it in the first place haha, plus I hated how they changed it from £1 to £2 and added a raffle to justify it.

There's a pretty big Euro draw on Tuesday I believe so I will throw £2 at that for the £51m... I am just glad there are big JP's again. I always lose interest for months when they're small.

How are you doing in the Powerball? Must be nice to have a huge JP like that at the moment!

Well good luck on your Tuesday drawing then. That's a good chunk of change to take home, especially with no CV and no taxes. 

This is going to sound weird, but a big part of me isn't that excited. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, kinda just waiting to see what happens because it's uncharted territory on every front imaginable. The other (smaller) part of me is just hoping to have the winning numbers come Wednesday since a billion dollar jackpot is what I've been waiting for since MM first changed their matrix and PB upped their price.

With other big jackpots I'd have been imaginary shopping for a Birkin bag collection with matching Louboutins and the perfect Houzz-featured closet to store them in. Not so much this time. 

Are you going to try to get a few PB tickets from an online vendor? If you win you'll pay less in taxes than the rest of us would.

London
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #140684
                        March 24, 2013
                        587 Posts
                        Posted: January 10, 2016, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Well good luck on your Tuesday drawing then. That's a good chunk of change to take home, especially with no CV and no taxes. 

This is going to sound weird, but a big part of me isn't that excited. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, kinda just waiting to see what happens because it's uncharted territory on every front imaginable. The other (smaller) part of me is just hoping to have the winning numbers come Wednesday since a billion dollar jackpot is what I've been waiting for since MM first changed their matrix and PB upped their price.

With other big jackpots I'd have been imaginary shopping for a Birkin bag collection with matching Louboutins and the perfect Houzz-featured closet to store them in. Not so much this time. 

Are you going to try to get a few PB tickets from an online vendor? If you win you'll pay less in taxes than the rest of us would.

That reminds me of the time when the Euro was £126m, I was pretty excited and started looking at houses/apartments & cars online just for the hell of it then when the draw happened I obviously didn't hit a thing and it was back to work the next day haha.

I haven't used those online services before but I may look into it, not sure how I feel about them to be honest.

Hope you hit the JP!

Tami333's avatar - melissa sool.png
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #139344
                          February 20, 2013
                          1331 Posts
                          Posted: January 10, 2016, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Regular 5 lines and additional 10 EP  just because the jackpot was so high.

To all that say it only takes one, you are correct.  We did a "one-time" Lottery Pool @ work with 50 people.

Guess how much we won out of 100 tickets?  $8.00.  EIGHT DOLLARS TOTAL / 50 !! ha ha.  Thank goodness that one only cost me $4.  Had to at least try.  I didn't want to be the person left at work while they were cashing in!

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7602 Posts
                            Posted: January 10, 2016, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Everybody on here always only buys 1 ticket. On a dedicated lottery forum. Go figure.

Considering $880 million was wagered trying to match 5 of 69 numbers and 1 of 26 numbers, nobody won the jackpot, and 65% of the tickets matched 0 numbers and didn't match the bonus number either, maybe a better questions is "how many tickets are necessary to get a reasonable chance of winning the jackpot".

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                              Greenville, SC
                              United States
                              Member #169870
                              November 4, 2015
                              374 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2016, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

The meat packers in Nebraska played for years until they won the then US record jackpot of $365 million.

May the balls bounce in your favor!