Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Hangover.

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 months ago by azares.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How well did you do?

Jackpot! [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
Almost?! [ 2 ]  [5.00%]
Nice amount. [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
A few bucks. [ 17 ]  [42.50%]
Nothing. [ 19 ]  [47.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
Jacksonville Florida
United States
Member #23018
October 6, 2005
915 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2016, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

The hangover continues over on the Powerball Twitter feed. All the fake winning tickets being tweeted over and over is amusing. Most of the fakes are not even done well with uneven number lines and some numbers that look different. Looking at these images enlarged usually reveals adjacent pixel differences indicating an image paste not easy to see at normal size...

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

In Sanford, Florida, a 19 year old who'd never played before walked into a store to buy a PB ticket for yesterday's jackpot. When he approached the play station he noticed there was a playslip already filled out. Not knowing any better, he figured those numbers were as good as any and hands the clerk the playslip, but adds Power Play. He's now two million dollars richer.

Interesting side note: There were 11 1-million dollar winners in Florida, meaning no power play, and the 19 y.o. was the only one with five numbers and power play. 

That means one of two things happened:

A) Somebody filled out a playslip with the first five winning numbers and walked away without playing, leaving their playslip behind. Or...

B) Somebody played the numbers, but skipped power play, and then left their playslip for this lucky teenager to find. 

My gut says A because there's no news so far about a store selling two million-dollar+ tickets. 

I love this story because it illustrates my favorite things about the lottery: That it's completely random (unless you're in IL), and it doesn't discriminate. It can happen to anyone, at any time, maybe even me one of these days.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      915 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2016, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

In Sanford, Florida, a 19 year old who'd never played before walked into a store to buy a PB ticket for yesterday's jackpot. When he approached the play station he noticed there was a playslip already filled out. Not knowing any better, he figured those numbers were as good as any and hands the clerk the playslip, but adds Power Play. He's now two million dollars richer.

Interesting side note: There were 11 1-million dollar winners in Florida, meaning no power play, and the 19 y.o. was the only one with five numbers and power play. 

A) Somebody filled out a playslip with the first five winning numbers and walked away without playing, leaving their playslip behind. Or...

B) Somebody played the numbers, but skipped power play, and then left their playslip for this lucky teenager to find. 

My gut says A because there's no news so far about a store selling two million-dollar+ tickets. 

I love this story because it illustrates my favorite things about the lottery: That it's completely random (unless you're in IL), and it doesn't discriminate. It can happen to anyone, at any time, maybe even me one of these days.

Yet another example of all it takes is one ticket ... and luck Smiley

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2016, 1:59 am - IP Logged

So lucky to have matched 5 numbers

You could of done a better job with the 8 & 27.

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
          The Quantum Master
          West Concord, MN
          United States
          Member #21
          December 7, 2001
          3675 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2016, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Yeah, Photoshopping and Poll Lying are not exactly a Miracle of Hacking Computer Science.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
          Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
          Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
          Knowledge is Beyond Belief
          Wisdom is Not Censored
          Douglas Paul Smallish
          Jehocifer

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
            The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3675 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2016, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

another LP'er sent us a PM and asked around about the picture.

we replied back...

'eh, just wait a while.

if they come back with a picture of them standing next to a lottery official holding one of those big azs novelty lottery checks, then we know it's good.'

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
            Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
            Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
            Knowledge is Beyond Belief
            Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

United States
              Member #169365
              October 13, 2015
              135 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, that 27 is jacked up (or should I say down).  Uncool.  I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a pic with lottery officials.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                Member #93164
                June 23, 2010
                1313 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2016, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I did nothing as my vote. I didn't buy anymore Powerball in My PNI money until it gets close or above $1 billion.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4783 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2016, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Wow this is why I would have done the same (happened to me twice but won nothing) ....yet I refuse to play mistake tickets offered by a clerk. I believe in angels leaving signs.

And be nice to the homeless since they may be angels in disguise.

J'aime La France.

san diego
                    United States
                    Member #68237
                    December 16, 2008
                    97 Posts
                    Posted: January 16, 2016, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Work pool won nothing. I won $8, made a whole $2 profit. LOL.

I just got my tix for the rest of the week.

Tx 2 Step tonight.

MM tomorrow night.

Tx Lotto, and PB Saturday night.

If I win Lotto, MM, or PB I'll fly under the radar while everyone is looking for the big winners.

Lottery pools are milking cows for lotteries unless they win. How many lottery pools are there during the historic Powerball Draw? Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.