Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Movies and Your Workout.

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 8 months ago by SilverLion.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #165541
April 12, 2015
541 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

My last thread was about music, but lets do movies!!!

What is your favorite movie to have in the background when you are masterminding your game?

Not every movie has to have a "lottery" theme, but might include a certain number or song or whatever that you like when doing your w/o or not doing your w/o.

For example, i was watching the movie "Hoodlum" while doing my w/o.  Interesting.  Has one of my favorite actors, Larry Fishburne.  I met him and spoke

to him once in D.C. long ago.  In the movie there was a pick 3 number, that was hot.  Can't remember it now, but I did think to play it after seeing it.  Just an

example. In the last thread, somebody (forgive me for forgetting who) mentioned the movie "Rounders."  With Matt Damon.  Another highs stakes gambling

movie. I put it on sometimes when doing my w/o. 

Have fun with it people!!

Good Luck!!

P.S.

I am still the greatest!!!

LOL

United States
    Member #172489
    January 26, 2016
    43 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2016, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Rounders - forgot about that one, probably watched it 1000 times in college.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: January 27, 2016, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

How about putting pick 3 into notes and playing it. Does anyone have such a software? I think that this has been done before as Mathematics was compared to music. Eventually you still can find this on YouTube.

United States
        Member #165541
        April 12, 2015
        541 Posts
        Posted: January 28, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

How about putting pick 3 into notes and playing it. Does anyone have such a software? I think that this has been done before as Mathematics was compared to music. Eventually you still can find this on YouTube.

I am not sure what you mean here by "notes".  I think mathematics was compared to music and music was compared to nature and nature was compared to

mathematics.  I dont know how many people here have seen the movie "SuperBad", but its very funny!  At times some of the jokes are pretty gross, overall it 

was cracking me up.  In one scene there is a robbery at a liquor store, and the goofy cops show up.  Anyway the cops start cruising with this kid that was trying 

to buy liquor with a fake Hawaii ID.  The name on the idea was Mcginnin.  LOL. Remember McDoofus as rdgrnr used to call him? He was funny.  Actually it was

McLovin on the ID.  But anyway the number on the police crusier starts jumping out at me.  I am not sure if its my inutition or what not, but I start to like the

number so I made some "notes" on paper.  I was going to track its sum occurrence.  0926 was the number.  I did'nt play it of course, because I usually dont play

without some analysis.  And I was not going out again in the snow.  So the midday number comes out 0925. 

One off on the straight!!  My heart nearly skipped a beat.  I almost never get that close, even after an hour or more of analyis. I could have hit it if I played

"close".

Anyway I am gonna track the sum for both numbers for a while.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2016, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Draft Day - its a feel good movie that makes me smile/laugh every time I see it.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
            Green Bay
            United States
            Member #169391
            October 15, 2015
            1243 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2016, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

My favorite move would be "The Ghost and the Darkness"  Two LIONS attack construction workers so a bridge engineer and an old hunter set out to KILL these LIONS!  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

United States
              Member #165541
              April 12, 2015
              541 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Draft Day - its a feel good movie that makes me smile/laugh every time I see it.

I actually have caught that movie a few times.  Its interesting.   Now thats a movie about beating the odds.  Hollywood is always pushing the idea of a 70 year old man dating a 40 year old woman.  What are the odds of that in real life?  How about that for a pick 4 number?  4070?

United States
                Member #165541
                April 12, 2015
                541 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2016, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

My favorite move would be "The Ghost and the Darkness"  Two LIONS attack construction workers so a bridge engineer and an old hunter set out to KILL these LIONS!  LOL

I will have to keep it on my radar.

United States
                  Member #165541
                  April 12, 2015
                  541 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2016, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Well it seems I was doing my workout again, and I was watching yet another movie.

This time it was STAR TREK.  Good movie.  Of course you get the 1701 number which is often sold out to my chagrin.  Although I have noticed an interesting

occurrence lately.  The liability has seemed to have virtually disappeared.  And I asked the clerk, and he said "Don't ask me I don't play."  Then I expounded for

five minutes on my theory why this why so.  Finally he said, "If you no buy you must leave!"  "No reading in store!!" "This is not a library!"  LOL.  JK

Actually I like this clerk very much although we have locked horns.  I like him because he always gives me a print out of my numbers.  He always seems to reset

the terminal, and when I ask him to print out the liability, he doesn't look at me like I have twelve heads.

But I digress.

This was a recent STAR TREK.  Into Darkness.  Some of you Trekkies may have seen it.  There is a scene where Kirk sends Scotty to investigate some

coordinates that are given to him by Khan.  So Scotty goes out into the Solar System, to the coordinates, and finds himself around Jupiter.  (Perhaps a Clarke

reference here?)  So what are these coordinates?

So my question here is (Gene being a visionary and all) what are the odds for these numbers to come up in Mega or Powerball?

Has anybody done the backtest?  Are we being given a freebie here?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2016, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Joe vs the Volcano.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      541 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2016, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Joe vs the Volcano.

Joe versus the Volcano?  You have to be kidding me.  That must be one of the worst movies of all time.

It is so bad, I haven't even bothered to try and watch it once.  It is so bad, they haven't played it on cable in the last ten years. 

It is so bad, that the last time TBS bothered to play it, Ted Turners stock dropped 10 points.  Now if you said perhaps, BIG or Saving Private Ryan, then I might

believe you.  Jeez, I would have had more respect for you if you had even said My Little Pony.

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10348 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2016, 9:39 am - IP Logged

It has nothing to do with the movie itself, consider the title and consider playing the lottery.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                          Upacreek
                          United States
                          Member #136306
                          December 8, 2012
                          428 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2016, 9:58 am - IP Logged

It has nothing to do with the movie itself, consider the title and consider playing the lottery.

LOL CT... in that same lava tube vein...

How bout "Against All Odds"?

-RC

United States
                            Member #165541
                            April 12, 2015
                            541 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I don't live in Hawaii, or Alaska, so I don't really consider volcanos when I play the lottery.

But I would be really pissed if my numbers came out and I couldn't play due to Vulcan.

Long live, prosper and pretend to play the lottery CoinToss.

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10348 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2016, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

The lottery is the volcano you are up against, genius.

The fact that it had to be explained to you speaks volumes.

Lep