Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where do you keep your tickets?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 months ago by mikeintexas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

After you get your tickets, where do you put them?

Plastic Sleeve [ 8 ]  [28.57%]
Drawer, Box or Bin [ 3 ]  [10.71%]
In some pair of pants somewhere on the floor [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Wallet [ 5 ]  [17.86%]
Through the washing machine [ 1 ]  [3.57%]
Tabletop/counter [ 5 ]  [17.86%]
Safe [ 1 ]  [3.57%]
Shirt pocket while I travel the country! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I lose a bunch of tickets! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
That's for me to know, and no one to find out. [ 5 ]  [17.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40583 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2016, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Now... are those 3 steps back just regular steps? moon walk steps? or 3 steps while doing the "Running Man" dance move? Those are not equal steps at all!

I confess, spilled coffee on my treasure map, I have no idea , lol

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2016, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

mostly electronic tickets for me. for keno i  get paper, and usually in my back pocket. till i go scan them next time im at the store. no risk fo going thru the washer really as i always check all pockets before i wash. if i but a paper ticket for next weeks drawm, it usually comes   registered to a players card, and  is supposed to be paid even if i lose the ticket.  but still that goes on the desk till i check it

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Alpharetta, GA
      United States
      Member #169547
      October 23, 2015
      123 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2016, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

The winners I cash in.  Before the draw they go next to my computer in my office.  The losers I keep In a small plastic box to deduct from taxes :) 

i must see a picture of the wallpaper with the losing tickets lol.

alsmurf4's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        mississippi
        United States
        Member #158372
        August 20, 2014
        15 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2016, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

As soon as I buy the ticket I put it in my wallet before I even leave the store counter. Losers get trashed as soon as I check them against two sources. I buy one line for Powerball, Mega Millions and Lousiana Lotto for each draw, multi purchases for ten or twenty draws so I don't have to keep going to the store.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2016, 12:16 am - IP Logged

In a plastic sleeve with the number 8 in it, and the sleeve goes under a little green leprechaun.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
            Member #164603
            March 8, 2015
            614 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2016, 12:41 am - IP Logged

In my e-mail account.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2016, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I keep mine in a nifty little wallet the Texas Lottery retailers give out from time-to-time.  I keep the lottery tickets and filled out and extra blank play slips in it, along with a few dollars- my winnings when I'm on a "winning streak". (which means there's usually no money in it).

I don't keep my losing tickets to offset any taxes;  instead I've been using them for wallpaper.  So far I've done my bedroom, the utility room and about half of the living room.

I had my house just about done, then Idaho Lottery changed the paper!  Had to tear them all off and start over.

I keep my extended play tickets in an envelope so I don't get disgusted and accidentally throw them away with draws left.  I know those numbers so I don't have to actually look at them to check them.

The single play tickets I clip together with binder clips according to day of the draw.  So Powerball, Hot Lotto, and Wild Card are all together, etc.  And they're all kept in the drawer of my computer desk.

Deli Smiling Binder Clips ,19mm ,Assorted Colors ,40 Clips per Tub (8487)

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2016, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I remember someone putting it in his shoes or socks and wear them. I don't exactly remember.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5615 Posts
                  Posted: February 7, 2016, 9:53 am - IP Logged

I keep mine in a nifty little wallet the Texas Lottery retailers give out from time-to-time.  I keep the lottery tickets and filled out and extra blank play slips in it, along with a few dollars- my winnings when I'm on a "winning streak". (which means there's usually no money in it).

I don't keep my losing tickets to offset any taxes;  instead I've been using them for wallpaper.  So far I've done my bedroom, the utility room and about half of the living room.

I just use the lottery wallets to carry my playslips and tickets, but once I get home the tix go in my desk drawer.

Those red plastic wallets always tear at the fold, but I like them because they keep the playslips and tix dry when it rains. I did get a blue one a while back that's more like  cloth. I keep it in my truck, but don't use it much because it doesn't fold over like the red one.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                    Texas Panhandle
                    United States
                    Member #136843
                    December 20, 2012
                    1284 Posts
                    Posted: February 7, 2016, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I just use the lottery wallets to carry my playslips and tickets, but once I get home the tix go in my desk drawer.

Those red plastic wallets always tear at the fold, but I like them because they keep the playslips and tix dry when it rains. I did get a blue one a while back that's more like  cloth. I keep it in my truck, but don't use it much because it doesn't fold over like the red one.

I never got a red one, but have several of the blue.  I got one of those fabric-y ones but don't like it either.   A few weeks back I was carrying in groceries during a hard rain and stuck my lottery tickets in my shirt pocket and they still got wet.  Some of the numbers smeared and I fretted that if I won, I'd be the subject of a news story in L.P. about having to sue the Texas Lottery in order to claim my win.  I've got several promotional items the clerks at my preferred store have given me-  a bottle opener, scratcher coins and coozie and was working at that liquor store when Texas first started the lottery and we got a bunch of different items like t-shirts.  At one time, I bet I had at least a hundred different liquor/beer t-shirts, but Texas law prohibited them from being worn by store employees.