Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why does no one get why winners win?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 months ago by Rman313.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2016, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Winners win because it's way too easy for them to win.

I was arguing with an idiot about this where I buy tickets.  They were wondering why the people in TN won Powerball and I told them it was because it was way too easy for them.  All they did was go up to a store clerk and buy 4 QP's!  That's too easy, it's not like they picked those numbers.  This person disagreed that it was too easy even after I told them I had CONFIRMATION from an Illinois Mega Millions winner who actually told me it was way too easy.

I'm tired or arguing with idiots over lottery, no one seems to know how it works or why winners win.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    554 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:04 am - IP Logged

What could be any easier?  Just go in a store and ask for quick picks-walk out with a winning ticket.  Easy money.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #165541
      April 12, 2015
      541 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I was arguing with an idiot about this where I buy tickets.  They were wondering why the people in TN won Powerball and I told them it was because it was way too easy for them.  All they did was go up to a store clerk and buy 4 QP's!  That's too easy, it's not like they picked those numbers.  This person disagreed that it was too easy even after I told them I had CONFIRMATION from an Illinois Mega Millions winner who actually told me it was way too easy.

I'm tired or arguing with idiots over lottery, no one seems to know how it works or why winners win.

Winners win because they won.  Its way to easy to win when you track trends.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:21 am - IP Logged

What could be any easier?  Just go in a store and ask for quick picks-walk out with a winning ticket.  Easy money.

That's just the way it happens.

The winning ticket picks you...you don't pick the winning ticket!

Being at the right place at the right time!

I bought a $5 QP for mega back in Dec 2014. Stuffed it in my wallet and went about the rest of my day not thinking too much more about the ticket. The jackpot for that night's draw was $172 mil. 

The next day, I checked the numbers online before leaving for work.

It was like every story you have ever heard a winner tell about when they discovered that they won. 

1st line had the mega #, 2nd line had 1 of the 5, 3rd line nada, 4th line had 4 of 5, 5th line ziltch.

So I end up with $501.

I had all 5 of 5 + mega # on the same ticket......just not all on the same line

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
          Member #164727
          March 12, 2015
          2512 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:24 am - IP Logged

You're absolutely correct. Every time I buy a couple of QPs, I win the JP. I just can't understand why people make such a fuss over the astronomical odds, they must be idiots.

Crazy      Crazy      Crazy       Crazy         Crazy

United States
            Member #106134
            February 13, 2011
            806 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:47 am - IP Logged

You're absolutely correct. Every time I buy a couple of QPs, I win the JP. I just can't understand why people make such a fuss over the astronomical odds, they must be idiots.

Crazy      Crazy      Crazy       Crazy         Crazy

The odds are only astronomical for all of us who can't win.

For winners odds are 1:1, they'll win no matter what.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
              Green Bay
              United States
              Member #169391
              October 15, 2015
              1243 Posts
              Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Sometimes picking your own numbers does have its downside:

Wisconsin Badger 5 last night.  The pot was $111,000.  Usually when there is a winner, its only one maybe two tickets.  Last night there were six winning tickets.  The numbers were:  5 10 15 20 and 30.  Each ticket is worth $18,500.  If you don't want to split a jackpot, don't pick multiples.  LOL!

Never give up.  Banana

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                Green Bay
                United States
                Member #169391
                October 15, 2015
                1243 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2016, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Winners win because they won.  Its way to easy to win when you track trends.

You're right Lion...I chart trends and patterns.  Haven't hit a jackpot yet, but sometimes I get very very close.

Never give up.  Banana

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49674 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2016, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I Agree! Why does no one get why winners win? Thud

When everyone knows it's because the Numbers on the Ticket they hold Match the Numbers Drawn!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
                    Member #51269
                    April 3, 2007
                    529 Posts
                    Posted: February 6, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Winners win because they're winners.  Simple.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2016, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

here is a thought, for every winner, there are 64 people out there that where 1 number off each number!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: February 6, 2016, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

You're right Lion...I chart trends and patterns.  Haven't hit a jackpot yet, but sometimes I get very very close.

I'm finding trends haven't been reliable at all lately.  Best to just take your chances with a QP or buying tickets in Tennessee.

South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1704 Posts
                          Posted: February 6, 2016, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Winners win because they're winners.  Simple.

If "Winners win, b/c they're winners," then DONALD TRUMP will be the next U.S. President, b/c in a narcissistic winner's mind, the outcome is inevitableBash  Stop

If "Winners win,b/c they're winners" and/or "Winners win, b/c it's way too easy to win", what you're actually saying is that the LAW of ATTRACTION is working in the background, b/c a winner's positive mentality attracts the "Universal Energy" of a winning outcomeSun Smiley

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40348 Posts
                            Posted: February 6, 2016, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I just keep winning so much, I'm exhausted , why do I have to go to the Lottery Office, they should just send checks to my house every day.

If your tired of arguing with idiots, STOP STARTING THE CONVERSATION ABOUT IT!

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
                              Member #51269
                              April 3, 2007
                              529 Posts
                              Posted: February 6, 2016, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

If "Winners win, b/c they're winners," then DONALD TRUMP will be the next U.S. President, b/c in a narcissistic winner's mind, the outcome is inevitableBash  Stop

If "Winners win,b/c they're winners" and/or "Winners win, b/c it's way too easy to win", what you're actually saying is that the LAW of ATTRACTION is working in the background, b/c a winner's positive mentality attracts the "Universal Energy" of a winning outcomeSun Smiley

LAW of ATTRACTION

Donald Trump

My brain just melted.Puke