Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Determining "Hot" Digits

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 months ago by GoogilyMoogily.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
SWMcCaig's avatar - 9b740053d1be538a3bed55bad1c5746d
Broken Arrow, OK
United States
Member #155206
May 11, 2014
1875 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2016, 12:02 am - IP Logged

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but I need to nevertheless. Assume we are looking at the last 4 drawings of Pick-3, how exactly does one determine what qualifies as a "hot" digit? Specifically, I need to know the overall "hottest" digits, but I also need to know the hottest digits by position also. Thanks for any help you can offer.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    815 Posts
    Posted: February 8, 2016, 7:02 am - IP Logged

The hottest digit is the one that hit the most during your target draws.  The coldest digit is the one that hit the least.

Same deal by position -- hottest P1 digit is the one that hit the most at P1, etc.

With only 4 drawings, you might get a 4 digits tied at one hit and the rest at zero.  Then you have to figure out how to break ties, e.g. highest/lowest digit, most recently drawn, etc.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

SWMcCaig's avatar - 9b740053d1be538a3bed55bad1c5746d
      Broken Arrow, OK
      United States
      Member #155206
      May 11, 2014
      1875 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2016, 7:11 am - IP Logged

The hottest digit is the one that hit the most during your target draws.  The coldest digit is the one that hit the least.

Same deal by position -- hottest P1 digit is the one that hit the most at P1, etc.

With only 4 drawings, you might get a 4 digits tied at one hit and the rest at zero.  Then you have to figure out how to break ties, e.g. highest/lowest digit, most recently drawn, etc.

Thank you! This is kind of what I was thinking, but wasn't sure......looking at only the last 4 draws makes it a little hard also.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Texas
        United States
        Member #150797
        December 31, 2013
        815 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2016, 7:42 am - IP Logged

Thank you! This is kind of what I was thinking, but wasn't sure......looking at only the last 4 draws makes it a little hard also.

Why not look at different time frames? 

For example, if you look at last 20, last 15, last 10, last 5 you will probably see some trends there.  This might help determine if your last 4 game hot digits are 1)hot and continuing hot, 2) were hot but have been sliding, 3) were cold and have finally hit.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

new jersey
          United States
          Member #150815
          December 31, 2013
          513 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2016, 8:18 am - IP Logged

u should b embarrassed   plus  u  should  not  play  u  wont  win

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
            New Mexico
            United States
            Member #86099
            January 29, 2010
            11119 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2016, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but I need to nevertheless. Assume we are looking at the last 4 drawings of Pick-3, how exactly does one determine what qualifies as a "hot" digit? Specifically, I need to know the overall "hottest" digits, but I also need to know the hottest digits by position also. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hotdigits are fine but you may want to go back to 10 to 15 games to look at trends,hot digits. 

Example:

Watch for pairs that repeat.  236 may hit a week back . Watch for the next time a 2,3,or 6 hits the other 2 digits may follow.  This happens alot in NM.

Its more of a cycle or weaving of the number patterns.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Lincoln, California
              United States
              Member #167130
              June 27, 2015
              256 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2016, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I favor 10 games; because that is the minimum for all digits to have a chance at hitting and you usually get a number that has hit 3 times and several that do not hit.  Defining hot cold as described by Tialuvslotto lets us display the flame.  I think the results will be directing us to avoid the Recent hot numbers.

A good Excel Setup can let you change the duration with a single cell entry. Expressed as hits or percentages.  A setup showing % over variable game blocks is also possible. 

It is interesting to set up a row or cells that show successive variable blocks. Like looking at 10 game increments over the last 100 games.  It give a floating percentage.  You set the wave length by changing the block size.

Galloway, Ohio
                United States
                Member #163255
                January 24, 2015
                309 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2016, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Based on your membership selection, you can also use system tools to find out that info.  A great help.  LP has many helpers to back up your drawing selections.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4879 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2016, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

A lot of the old timers would say go back 12 draws. At least that is what I have read. However, if say the #6 has hit the most, say 4 times, but those 4 hits were 9,10,11,12 draws back is it still a hot number?  No.

You could always arrange the numbers in order from hotttest to coldest, but you will find it isn't always the hottest numbers that always hit. If that was the case cold numbers would never get hot and vice versa.

Best thing to do is set up a skip-hit chart and track the digits on a daily basis. Pay attention to the number of skips between hits. This will tell you when a number is heating up or cooling down. Some numbers may just stay warm by having a steady 2,3,4 skips rather than hitting 2 or 3 days in a row or say 4 times in 5 days.

Now what about cold numbers? When do you play those? If you have say 3 or 4 numbers that are out 6-10 draws and one hits after 8 skips and two days later another one hits after 8 skips maybe that,s the current trend.

Now what about the number that's out 12-15 days? IGNORE it!!! Now a lot of folks here will say play it because it's cold or due, but what guarentee is that there that it will hit in the next couple days? None. It could very well not hot for another 10 - 12 days. If you played it, well you just lost your $$$.

Now what if that cold number hits, then hits again back to back? Again, ignore it. It may even hit a third time, ignore it, because  this is just a short time correction and will most likely go right back on another cold streak. Look back and see when was the last time it hit. How many skips before then? Example, in Md eve. the #1's last 3 skips are, 16 skips, 1 hit, 11 skips 1 hit, 11 skips 1 hit, 4 skips, hit tonight. See what I mean?

Remember, numbers are like stoves not light switches. In other words, they gradually get hot and gradually get cold. Hot or cold streaks do not happen instantly like a light bulb. Best thing is to just watch your state. See what it does, how it behaves with hot or cold numbers. Example, how many times does a number usually hit in a row? 2, 3, or maybe once in awhile 4? What are other numbers doing right now? They will give you clues.

One thing I like to do on my charts is highlite all the skips that are 5 days or longer. It makes it easier to see the cold numbers. Remember, the numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.
                  Good Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
                    Member #90040
                    April 20, 2010
                    473 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2016, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

A single P3 digit (55 box combinations) gets warm after 15 skips, "hot" after 20 and "super hot" after 30 skips.

The max skip for one digit in any state ever was bellow 40 draws.

Instead of chasing individual digits you should look at groups of digits.

How all groups of x-digits have performed in the past and which group(s) have the most chance to hit all 3 digits next time.

You definitely need a powerful software for this kind of tracking.

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #150797
                      December 31, 2013
                      815 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2016, 7:38 am - IP Logged

A lot of the old timers would say go back 12 draws. At least that is what I have read. However, if say the #6 has hit the most, say 4 times, but those 4 hits were 9,10,11,12 draws back is it still a hot number?  No.

You could always arrange the numbers in order from hotttest to coldest, but you will find it isn't always the hottest numbers that always hit. If that was the case cold numbers would never get hot and vice versa.

Best thing to do is set up a skip-hit chart and track the digits on a daily basis. Pay attention to the number of skips between hits. This will tell you when a number is heating up or cooling down. Some numbers may just stay warm by having a steady 2,3,4 skips rather than hitting 2 or 3 days in a row or say 4 times in 5 days.

Now what about cold numbers? When do you play those? If you have say 3 or 4 numbers that are out 6-10 draws and one hits after 8 skips and two days later another one hits after 8 skips maybe that,s the current trend.

Now what about the number that's out 12-15 days? IGNORE it!!! Now a lot of folks here will say play it because it's cold or due, but what guarentee is that there that it will hit in the next couple days? None. It could very well not hot for another 10 - 12 days. If you played it, well you just lost your $$$.

Now what if that cold number hits, then hits again back to back? Again, ignore it. It may even hit a third time, ignore it, because  this is just a short time correction and will most likely go right back on another cold streak. Look back and see when was the last time it hit. How many skips before then? Example, in Md eve. the #1's last 3 skips are, 16 skips, 1 hit, 11 skips 1 hit, 11 skips 1 hit, 4 skips, hit tonight. See what I mean?

Remember, numbers are like stoves not light switches. In other words, they gradually get hot and gradually get cold. Hot or cold streaks do not happen instantly like a light bulb. Best thing is to just watch your state. See what it does, how it behaves with hot or cold numbers. Example, how many times does a number usually hit in a row? 2, 3, or maybe once in awhile 4? What are other numbers doing right now? They will give you clues.

One thing I like to do on my charts is highlite all the skips that are 5 days or longer. It makes it easier to see the cold numbers. Remember, the numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.
                      Good Luck!!!

"Now what about the number that's out 12-15 days? IGNORE it!!! Now a lot of folks here will say play it because it's cold or due, but what guarantee is that there that it will hit in the next couple days? None. It could very well not hit for another 10 - 12 days. If you played it, well you just lost your $$$."

Pay attention, folks!  This is excellent advice from grwurston.  Hyper

The game gives us many opportunities to play 3 out of only 9 (or even 8)digits -- maybe this is the edge that will make the difference?  Personally, don't play digits that haven't hit in 7 days.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Albany, GA
                        United States
                        Member #100611
                        November 15, 2010
                        10164 Posts
                        Posted: February 10, 2016, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

"Now what about the number that's out 12-15 days? IGNORE it!!! Now a lot of folks here will say play it because it's cold or due, but what guarantee is that there that it will hit in the next couple days? None. It could very well not hit for another 10 - 12 days. If you played it, well you just lost your $$$."

Pay attention, folks!  This is excellent advice from grwurston.  Hyper

The game gives us many opportunities to play 3 out of only 9 (or even 8)digits -- maybe this is the edge that will make the difference?  Personally, don't play digits that haven't hit in 7 days.

I disagree. I only play cold/due digits and do quite well in mapping out straight hits.  I chart back 30 days, using separate (not combined) data for each draw. If a digit has not hit in any given position for 30 days or more, you better be on it because it's coming. It comes down to a matter of preference, but personally, I never play hot digits, avoid them like the plague.

backwoods ga
                          United States
                          Member #155844
                          May 31, 2014
                          1896 Posts
                          Posted: February 11, 2016, 1:36 am - IP Logged

I disagree. I only play cold/due digits and do quite well in mapping out straight hits.  I chart back 30 days, using separate (not combined) data for each draw. If a digit has not hit in any given position for 30 days or more, you better be on it because it's coming. It comes down to a matter of preference, but personally, I never play hot digits, avoid them like the plague.

kalo35 I can't believe u finally gave up your technique. omg. Folks been wanting your althoritm for years. I know I have. let me screenshot this fast. Thanks.

sharing is caring. When it come from someone who is good.

I respect your pick4 gangsta..

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

Albany, GA
                            United States
                            Member #100611
                            November 15, 2010
                            10164 Posts
                            Posted: February 11, 2016, 1:39 am - IP Logged

kalo35 I can't believe u finally gave up your technique. omg. Folks been wanting your althoritm for years. I know I have. let me screenshot this fast. Thanks.

sharing is caring. When it come from someone who is good.

I respect your pick4 gangsta..

lol

Albany, GA
                              United States
                              Member #100611
                              November 15, 2010
                              10164 Posts
                              Posted: February 11, 2016, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

But I always said it was due digits by position, simple as that. I don't know why, but some folks get riled up when I tell them I don't do hot triads, apply any magical formulas, or pay any attention to numerical sums when making my predictions. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but at least you can get a pretty good idea of how to arrange the order of the combos without having to flat out guess to solve any unknown X factor(s) Glen McKinnie is very adept at this system also.