Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick pick or Self pick?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 9 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Quick pick or Self pick?

I always pick my numbers [ 14 ]  [25.45%]
I always buy quick pick [ 8 ]  [14.55%]
Some QP & some self pick [ 33 ]  [60.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 55 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
877 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2016, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Purchasing tickets for multiple drawing is fine because the second prize is nice, but most drawings don't produce jackpot winners.

I suppose if that restaurant in NJ that thought they had the winning Powerball ticket had purchased a multi-draw ticket, they would have really won. But, they had a ticket that matched the winning numbers from the previous game draw.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    554 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2016, 8:45 am - IP Logged

60-40 Quick picks and self picks.

I wish my state had "mix & match" like Georgia and I think it's Texas or Florida.

In other words, say you pick 3 numbers and the terminal picks the other three.

SC lets you do that too.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2016, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Does playing the numbers from a fortune cookie count as self pick or quick pick?

The other night we had Chinese food for dinner and are playing the numbers from the fortune cookie for Mega and Power Ball.

I will let you  know if I had any hits.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2016, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Depending on my budget I usually try to get both.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Portland, OR
          United States
          Member #145973
          August 20, 2013
          226 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2016, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

No QPs.  I make my own luck.  Sweeter that way too.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Portland, OR
            United States
            Member #145973
            August 20, 2013
            226 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2016, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Self-pick, The MeatMan.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
              Member #57793
              January 19, 2008
              2325 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2016, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Big Grin     Q Ps . ONLY...       Big Grin

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                Member #567
                August 14, 2002
                482 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2016, 11:49 am - IP Logged

The truth is that the numbers are ONLY used to identify the balls and distinguish the balls from one another.  No mathematical formula is going to predict the Powerball lottery game.  For example, the balls selected from Wednesday's Powerball drawing were 10, 12, 13, 46, 50 and red ball 21.  if you picked 9, 11, 14, 45, 49, and red ball 20, you were no closer to the jackpot that if someone had picked 1,2,3,4,5 and Powerball 10.  You either matched those balls or you didn't.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  877 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2016, 9:37 am - IP Logged

The truth is that the numbers are ONLY used to identify the balls and distinguish the balls from one another.  No mathematical formula is going to predict the Powerball lottery game.  For example, the balls selected from Wednesday's Powerball drawing were 10, 12, 13, 46, 50 and red ball 21.  if you picked 9, 11, 14, 45, 49, and red ball 20, you were no closer to the jackpot that if someone had picked 1,2,3,4,5 and Powerball 10.  You either matched those balls or you didn't.

Good point, but we like to think that we came that close to winning.

The Meatman