Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do we know that the drawings are happening live?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 11 months ago by SilverLion.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Tulsa
United States
Member #172877
February 7, 2016
131 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2016, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Are we all just supposed to assume that they are live just because the lottery organization says they are?  I wish they would show something in the lead in that would solidify that these drawings are happening in real time.  For all we know they could be recorded "live" an hour before and then edited and broadcast to us at the designated time.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
    Member #164727
    March 12, 2015
    2685 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2016, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Great points !

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5762 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2016, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Are we all just supposed to assume that they are live just because the lottery organization says they are?  I wish they would show something in the lead in that would solidify that these drawings are happening in real time.  For all we know they could be recorded "live" an hour before and then edited and broadcast to us at the designated time.

Worrying about whether they are lying about live draws is a waste.

Your state is a RNG state. I would be more worried about that.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        WA
        United States
        Member #122238
        January 27, 2012
        180 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2016, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Worrying about whether they are lying about live draws is a waste.

Your state is a RNG state. I would be more worried about that.

enough said. Lottery is a system, whether you like it or not. When it is a system, it has to work in favor of those who created it.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2016, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Tulsa
            United States
            Member #172877
            February 7, 2016
            131 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2016, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

If it's a system and not a straight up fair game regardless of where you are from then what is the point of playing?

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4580 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2016, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

I think live televised does have a five second delay (check the fcc guidelines). 

For my states evening draws are witnessed by citizens. So unless 365 witnesses are lying ... I'm apt to believe the five second delay time still shows the verified drawing. 

For the major games: mega and pb, not sure even where they air it from and how the witness's are chosen .

Whos to say that our post are time stamped correctly ? Seriously at some point these suspcions just fuel an unhealthy mindset.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5762 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2016, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I think live televised does have a five second delay (check the fcc guidelines). 

For my states evening draws are witnessed by citizens. So unless 365 witnesses are lying ... I'm apt to believe the five second delay time still shows the verified drawing. 

For the major games: mega and pb, not sure even where they air it from and how the witness's are chosen .

Whos to say that our post are time stamped correctly ? Seriously at some point these suspcions just fuel an unhealthy mindset.

Unfortunately, there are some who just feel the need to create a conspiracy over anything.

Hey, it keeps Reynolds in business so those folks can keep making foil hats!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #150797
                  December 31, 2013
                  822 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2016, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Actually, its not even the Lottery organization who does the draw -- they have contracted it out to those people who faked the moon landing footage!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #18322
                    July 9, 2005
                    1744 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2016, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I recall watching on some videotape on either the NC or SC lottery websites, that both Midday and Evening drawings were drawn at the same time in advance of the actual scheduled "Live Drawings",and videotaped to be aired "Live" at the appropriate time.  Of course, I can't find that videotape on either of the NC or SC websites anymore.

Does this procedure sound familiar or plausible to anyone -  Videotaping both drawings in advance, to be aired "Live" at a later time ??? Can some states actually legally handle it this way ???

This would mean that the Evening Drawing can be handled in the morning after the Midday drawing, both videotaped, and aired "Live" at the appropriate Midday and Evening time slots [pre-recorded].

Do you really think that the 3rd party Lottery auditor [Thomas & Gibbs in NC]hangs out at the state lottery headquarters everyday waiting around for each "Live"  "on-air"drawing to take place on TV, just because they are required to be on the premises when the drawing happens ??? If this is the case, The auditor must have an office in the state lottery building.

I think that the auditor is there when the 2 drawings actually happen [Videotaped], but not necessarily present on the premises when the drawings are aired "Live" on TV, in which case each state should just say that the drawings are videotaped [pre-recorded] and not "Live" drawings. 

"Live Drawings" means taking place in the exact moment in time that the event is actually happening. Like the Oscars are Live, and not pre-recorded.

If the Evening drawing actually happens in the morning, then it is not a "future event", and intuitive type of people  and  remote viewers can more easily ascertain a winning number for the evening drawing, b/c the Evening numbers have already been drawn in the morning [it's a past event that has already occurred]. Does this Logic make sense ??  Blue Thinking

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3502 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2016, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Some people are really lucky that breathing is an automatic process that doesn't require a lick of intelligence.

Tulsa
                        United States
                        Member #172877
                        February 7, 2016
                        131 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2016, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

And a lot of people are quick to believe things to be true just because someone else tells you so.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                          Happyland
                          United States
                          Member #146344
                          September 1, 2013
                          1131 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Even "live" news broadcasts have delays.....thought everyone knew that......

Not sure the significance of numbers being broadcast at 10:00 vs. 10:01. The numbers that were drawn at 10:00 would still shown up when you see the video at 10:01, or 11:59 for that matter. An event is an event, the time that it occurs does not matter because the event has happened and is irreversible.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Winner
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #155844
                            May 31, 2014
                            1926 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2016, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Go lottery midday and evening draws and mega millions is live in a studio. Directly behind the news desk.   No green screen. No editing. All live.  I go to a few draws a month. 

Anyone can go see live draw.  If u want to roll with me and u in GA. Inbox me

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
                              Member #164727
                              March 12, 2015
                              2685 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2016, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Even "live" news broadcasts have delays.....thought everyone knew that......

Not sure the significance of numbers being broadcast at 10:00 vs. 10:01. The numbers that were drawn at 10:00 would still shown up when you see the video at 10:01, or 11:59 for that matter. An event is an event, the time that it occurs does not matter because the event has happened and is irreversible.

Not sure if their contention is for the reason you state in your quote above. The concern is whether what they show the public is only the outcome they could have easily manipulated two hours prior. How do we know for sure that video wasn't one of ten simulated drawings chosen as the best one to fit their agenda?