Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do we know that the drawings are happening live?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 9 months ago by SilverLion.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
Happyland
United States
Member #146344
September 1, 2013
1129 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2016, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Not sure the significance of numbers being broadcast at 10:00 vs. 10:01. The numbers that were drawn at 10:00 would still shown up when you see the video at 10:01, or 11:59 for that matter. An event is an event, the time that it occurs does not matter because the event has happened and is irreversible.

Not sure if their contention is for the reason you state in your quote above. The concern is whether what they show the public is only the outcome they could have easily manipulated two hours prior. How do we know for sure that video wasn't one of ten simulated drawings chosen as the best one to fit their agenda?

Why would they even need to manipulate anything when simple math and probability does the work for them?

They have literally nothing to gain from cheating the public.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
    Jacksonville, Florida
    United States
    Member #140364
    March 17, 2013
    195 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2016, 12:36 am - IP Logged

I think live televised does have a five second delay (check the fcc guidelines). 

For my states evening draws are witnessed by citizens. So unless 365 witnesses are lying ... I'm apt to believe the five second delay time still shows the verified drawing. 

For the major games: mega and pb, not sure even where they air it from and how the witness's are chosen .

Whos to say that our post are time stamped correctly ? Seriously at some point these suspcions just fuel an unhealthy mindset.

I believe PB is currently drawn in Florida. Florida as a certified LEO standing by along with some other big wig person. They do their machine checks one hour before and If I recall they can have a live audience for the draw at request.

Jan Powerball pool contributions -$194 + $38 win = - $156 Net;  Feb -$320 TBD

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2016, 3:13 am - IP Logged

"How do we know for sure that video wasn't one of ten simulated drawings chosen as the best one to fit their agenda?"

I've got no idea how (or if) you know any particular thing. Most people who aren't morons or victims of mental illness know that conspiracies that involve dozens or even hundreds or people only happen in movies. In real life conspiracies that involve just a few people usually unravel before very long, even when everybody involved has something to lose when they unravel.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5593 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2016, 8:35 am - IP Logged

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

When we're discussing games with odds like Lotto, MM, or PB, or even Cash 5, they don't need to fix or rig anything. The odds do that for them. Even daily games like Pick 3 and Pick 4. It's pretty hard to hit those games with a straight or boxed on a consistent basis. Or even once in a while.

Now, with RNG states, it's been shown it's possible. But, it's gonna be a lot harder for someone now because lotteries with RNG's really have their guard up.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3854 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2016, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Why would they even need to manipulate anything when simple math and probability does the work for them?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This !

If I thought any game was rigged I just wouldn't play.

RNG = DNP

Vote with your wallet.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
            Member #164727
            March 12, 2015
            2517 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2016, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

"How do we know for sure that video wasn't one of ten simulated drawings chosen as the best one to fit their agenda?"

I've got no idea how (or if) you know any particular thing. Most people who aren't morons or victims of mental illness know that conspiracies that involve dozens or even hundreds or people only happen in movies. In real life conspiracies that involve just a few people usually unravel before very long, even when everybody involved has something to lose when they unravel.

So which one do you fall under? Moron or mental illness?

For years the Government denied the existence of Area 51 until the mid 80's when the pressure from the people's outcry for truth became too much for them to deny. They finally admitted the place existed, even though many people were already filming the place from a high mountain 26 miles away from the site long before the admission. 

Would you like me to show you a long list of the disingenuous activities conducted by various Government groups who've fooled you and millions of others for decades, or would you like to start eating your hat now? Then maybe the employees at your Ward may give you a break by allowing you to live one week in your padded room without wearing a straight jacket.

Try not to be a sheeple Noob all your like huh?

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
              Member #164727
              March 12, 2015
              2517 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2016, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Because even though they have the upper hand, they are greedy and want more. Why do they only pay 50% of the odds in p-3? Why not pay the true payout the bookies  been doing all over the world for like forever which is 90%. They would still make a ton of money at 90% because 95% of the people lose. But that's not good enough for them.

Think about it. They have a list of all the bets made on a computer. They can use a particular draw that has a winner that will match the least to the overall bets placed, thus making the most profit. 

Why perform so many pre tests and post tests if they are so sure of themselves as you say? Many claim it's to make sure the machine is working properly, yeah ok, I have a bridge to sell you really cheap. Are you going to tell me the machine has a 100% chance of NOT breaking down at the time of the real drawing because they did all those pre tests and post tests? Really? A machine will break down now matter how many pre and post test you do.

Let's say, just for example, they do 20 pre tests, and 20 post tests, and during the "real drawing" the machine breaks down. What will they do? They'll redo the drawing with another machine right? So what did they accomplish with all those tests? NOTHING !

The other reason people say is to make sure the machines aren't tampered with. Roll the machines into a vault with a camera pointing at it when it sits overnight...duh !

Sorry, but I've learned to not trust just about anyone involved with positions pertaining to political or state officials who are involved with revenues. Their ONLY goal is to boost as much revenue so they look good, keep their jobs, and climb the corporate ladder. They don't give two chickens about you or me.

Tulsa
                United States
                Member #172877
                February 7, 2016
                131 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I want to go to one of these live drawings for the MM or PB if they are open to the public.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22891 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2016, 6:15 am - IP Logged

I don't have a problem with draws being broadcast live...let them tape them, show them at a later time - within the hour, then

discard them. Have the witness, which, btw when something goes wrong they look like they're not much witness to anything

in their power to control or object to anyway.

I have a real problem with pre-draws. IF the machine malfunctions, let it do it on the first draw. Five or MORE attempts at assuring

the equipment is working properly is insane. I've read some lottery preparations take hours each day before the drawing occurs.

The states that practice this garbage are throwing out true numbers. Fairness does not lie in a working machine, it lies in the

FIRST RESULT. How they can just pitch any results is beyond me as to how it is legal...they hide behind the excuse that they

want everyone to feel good in knowing the machinery works? The heck with that, just give me the first result out...if it breaks

down midway, do it again....don't tell me though that if it breaks down after the 3rd ball (in p3) is drawn that the result is void.

That goes the same for any other game. Mechanical integrity to me isn't as important as keeping things fair and honest.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                    Jacksonville, Florida
                    United States
                    Member #140364
                    March 17, 2013
                    195 Posts
                    Posted: February 29, 2016, 8:25 am - IP Logged

I want to go to one of these live drawings for the MM or PB if they are open to the public.

Drawings for POWERBALL®, FLORIDA LOTTO®, LUCKY MONEY™, FANTASY 5™, PLAY 4™ and CASH 3®are held at the Florida Lottery draw studio, located at 250 Marriott Drive in Tallahassee. These drawings are open to the public. For more information or to schedule your attendance, please contact the Florida Lottery's Customer Service Division, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at (850) 487-7787. A photo ID is required for access to the Florida Lottery building.

Jan Powerball pool contributions -$194 + $38 win = - $156 Net;  Feb -$320 TBD

Slovenia
                      Member #172924
                      February 9, 2016
                      46 Posts
                      Posted: February 29, 2016, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

So which one do you fall under? Moron or mental illness?

For years the Government denied the existence of Area 51 until the mid 80's when the pressure from the people's outcry for truth became too much for them to deny. They finally admitted the place existed, even though many people were already filming the place from a high mountain 26 miles away from the site long before the admission. 

Would you like me to show you a long list of the disingenuous activities conducted by various Government groups who've fooled you and millions of others for decades, or would you like to start eating your hat now? Then maybe the employees at your Ward may give you a break by allowing you to live one week in your padded room without wearing a straight jacket.

Try not to be a sheeple Noob all your like huh?

I don't see your point as you have just demonstrated that they were unable to keep area 51 a secret. On top of that, people already knew long before it was officially acknowledged as they could directly see it. Which is why it makes sense to talk about how the government denied it since if people didn't know already, there would be nothing to so adamantly deny. If they were being successful in covering it up, there would be nothing in the minds of the people that the government would have to officially deny. But since they weren't successful, they had to deny it when people started asking questions. 

In the lottery business however, lottery officials don't have to deny anything as there is no serious public outcry as there was for area 51. Because in this case, there is nothing but logical assertions and justified motives as to why lotteries would be cheating, but no evidence that one can deny. Of course if a journalist asks them they deny it, but they have no need to make any official statements about it or even deny it in the court as the government had to regarding area 51.

People are too stupid to keep such secrets for long periods of time, especially when large numbers of participants are involved, which is why there are only a handful of confirmed conspiracies.

Lotteries are one of the businesses that have very little need to cheat. If they are greedy and need more money, they can completely legally add a ball or two to the drawing machine. People don't care if the odds are one in fifty or one in sixty million. Especially when the jackpot is bigger in the latter case. Why would lottery officials get themselves involved in such risky an potentially life ruining scams when there is such a profitable, legal alternative that other businesses can only dream about. 

On top of that, the numbers of winners are as expected for every prize tier if we do the math. And any randomness test finds nothing unusual if we run it on past drawing results (we did that at uni).

Tulsa
                        United States
                        Member #172877
                        February 7, 2016
                        131 Posts
                        Posted: February 29, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I guarantee you that there would be public outcry if there was enough evidence to show that the game was, in fact, not random.  A little hard for the average citizen to get any information on that as we can't go behind the curtain.  I still believe that there are numbers that are known ahead of time that are dispersed in ways beneficial to the lottery and detrimental to the majority of players.  Ever buy a bunch of QPs to see a lot of repeated numbers?  None of which are drawn or are drawn with numbers that you don't have on any of your other tickets?  Is that mere coincidence, randomness, happenstance or whatever you want to call it.  Even though there are large odds to mathematically protect themselves, it does not mean that they do not have other measures in hand to limit the number of winners to what they can pay out.  The only way to beat it is to have certain numbers that you pick forcing the machine to play. We already know that one of the two winners that have come forward in the last drawing won with their own numbers.  It will be interesting to see what the 3rd winner's ticket looks like.  Also, is the lottery gaining any short term interest with the money they are holding?  That, in itself, is reason enough to stretch jackpots out just to the point of suspicion.  When there is money involved then anything is possible.  You have to look no further than standardized testing in public schools and the amount of money spent on it by people in charge to know that money changes all of the rules.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                          Member #165541
                          April 12, 2015
                          541 Posts
                          Posted: February 29, 2016, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Are we all just supposed to assume that they are live just because the lottery organization says they are?  I wish they would show something in the lead in that would solidify that these drawings are happening in real time.  For all we know they could be recorded "live" an hour before and then edited and broadcast to us at the designated time.

We don't really know I suppose.  My state used to have live drawings on broadcast t.v.  But they moved to online showings.

The website claims, Watch live drawings every night of the week!!!

However I find that more than just a few nights a weeks, nothing.