Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning ticket

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 months ago by Teddi.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6305 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2016, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

This is exactly how I feel.  As far as anonymity, I wouldn't get any as Oklahoma would not allow it.  I would just get the ticket turned in, breathe a sigh of relief and begin the rest of my life.

There have been several jackpot winner who claimed via trust. WJW Investment Trust Oklahoma  Heritage Trust Oklahoma & The End of the Rainbow Trust Oklahoma all claimed VIA trust and their attorney released a statement on their behalves.                                   

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Tulsa
    United States
    Member #172877
    February 7, 2016
    131 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2016, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

There have been several jackpot winner who claimed via trust. WJW Investment Trust Oklahoma  Heritage Trust Oklahoma & The End of the Rainbow Trust Oklahoma all claimed VIA trust and their attorney released a statement on their behalves.                                   

A jackpot win for myself would be far too complicated to relegate it to a trust.  Also, I'm not too concerned with people knowing who I am.  I would probably not stay in Oklahoma for much longer.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10392 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2016, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

When you bring your winning ticket to the Lottery Office. How would you react at the moment the officials place your ticket into the validation machine and it is verified? What would you do? Scream? Cry? Kiss your loved ones?

This

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
        Green Bay
        United States
        Member #169391
        October 15, 2015
        1279 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2016, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Just my luck, at that very moment, my wife would wake me up to go to work.

Never give up.  Banana

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
          Member #71120
          February 19, 2009
          1209 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2016, 6:13 am - IP Logged

One thing I never have to worry about here...

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
            Happy California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1550 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2016, 6:48 am - IP Logged

One thing I never have to worry about here...

TnTicketlosers, Your numbers are just as good as any others. Keep hope alive.

Type

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

woody4591's avatar - woodywoodpecker
              Morristown, NJ
              United States
              Member #172032
              January 14, 2016
              59 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2016, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I'd give ticket to my two kids and let them deal with all the BS that comes with winning. For a price of course! Lease me a new car every year, buy me a condo on a golf course, and say $4,000 a month. But that's if win is ten million or more. Right now I'd settle for a couple nice pick-4 hits.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1203 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2016, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

When you bring your winning ticket to the Lottery Office. How would you react at the moment the officials place your ticket into the validation machine and it is verified? What would you do? Scream? Cry? Kiss your loved ones?

Wet myself seems like a perfectly good option that wasn't mentioned. 

Its all well and good for me to claim I'll be calm and stoic, the same way I act superior in the checkout line while all my healthy food is being rung up, knowing I have a bag of Snickers waiting for me in the car.

I can do the perfectly composed genteel lady bit in the office, but I'll be screaming like a deranged banshee in the car. I'm only going to win once, might as well do the full gamut of emotions