Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

doubles

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 8 months ago by lakerben.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
lakerben's avatar - spherewall
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11117 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2016, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Nm p3 is all over the map with 484,778,666 etc.  I look at the gaps,pair sums etc when I decide to use pairs.  Sometimes it's more of flow thing than a actual percentage.  Consecutive numbers sometimes trip doubles but a good way to see if you have lmh numbers.

I look at what doubles can produce and not to get to caught up in that a double happened in the first place.

Example

Nm 818, now I add and get sum of 17. 

What adds up to 8 since it's a part of the double. 4,4,  1,7, 2,6, 3,5.  Six hit with 7 draw 067 two draws earlier. Its a good thing to use recent pairs.  Mirror the seven and 2,6 is our pair from the double.  The next draw 265.  And 710 is the mirror . Hmm remember the sum 17?  Funny how these numbers work.

And 484 hit recently in nm eve game. Again what do the 4's and the 8 have in common?  2,6.  And 666 hit before that and the vtracs have 1,6 in them.  Combine the work and BAM, 261 hit last night.  Its a competition between the game and myself not a percentage.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Madison, WI
    United States
    Member #172977
    February 11, 2016
    515 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Still unsure of yourself Wi3054 ? That's OK. 

Wi eve had 111 doubles in the last 366 draws. Thats 30.33 % of the 366. 

Of the 111 doubles at night, there were 27 occasions of Bk to Bk (or more) doubles in a row.

If you have to consider that it took at least 2 doubles to effect those numbers then 2x 27 is 54 doubles!  That's not even counting the times you had 3 or 4 doubles in a row. 

How many times in your world do 54 doubles go into 111 ?  That's right. 

During a years time in most 365 games there will be approx 99+/- doubles and around HALF(+/-) of them will be touching.

Ok. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have not intentionally distorted the math here. Although you were careful with your language at the end so I suspect you did.

Your last statement is correct. About half of the doubles will be touching.

That is very different than saying doubles will repeat about half the time. But you already knew this, didn't you?. What you were talking about earlier was the probability of a double coming after a double, which is the only way it is useful as you are making your prediction after the first of the doubles.

Now, let's do the math right, in a way that is actually useful for what you were suggesting:

111 doubles overall

27 occasions of a double following a double. (If there were any instances of 3 doubles in a row then maybe one or two more here, but doesn't really affect the point here)

Meaning only 27 times did a double come directly after another double.

27/111=About 24%

We can say this: Over the past year in Wisconsin, when a double was drawn, about 24% of the time the next draw included a double.

Edibs3's avatar - not found.png
      Saint Martinville
      United States
      Member #155819
      May 30, 2014
      283 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2016, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

It's all perspective Wis3054 . There is nothing new under the Sun.

Now, admit something. The next time you see 5,6 or even  7 of the last doubles that hit were all alone and standing there as single doubles,  what then? What will you think about then? The next time a double hits. Standing all by it self. 

That's right. You are going to think about playing for a BK to BK double. You bet. If not, then you're in the wrong forum. Because this is a betting tool. Betting requires risk. In this game it's all we have to go on. Tools just like this one. This is a good one as well. 

What else would compel one to go against such overwhelming odds?  We are gamblers after all, and armed with our bag of tricks. Logic dictates we play something else.

*Sometimes I feel like my Brain has too many Tabs open.

bgonçalves
        Brasil
        Member #92564
        June 9, 2010
        2122 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2016, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Hello you can split 0-9
          30% = 30% 1,2,3 4,5,6 and 40% 7,8,9,0
        A = 1,2,3
        B = 4,5,6
          C = 7,8,9,0
        Ab, ac, bc
        Example 478 bc = 47
        other =
        249 = ab 24

Maine
          United States
          Member #99
          January 27, 2002
          1013 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2016, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Tell me what your "doubles" picks will be tonight for Maryland

1> Combined Draws at 13 draws without a double

2> Longest out doubles 66,22,44,33

3> Longest out 2nd digits 1,8,5,0

4> Longest out short sums 1,7,9

My picks for tonight:  Limited budget play the highlighted short sums only 1,7,9

Maryland

052 last nite...no double, but there is a 2

22 is out 128 day games

17 even numbers in first position out of 20 last day and nite games

92 front pair out 248 day games

22  will play soon, so I would play it with an odd first number until it hits...

122 322 522 722 922 and especially play 922

gl

If it wasn't impossible I wouldn't even consider it!

Edibs3's avatar - not found.png
            Saint Martinville
            United States
            Member #155819
            May 30, 2014
            283 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2016, 10:59 am - IP Logged

052 last nite...no double, but there is a 2

22 is out 128 day games

17 even numbers in first position out of 20 last day and nite games

92 front pair out 248 day games

22  will play soon, so I would play it with an odd first number until it hits...

122 322 522 722 922 and especially play 922

gl

Very nice MD breakdown ALX. 

One thing that might be something. Actually, it's a Pretty tall filter stack. A 50/50 Combined that is. 

The last 6 doubles 50/50 have all been mostly/to All outs. Hurts a couple of our normal assumption filters I know.

012(34567)89   that 017 seven digit is an IN digit. Looking like a good repeat digit too.  Darn it. LOL 

Always seems to be a trend current going back the other way isn't there?

* If it's any consolation ALX, call me superstitious, but if its a toss up between combined draws and separate, I'm going with separate.

Well, maybe I'm not super-stitious,  but I am a little stitious. 

*Sometimes I feel like my Brain has too many Tabs open.

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
              Texas
              United States
              Member #150797
              December 31, 2013
              815 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2016, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

73% of the time the Double digit will NOT be a repeat from the previous draw.  27% of the time it will be a repeat.  So you can eliminate the 3 digits in the last draw and be right about 7 times in 10.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                Winning makes me smile.
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                4862 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2016, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

73% of the time the Double digit will NOT be a repeat from the previous draw.  27% of the time it will be a repeat.  So you can eliminate the 3 digits in the last draw and be right about 7 times in 10.

I did some research a few years back. 72% of the time a double will be a digit that has no more than 3 misses since it last hit. 63% of the time it will be a digit with 2 misses or less. This was over a 5 1/2 year period using 640 and 649 doubles on mid and eve respectively.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11117 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2016, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Very nice MD breakdown ALX. 

One thing that might be something. Actually, it's a Pretty tall filter stack. A 50/50 Combined that is. 

The last 6 doubles 50/50 have all been mostly/to All outs. Hurts a couple of our normal assumption filters I know.

012(34567)89   that 017 seven digit is an IN digit. Looking like a good repeat digit too.  Darn it. LOL 

Always seems to be a trend current going back the other way isn't there?

* If it's any consolation ALX, call me superstitious, but if its a toss up between combined draws and separate, I'm going with separate.

Well, maybe I'm not super-stitious,  but I am a little stitious. 

Is this Wind?  I recognize the lingo . 

But what does it matter when/if a double hits?  Its what you do with it.  Do you make pairs with the factors of the double.  Do you break down the numbers like my previous example.  Now that is how you win not.

If not just endless banter about percentages and nothing.  I'm spinning in circles. There is a 88% chance of the sky falling if you look hard enough.

If you want a real logical percentage in the lotto it's 100% either you win or lose.  All these other 27%,38.9% etc. Are bs.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Madison, WI
                    United States
                    Member #172977
                    February 11, 2016
                    515 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2016, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

It's all perspective Wis3054 . There is nothing new under the Sun.

Now, admit something. The next time you see 5,6 or even  7 of the last doubles that hit were all alone and standing there as single doubles,  what then? What will you think about then? The next time a double hits. Standing all by it self. 

That's right. You are going to think about playing for a BK to BK double. You bet. If not, then you're in the wrong forum. Because this is a betting tool. Betting requires risk. In this game it's all we have to go on. Tools just like this one. This is a good one as well. 

What else would compel one to go against such overwhelming odds?  We are gamblers after all, and armed with our bag of tricks. Logic dictates we play something else.

Nope Edibs3, the fact that doubles might hit alone 5, 6, or even 7 times in a row will not cause me to think any differently about playing for a back to back doubles. I still believe the probability of a double showing would be 27%. If I'm playing doubles I'm playing doubles. I'm not doing it based on what yesterday's or the last 7 days draws were.

Where are the overwhelming odds you are talking about???

United States
                      Member #116344
                      September 8, 2011
                      3921 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2016, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Nope Edibs3, the fact that doubles might hit alone 5, 6, or even 7 times in a row will not cause me to think any differently about playing for a back to back doubles. I still believe the probability of a double showing would be 27%. If I'm playing doubles I'm playing doubles. I'm not doing it based on what yesterday's or the last 7 days draws were.

Where are the overwhelming odds you are talking about???

Is probability, hence parametric percentile  a predictive tool or a waging strategy? If you subscribe to premise of the game, then I guess Forward-testing should be your approach. Parametric stats are facts with underlying nuances.Understanding this is the key to selecting picks, saying doubles occurs 28% is a statement of fact(The sky is blue, but blue has different shades).

United States
                        Member #116344
                        September 8, 2011
                        3921 Posts
                        Posted: April 2, 2016, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Is probability, hence parametric percentile  a predictive tool or a waging strategy? If you subscribe to premise of the game, then I guess Forward-testing should be your approach. Parametric stats are facts with underlying nuances.Understanding this is the key to selecting picks, saying doubles occurs 28% is a statement of fact(The sky is blue, but blue has different shades).

We're all aware of the most powerful tool in statistics- THE STANDARD DEVIATION, we seem to forget when we quote percentiles. Your 28% of doubles may have a percentile range of 24-32 , how do you factor this in selecting picks or waging?

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #150797
                          December 31, 2013
                          815 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2016, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I did some research a few years back. 72% of the time a double will be a digit that has no more than 3 misses since it last hit. 63% of the time it will be a digit with 2 misses or less. This was over a 5 1/2 year period using 640 and 649 doubles on mid and eve respectively.

The median skip of P3 digits is 2, so 50% of the time the DD should be a digit at skip 0,1, or 2 (ie, hit in the last, last 2 or last 3 draws).  The other 50% of the time the DD will be a digit with a longer skip than 2.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
                            NJ
                            United States
                            Member #165922
                            April 27, 2015
                            3335 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2016, 7:23 am - IP Logged

Is this Wind?  I recognize the lingo . 

But what does it matter when/if a double hits?  Its what you do with it.  Do you make pairs with the factors of the double.  Do you break down the numbers like my previous example.  Now that is how you win not.

If not just endless banter about percentages and nothing.  I'm spinning in circles. There is a 88% chance of the sky falling if you look hard enough.

If you want a real logical percentage in the lotto it's 100% either you win or lose.  All these other 27%,38.9% etc. Are bs.

Hey Dick Tracy, I also recognize the font size (gets bigger to illustrate a point) and the text color green Win D favors.

BTW, Win D has become the LP version of Elvis with numerous sightings recently.

WIN D's avatar - q05Q0
                            Stone Mountain*Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #828
                            November 2, 2002
                            10491 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2014, 9:32 am - IP LoggedFavorites

Tip number 1.

If your missing digit is an ODD Digit ..... best chances are to assume the digit winning number will come as a .....MOSTLY to ALL ODD number

Anyone know why? 

Same for missing an EVEN Digit........... best chances are ......it will win as an Mostly to ALL Even number

Those are a couple of really big filters for ya...... especially if you're a Digit Hunter/Trapper

SWMcCaig's avatar - 9b740053d1be538a3bed55bad1c5746d
                              Broken Arrow, OK
                              United States
                              Member #155206
                              May 11, 2014
                              1875 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2016, 8:58 am - IP Logged

You were correct in thinking a "double" was going to hit since it was 8 draws without a double

Look at what 3 or 4 doubles that is out the longest.  Before the midday drawing today it was 33's 88's 22's

Look at the 2nd digit that makes up a double set.  Find the longest out skip.  In the Ohio midday it was 1,5,4,6

Look to see how many consecutive odd or even doubles you had.  Ohio midday had 5 straight "odd" doubles.  So this would give you the 22's and 88's to play.

Next you can go back and see what type of double "front pair double", "back pair double" or "side pair double" have hit but this is if you on a set budget

So your sets would have been: After the fact set-up

Ohio Midday Doubles

Whoa, I like the Excel sheet! Is it something that is available for download anywhere?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Ralph Waldo Emerson