Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:13 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pennsylvania right to know and lottery

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Deo-nonfortuna.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
NJ
United States
Member #165922
April 27, 2015
3336 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2016, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Silly question.....maybe

So if the lottery website only prints partial names, does the "right to know act" give access to full name and other details???

Giving partial or full name is nothing compare to what NY lotto does to winners. NYC is the absolute worst place to win, not only u lose 1/3 to fed tax, u have to pay state even local tax. If that's not bad enough, there's a mandatory press conference if u win 1 million bucks or more. NY lotto will make sure everyone on the planet knows who u r.

I am surprised no winners in NY have been murdered yet like in FL.

United States
    Member #149394
    November 30, 2013
    36 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Giving partial or full name is nothing compare to what NY lotto does to winners. NYC is the absolute worst place to win, not only u lose 1/3 to fed tax, u have to pay state even local tax. If that's not bad enough, there's a mandatory press conference if u win 1 million bucks or more. NY lotto will make sure everyone on the planet knows who u r.

Yeah, no kidding.  Not to mention that every NY winner's pic is photo-bombed by that woman with the big cheesy grin, you'd think she was the winner.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
      Member #164603
      March 8, 2015
      604 Posts
      Posted: May 2, 2016, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, no kidding.  Not to mention that every NY winner's pic is photo-bombed by that woman with the big cheesy grin, you'd think she was the winner.

You mean her: 

Yolaaaaaanda Vega.

She'll blare your name all over the east coast. Maybe you could dress up as her, make people believe she won.

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: May 2, 2016, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

If you live in New York, or any state that doesn't allow winners to remain anonymous, contact your local politicians and express your concern.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7308 Posts
          Posted: May 2, 2016, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

If you live in New York, or any state that doesn't allow winners to remain anonymous, contact your local politicians and express your concern.

Most state have some type of a public information act and a very small number of people winning major jackpots compared to the number of deadbeat dads and convicted pedophiles. 

"The good of the many outweigh the good of the few" Spock

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4866 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2016, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Most state have some type of a public information act and a very small number of people winning major jackpots compared to the number of deadbeat dads and convicted pedophiles. 

"The good of the many outweigh the good of the few" Spock

MOST POWERBALL JACKPOTS WON

• Pennsylvania — 16
            • Indiana — 11
            • Louisiana — 8
            • Florida — 7
            • Missouri — 7
            • Iowa — 6
            • Minnesota — 6
            • South Carolina — 6
            • Arizona — 5
            • Connecticut — 5
            • Kentucky — 5
            • Wisconsin — 5
            • New York — 4
            • Oklahoma — 4
            • West Virginia — 4
            • Delaware — 3
            • Georgia — 3
            • Kansas — 3
            • New Hampshire — 3
            • New Jersey — 3
            • New Mexico — 3
            • North Carolina — 3
            • South Dakota — 3
            • Rhode Island — 3

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
              Winning makes me smile.
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4866 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2016, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Megamillions Jackpot Winners By State

#StateJackpot Winners
              1New York35
              2California27
              3Ohio18
              4New Jersey18
              5Michigan16
              6Georgia15
              7Texas11
              8Maryland11
              9Illinois 10
              10Virginia8
              11Washington4
              12Massachusetts3
              13North Carolina2
              14Pennsylvania2
              15Idaho1
              16Tennessee1
              17Missouri1
              18Florida1
              19Indiana1
              20Kansas1

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

NJ
                United States
                Member #165922
                April 27, 2015
                3336 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2016, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

You have a better shot of getting something done by writing to Santa than to a politician.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                  Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  877 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2016, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

NYC may be the absolute worst place to win a lottery jackpot, but you know what??? I don't care if they take almost 48% in taxes since I will be left with 52% of a multi-million dollar prize that I didn't have before.

I will take 52% of tonight's $348 mil ($226.1 mil cash value) jackpot and laugh all the way to the bank.

Green laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laugh

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

NJ
                    United States
                    Member #165922
                    April 27, 2015
                    3336 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2016, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

NYC may be the absolute worst place to win a lottery jackpot, but you know what??? I don't care if they take almost 48% in taxes since I will be left with 52% of a multi-million dollar prize that I didn't have before.

I will take 52% of tonight's $348 mil ($226.1 mil cash value) jackpot and laugh all the way to the bank.

Green laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laugh

Agreed. It's all found money to me anyway. I just gotta leave town after I win.