Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bad Day Scratching

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 months ago by NeedyNotGreedy.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #154236
April 8, 2014
1431 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2016, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

I had mentioned in a previous post that I usually only play scratch offs when the new cards are out the 1rst Tuesday of every month in NC and that usually works for me for I usually break even.  I have generally played Pick 4 daily and have recently taken a break from it.  I was in a store today and saw a new scratch off that I had not played at the 1rst Tuesday this past month.  It is "Carolina Black" a 5 dollar ticket.  I figured since I was not dropping my usual 10 bucks a play on pick 4 I would try it and bought 4 tickets.  Nothing nadda!!!   No instant win symbols and no numbers that matched in 4 tickets.  Well I felt this is rare.  Maybe if I go back in and buy 4 more there will surely be a winner on it.  So I did.  NOTHING NADDA!!!! NO INSTANT WIN SYMBOLS AND NO MATCHING NUMBERS!!!   At this point I am pissed off!!!!   40 bucks and 8 tickets and not even 5 bucks back!!!   I don't care about winning at this point.  I just want to see one dang ticket that is at least break even.  So I march right back in the store and dropped 20 more bucks on 4 more from the same dang roll!!!! NOTHING NADDA!!!!! NO INSTANT WIN SYMBOLS AND NO MATCHING NUMBERS!!!!!!   Has anyone ever bout 12 straight 5 dollar tickets in the same dang roll and not even get one break even ticket??????   The tickets clearly state there is a 1 in 4 chance of winning which means I should have at least got 15 of my 60 bucks back!!!!!! Just take my 60 bucks NCEL you bunch of thieves!!!!   Maybe apply it to your transgender restroom fund!!!!!!!

I WILL BET NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS EVER BOUGHT 12 STRAIGHT 5 DOLLAR TICKETS FORM THE SAME DANG ROLL AND NOT EVEN GET 5 BUCKS BACK!!!!!! TO HELL WITH THE NCEL!!!!!!

Pensacola, FL
    United States
    Member #164834
    March 16, 2015
    84 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2016, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately in Florida that has happened so many times. I've had 10 $10 dollar tickets lose in a row. $5 sheesh pretty sure sometimes you can go thru 15 in a row and their all duds

SE PA
      United States
      Member #93582
      July 3, 2010
      1866 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2016, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I had mentioned in a previous post that I usually only play scratch offs when the new cards are out the 1rst Tuesday of every month in NC and that usually works for me for I usually break even.  I have generally played Pick 4 daily and have recently taken a break from it.  I was in a store today and saw a new scratch off that I had not played at the 1rst Tuesday this past month.  It is "Carolina Black" a 5 dollar ticket.  I figured since I was not dropping my usual 10 bucks a play on pick 4 I would try it and bought 4 tickets.  Nothing nadda!!!   No instant win symbols and no numbers that matched in 4 tickets.  Well I felt this is rare.  Maybe if I go back in and buy 4 more there will surely be a winner on it.  So I did.  NOTHING NADDA!!!! NO INSTANT WIN SYMBOLS AND NO MATCHING NUMBERS!!!   At this point I am pissed off!!!!   40 bucks and 8 tickets and not even 5 bucks back!!!   I don't care about winning at this point.  I just want to see one dang ticket that is at least break even.  So I march right back in the store and dropped 20 more bucks on 4 more from the same dang roll!!!! NOTHING NADDA!!!!! NO INSTANT WIN SYMBOLS AND NO MATCHING NUMBERS!!!!!!   Has anyone ever bout 12 straight 5 dollar tickets in the same dang roll and not even get one break even ticket??????   The tickets clearly state there is a 1 in 4 chance of winning which means I should have at least got 15 of my 60 bucks back!!!!!! Just take my 60 bucks NCEL you bunch of thieves!!!!   Maybe apply it to your transgender restroom fund!!!!!!!

I WILL BET NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS EVER BOUGHT 12 STRAIGHT 5 DOLLAR TICKETS FORM THE SAME DANG ROLL AND NOT EVEN GET 5 BUCKS BACK!!!!!! TO HELL WITH THE NCEL!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. Well I have seen 11 in a row in $5 rolls I bought, but I believe only 8 in a row with regular play. The last 8 Eagles tickets in the roll once lost. It's a bad feeling - I certainly know it. They go a little TOO uneven. Hopefully if you play more, you get in a good part of the roll and it evens out.

Cape Coral
        United States
        Member #173988
        March 28, 2016
        213 Posts
        Posted: May 18, 2016, 4:42 am - IP Logged

Im a Florida resident/player and....... well....... it happens.

I have lost... 

13 consecutive $5 tickets

12 consecutive $10 tickets, followed by 1 $10 winner, and then 8 more losers....  1 winner in 20 tickets.. on a $10 ticket...

6 in a row losers on a $20 and $25 game....

It sucks...

new york
          United States
          Member #63828
          August 9, 2008
          175 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2016, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Sorry for the loss! Unfortunately, it happens all of the time. Even though the odds in this case are one in four that is still no guarantee that there will be one winner in every four tickets. It doesn't work that way.

Either someone came in and won on the last ticket and unfortunately left you with the losers or there was a potentially big winner on the next ticket that you didn't purchase.

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
            P A
            United States
            Member #117331
            October 3, 2011
            6915 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2016, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Happens in Pa alot. 

what they don't tell you on the pack about the odds is:

a 1:4 chance is the OVERALL odds for the entire run 

of x million tickets printed..  not 1:4 for the pack of 60 or 100

that is sitting in the machine or store. 

I've had times where I went through 17 $5 tickets with nothing.

other times I've had 4or 5 winners in a row and a few losers

then another 3 or 4 winners in a row. it's crazy.

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

PA
              United States
              Member #129849
              June 29, 2012
              308 Posts
              Posted: May 22, 2016, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

It sucks, it does sting but it does happen....

Just yesterday I went 0 for 8 on the new PA $10 Fantastic 10's ticket...

a bit of a letdown not only because I zipped on $80 worth of tickets in a 

row but because this ticket was treating me fairly decent. I might of been

ahead 20 or 40 dollars on it since they came out and yesterday I lost on two

from the beer store and 6 in a row at a local sheets. I then watched a kid buy

the very next ticket, and he lost on it as well. I saw him scratch it, shake his

head and throw it in the garbage. 

I've been thinking hard about buying a $300 roll of tickets, most likely a $5 game.

I'm now leaning towards not doing it....

Back when I was playing heavier then I do now, I remember zipping on as many as 

11 $20 tickets in a row before hitting $500 on one. I also zipped on 5 in a row before

hitting $100 on the 6th before. The first $30 ticket PA ever put out a few years ago I

zipped on 4 in a row before hitting $150 on the 5th ticket. I can't even remember but

that same summer I was playing a large amount of tickets out of the same pack... it 

was a $5 game. I think I played 25 or so tickets, nearly half the pack. The biggest run

of losers was well over 10 tickets.

Tampa
                United States
                Member #174542
                April 28, 2016
                6 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2016, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Not to mention the disgusting twitter page of the Florida looter  .    I see   people there  thanking them for their pitiful   wins.  I know its bogus, no one would thank the lotto  for winning  money,  they didn't give you crap  that's   other peoples money .  who have lost ,   

how bout    I post a picture   of    50          20 and  25  $  tickets with some break evens  and a lousy   hundred dollars.  I've had personally seen 7 losers in a  row   on 25$   tickets   3 times  out of maybe 40 played          10  10$     dollar tickets in a row    losers     and plenty more.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  597 Posts
                  Posted: June 12, 2016, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Not to mention the disgusting twitter page of the Florida looter  .    I see   people there  thanking them for their pitiful   wins.  I know its bogus, no one would thank the lotto  for winning  money,  they didn't give you crap  that's   other peoples money .  who have lost ,   

how bout    I post a picture   of    50          20 and  25  $  tickets with some break evens  and a lousy   hundred dollars.  I've had personally seen 7 losers in a  row   on 25$   tickets   3 times  out of maybe 40 played          10  10$     dollar tickets in a row    losers     and plenty more.

Lmao, the truth bro! 

That would be hilarious if someone posted thanking them for a break even after 7 consecutive losers on a $25 ticket. Seriously though, I doubt they would retweet haha. Wink

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                    Member #154519
                    April 19, 2014
                    243 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2016, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Last year, I think I lost over $100 in a day on scratchers.  I was determined to make up my losses, so I took the other $100 that I had and ended up losing it within a minute.  So, I had to make up for my losses by cancelling my internet service for 2 months.  It was also my punishment for becoming too addicted to gambling.

Show me the money!

CALI
                      Afghanistan
                      Member #118735
                      November 6, 2011
                      134 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2016, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I have been buying about 2 Books a month here in Yuma.

Going to buy my 7th book this Friday, here we go again

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

QuickDrawDude's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #175422
                        June 15, 2016
                        59 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2016, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

You guys are hard core scratchers. The most I've ever bought from one roll is three cards. If I lose all three cards I'll buy a bunch or Daily 3 box picks as my punishment.

Chicago
                          United States
                          Member #171107
                          December 31, 2015
                          77 Posts
                          Posted: June 27, 2016, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I have had no luck lately on scratch offs

Tried a variety of different one's and all seem to result in just losers lately

Haven't had a good ticket in weeks

Kingsport
                            United States
                            Member #175937
                            July 12, 2016
                            1 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2016, 11:06 am - IP Logged

i have walked in the store here in Tennessee and bought 8-10 $25 tickets in a row and nothing!!!! Happens here in Tennessee A LOT!!

Whales vagina
                              United States
                              Member #175358
                              June 12, 2016
                              9 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2016, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm in California but I got caught up,in a losing streak on 5$ crossword starting at the rear of the pack as most vending machines here start from the last ticket I bought 79-68 all losers with 67 being a free ticket. 

I think it's almost always a mistake to buy into a losing streak or chase a win as I call it. If you don't hit a winner in 4-6 tickets just walk away. It's a sign of a low payout pack.