Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you all determine which numbers PB vs MM?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 8 months ago by Rman313.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #153774
March 24, 2014
1189 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2016, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I've also been working on a proprietary algorithm program which I've used to play MM but the best I've done with 10 lines is match 1-2 and it's only because MM only has 15 bonus numbers that I hit for for $1-$2 most times I play 10 lines.  I post my picks on the prediction board which shows I'm only hitting about 5% of the time.

Does this program cost anything or is it some type of download.  When you say 5% you hit what is 5%?

It doesn't sound promising at all.  So I guess I am going to have to watch some of the members that do hit quite frequently.

Only found so far besides analysis Lottoking and maybe 3 others that have a system.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2016, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I disagree. Hot numbers are prone to become cold, and cold to hot.  Take the daily for example, as that is related to the image below, which isn't showing up using the "Insert Image" function for some reason.  It is especially helpful to use a daily that goes back a long way to have the most data.  Plot a countif() for whatever backperiod you like, whether that be the last 10 or 1000 draws, doesn't matter. You'll need 10 countif()'s for the numbers 0 through 9.  Apply conditional formatting to the countif() results - I like red/blue for hot/cold. What you find is that nothing stays hot or cold for very long.  This is consistent with all non-computer generated lotteries.

I have a picture to illustrate this, but using the "Insert Image" function does not show in the preview, so I don't have a confirmation that it will work.  I used the "Hyperlink" function once, and that got my LP account banned for a short while.  I don't recall what I linked to, but I recall it was another LP post.  Hopefully, Todd will not mind if I tell you which Imgur image to look at.  I saved "kja1W34.png" at that site for you to look at. If somebody could insert that image, that would be awesome.  That's the hot or coldness of the numbers 0 (top) to 9 (bottom) for a little over 3 years of draws with one particular state's daily.

I programmically created thousands upon thousands of these charts with countif() periods of as little as 2 days and as much as 10 years. No chart ever produced a hot or cold trend that did not terminate in a fairly even handed way.  The journey between hot to cold, or cold to hot is not a straight journey. It is a journey of many bends and hairpin turns along the way.

If you're not sure how to post an image, read the very detailed topic in the Help forum that describes how to do it.  For images, it is far better to post the image itself (as described in the instructions) rather than trying to post a link to an image.

The Insert Image will show the actual image in the text editor, so if you don't see the image before posting the message, then you're not doing it right.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19903 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2016, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

"I'm only hitting about 5% of the time."

By playing 15 lines you should win 6.789% of your bets. But because of the terrible secondary prize structure, winning even 20% of your bets will keep you in the red unless one of the bets beats 739,688 to 1 odds.

Actually the overall odds of 1:14.7 or 6.7% is the same whether I play one, ten or any other number of MM lines, I also posted predictions for Ohio Classic Lotto with overall odds of 1:53.6 or 1.8% which lowered my percentage..

In the past I have posted a few predictions for Texas and Georgia AON with overall odds of 1:4.5 or 22% which usually boosted my percentage by 10 or more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        Romulus,MI
        United States
        Member #142372
        May 10, 2013
        2500 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2016, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I disagree. Hot numbers are prone to become cold, and cold to hot.  Take the daily for example, as that is related to the image below, which isn't showing up using the "Insert Image" function for some reason.  It is especially helpful to use a daily that goes back a long way to have the most data.  Plot a countif() for whatever backperiod you like, whether that be the last 10 or 1000 draws, doesn't matter. You'll need 10 countif()'s for the numbers 0 through 9.  Apply conditional formatting to the countif() results - I like red/blue for hot/cold. What you find is that nothing stays hot or cold for very long.  This is consistent with all non-computer generated lotteries.

I have a picture to illustrate this, but using the "Insert Image" function does not show in the preview, so I don't have a confirmation that it will work.  I used the "Hyperlink" function once, and that got my LP account banned for a short while.  I don't recall what I linked to, but I recall it was another LP post.  Hopefully, Todd will not mind if I tell you which Imgur image to look at.  I saved "kja1W34.png" at that site for you to look at. If somebody could insert that image, that would be awesome.  That's the hot or coldness of the numbers 0 (top) to 9 (bottom) for a little over 3 years of draws with one particular state's daily.

I programmically created thousands upon thousands of these charts with countif() periods of as little as 2 days and as much as 10 years. No chart ever produced a hot or cold trend that did not terminate in a fairly even handed way.  The journey between hot to cold, or cold to hot is not a straight journey. It is a journey of many bends and hairpin turns along the way.

SmileOk but I'm just saying, all I am doing is picking the more popular numbers. No complicated spread sheets or calculations. Just doing that has helped me win more times than ever before.Banana

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
          Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #169723
          October 29, 2015
          887 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2016, 7:49 am - IP Logged

For ex:   patterns,  hot numbers, cold numbers, etc.

I do post in Mad dogs area of powerball sometimes and mega millions as well.

Does anyone have a formula?   SOme of you are that good that impresses me.

I was just curious.

When the Mega Millions jackpot gets high enough  +$300m, I will buy 15 tickets. 

I mark the play slip with each Mega number 1 through 15 and play some of the 15 games quick pick, some of the games random numbers and the rest of the games I would use numbers that are significant to me.

I can't do that with Powerball since there are too many numbers and it cost twice as much to play.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
            Philadelphia, PA
            United States
            Member #153774
            March 24, 2014
            1189 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2016, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

SmileOk but I'm just saying, all I am doing is picking the more popular numbers. No complicated spread sheets or calculations. Just doing that has helped me win more times than ever before.Banana

You can back up your claim and I have seen it in Mad dogs challenges.  Way to go.  Now maybe I have to watch what you do.

I have been off at least one number to 20 numbers depending on what comes out.

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              Romulus,MI
              United States
              Member #142372
              May 10, 2013
              2500 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2016, 12:14 am - IP Logged

You can back up your claim and I have seen it in Mad dogs challenges.  Way to go.  Now maybe I have to watch what you do.

I have been off at least one number to 20 numbers depending on what comes out.

Smile I have read tons of books on the lottery. Read the stats over and over again! Play the numbers that have good stats. Thats all I do.

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool