Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why doesn't anyone in New Jersey start a ticket buying service?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 6 months ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2016, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I think someone in New Jersey should start a ticket buying service for people in "can't win" states for Powerball and Mega Millions.  It would be an awesome business idea I think and would help other players.  Players from other states would pay a premium, like $8 each for a PB ticket, and $5 for a MM ticket if it was purchased in New Jersey.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
    Member #169277
    October 10, 2015
    630 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2016, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Because it's illegal.

Can win/can't win doesn't depend on your state, it depends on your state of mind.

United States
      Member #106134
      February 13, 2011
      806 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2016, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Because it's illegal.

Can win/can't win doesn't depend on your state, it depends on your state of mind.

Illegal to have someone in another state buy tickets for you?  I've done it several times.

NYC
        United States
        Member #161115
        November 17, 2014
        126 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2016, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

lol....I always look forward toward your threads. They never cease to amaze me.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19830 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2016, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I think someone in New Jersey should start a ticket buying service for people in "can't win" states for Powerball and Mega Millions.  It would be an awesome business idea I think and would help other players.  Players from other states would pay a premium, like $8 each for a PB ticket, and $5 for a MM ticket if it was purchased in New Jersey.

Maybe you could start a "ticket winning" service in your state guaranteeing every ticket would win something or their cost would be refunded. Wink

If charged a $3 butler service for each ticket, you could make money and your customers would get back the cost of their losing tickets. Embarassed

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
            Green Bay
            United States
            Member #169391
            October 15, 2015
            1248 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2016, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering...Do you work for the Clinton Foundation?

Never give up.  Banana

United States
              Member #106134
              February 13, 2011
              806 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2016, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you could start a "ticket winning" service in your state guaranteeing every ticket would win something or their cost would be refunded. Wink

If charged a $3 butler service for each ticket, you could make money and your customers would get back the cost of their losing tickets. Embarassed

Nice idea there, but it wouldn't go over well.  Players would say "Missouri???  They never win anything!"

New Jersey would be the perfect place to market this, they win A LOT of PB & MM drawings plus A LOT of 5+0's.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2016, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

LMAO !

Be sure to base the operation in Bergen, Hudson and Essex...the most heavily populated counties

and the closest to NYC.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40566 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2016, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Sign me up, why pay $1.00 for a Power ball when I can spend $8.00 for one Power Ball.

Wow, What a great idea, people will be coming at you in droves to spend 7 extra dollars for one ticket, they will have no idea they are spending to much, you're going to be rich.

I'm so jealous.Green laugh

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4795 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2016, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Sign me up, why pay $1.00 for a Power ball when I can spend $8.00 for one Power Ball.

Wow, What a great idea, people will be coming at you in droves to spend 7 extra dollars for one ticket, they will have no idea they are spending to much, you're going to be rich.

Lol lol I plan to sell my used lottery tickets for half price.

J'aime La France.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                      San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: May 20, 2016, 9:24 am - IP Logged

It would be interesting reading if someone could find out how many lottery terminals there are in NJ and NY.
                      Given the population, there may be a terminal on every corner, not to mention the added weight of
                      visitors.
                      Its the same in California and other states that have a high winning record where the predator jackpot games
                      are played.
                      I'm in Texas and we have terminals everywhere.
                      When someone hits, they are most often visitors from Mexico or other location.
                      We can't win for losing!
                      But, maybe we (generic) are smarter and are spending our dollars on games we can win, such as scratch tickets.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5611 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2016, 9:33 am - IP Logged

It would be interesting reading if someone could find out how many lottery terminals there are in NJ and NY.
                        Given the population, there may be a terminal on every corner, not to mention the added weight of
                        visitors.
                        Its the same in California and other states that have a high winning record where the predator jackpot games
                        are played.
                        I'm in Texas and we have terminals everywhere.
                        When someone hits, they are most often visitors from Mexico or other location.
                        We can't win for losing!
                        But, maybe we (generic) are smarter and are spending our dollars on games we can win, such as scratch tickets.

Being in San Angelo, you probably do have more Mexican winners.

I play MM, PB, Lotto, and 2 Step every draw. I've gotten into AoN quite a bit too because I like the overall odds, but I don't play that every draw. Even play Daily 4 a few times a week.

They're all a bugger to win at. I have considered just playing nothing but scratchoffs, but to win a decent jackpot requires buying a $10 ticket. Not doing that every day.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                          San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: May 20, 2016, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Being in San Angelo, you probably do have more Mexican winners.

I play MM, PB, Lotto, and 2 Step every draw. I've gotten into AoN quite a bit too because I like the overall odds, but I don't play that every draw. Even play Daily 4 a few times a week.

They're all a bugger to win at. I have considered just playing nothing but scratchoffs, but to win a decent jackpot requires buying a $10 ticket. Not doing that every day.

I'm a so-called 'systems player.'
                          I have a workout for all of the Texas games, except AoN. (Drawn 4 times per day times 12 = 48 integers to manage).
                          I play P3 and D4 once per day.
                          Also Lotto and Two-Step every draw.
                          Lot of work but worth it.
                          I'm concentrating on Cash 5 and developed something that may payoff.
                          Texas Triple Chance has too many integers to manage. I play 5 sets once per week.
                          Rarely buy scratch tickets.
                          I have no money for the jackpot games!
                          Good luck!

United States
                            Member #106134
                            February 13, 2011
                            806 Posts
                            Posted: May 20, 2016, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Sully, wouldn't you pay $7 extra for a REAL chance to win?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: May 20, 2016, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Nice idea there, but it wouldn't go over well.  Players would say "Missouri???  They never win anything!"

New Jersey would be the perfect place to market this, they win A LOT of PB & MM drawings plus A LOT of 5+0's.

No problem, just hire someone from New Jersey to pick your numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking