Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should you charge a fee to lottery post members to share your winning strategies?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 months ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2016, 7:51 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply, Todd.  My example about you was referring to those who are committed to and put in the hours to keep this website thriving as you do.  I feel you deserve to be compensated for your hard work, should you choose to accept the compensation.  I realized after i read my message how that might not have been clear, my real bad.

The problem with stuff like "donation buttons" is that Lottery Post would quickly devolve into a place where there is much less sharing because people would start "sharing" only with those who "donate" to them.  Hopefully you catch my drift.

Lottery Post is unique because it hasn't devolved into a spam-filled marketplace, like every other lottery website that's tried to get started over the years.  It is a friendly, sharing place, where people feel comfortable sharing because they have received lots of sharing from others.  It operates on good will.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
    NJ
    United States
    Member #165922
    April 27, 2015
    3332 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2016, 8:47 am - IP Logged

The problem with stuff like "donation buttons" is that Lottery Post would quickly devolve into a place where there is much less sharing because people would start "sharing" only with those who "donate" to them.  Hopefully you catch my drift.

Lottery Post is unique because it hasn't devolved into a spam-filled marketplace, like every other lottery website that's tried to get started over the years.  It is a friendly, sharing place, where people feel comfortable sharing because they have received lots of sharing from others.  It operates on good will.

Thanks for the offer Gwiz, but I agree with Todd that once donations are accepted LP will descent into greed-mongering madness. Plus Todd has to fortify web security if donations & spammers are involved, which will create extra work for him. Generous people have been helping me and others for free and I'm doing the same for others.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2016, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply, Todd.  My example about you was referring to those who are committed to and put in the hours to keep this website thriving as you do.  I feel you deserve to be compensated for your hard work, should you choose to accept the compensation.  I realized after i read my message how that might not have been clear, my real bad.

If you really wanted to show your appreciations to Todd for his hard work on this website, you could invest in a premium membership. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2016, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

"Note that when I started Lottery Post, I never went on other people's websites and posted free advertising about Lottery Post.  I built the site myself, and then I did the groundwork myself to build a readership.  If I ever need to advertise something, I pay for it.  I don't try to build something for free off the backs of other people."

That's definitely a straight shooter talking, well said.

As for the question the OP poses, I say no way. There are some good strategies here on LP that people put time and effort into, but there arer also a lot of things that are merely passing as such.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.