Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My story: Been playing MegaMil for 7 months, always close but no big wins

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 5 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2016, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

"I really doubt most MM are playing to win $500."

Actually, I would be happy to break even until I won the jackpot or a million dollar second prize. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4802 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2016, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Been playing MM AND PB since Oct 27,2011....I have stopped researching its crap because they keep changing the matrix and now it's hilarious I just buy QP...and I look at big winners ticket I look at their exact time including seconds when they bought lol and I buy QP at that exact time the seconds not always perfect then when I lose I keep buying at that time and change the numbers exactly to the way I lost the previous draws LMAOOO...Best times are between 4-7 PM on the draw day...Lots of Big Jackpot winners bought their QP on draw day in 6-7 PM

That time frame is interesting. I may try that next time. I usually buy mine between 11 and 1 since feng shui recommends that time period.

J'aime La France.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5615 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2016, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I played my first lottery tickets in January when I was facing eviction and the powerball reached the famous 1.5 billion. I bought two tickets with the power play option. Didn't win anything. Since then, I've been hooked, but I've left powerball alone for mega millions and other $1 play games. I've been studying, researching, and reading almost weekly. I've played quick picks and used my own numbers (I usually win always choosing my own numbers for some reason, especially when I look at hot and cold number diagrams). 

Ive played mega millions, hot lotto (I hate that game the most), Florida lotto, fantasy 5 Florida (actually loved that game, won the easy play the first ticket and then over $20 on the next numbers I picked). But then I bought 8 tickets the next draw and lost. Overall though, I like that game and Tennessee Cash. I've also played Colorado lottery, and pick 5. Colorado lottery has won me $2 a couple times.

I've been playing only random draw, and short of giving up lottery all together (watched 2 depressing YouTube videos telling everyone YOU WONT WIN, SAVE YOUR MONEY, ONLY POOR PEOPLE PLAY), I think I've timed myself appropriately to say if I don't win within 6 months, I'm giving it up. But then, my mom talks about how she always wins playing scratch offs. 

I guess I don't have a specific question, but I'm getting discouraged. I know the only poor people thing is so untrue because a client of mine has his own business and a big house, and fairly disposable income, yet he was telling me how he can't seem to win one of the state lotteries lol. I'm wondering if I should quit playing random draws and change to scratch offs.

for some reason I like the challenge of coming up with my own numbers, but they make it too hard. I usually hit 1-2 drawn numbers in the same line EVERY PLAY. It's not uncommon I hit them all. Even if I play with 3 lines. I never spend more than $5-10. I know I should probably drop $25-30 on tickles, but I can't afford to lose that. Theres a local game that has 1-30 numbers and a 5 cash ball. I'm liking that game now because I've won $2 back to back.

but why is it taking so long to win more than $2 from MegaMil? I think their 1-75 number thing is outrageous, but I only play because for $1, it offers the best payout in the big scheme. But it seems almost as hard as playing Powerball.

I've been playing a lotto game of one kind or another since the 1980's. Back then Ohio had a lotto game that cost .50 per line. 2 lines for a buck and the odds were a fraction of what Texas Lotto is now. The best I ever did was 5 out of 6 that paid about $890. Then in Indiana, I play Lotto there and PB. Now here in Tx, 2 Step, Lotto, MM, and PB, among some other games.

Heck, the only way I'll ever make my money back is to hit a jackpot. But, I really enjoy playing, so that's worth something. If you're going to stress about not winning, you're in the wrong hobby.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2016, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

"I really doubt most MM are playing to win $500."

Actually, I would be happy to break even until I won the jackpot or a million dollar second prize. Wink

Because of the terrible payoffs, you might need the second prize just to break even. LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2016, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Been playing MM AND PB since Oct 27,2011....I have stopped researching its crap because they keep changing the matrix and now it's hilarious I just buy QP...and I look at big winners ticket I look at their exact time including seconds when they bought lol and I buy QP at that exact time the seconds not always perfect then when I lose I keep buying at that time and change the numbers exactly to the way I lost the previous draws LMAOOO...Best times are between 4-7 PM on the draw day...Lots of Big Jackpot winners bought their QP on draw day in 6-7 PM

Once you've invested the time to develop the software to do the research, as long as you keep your data updated not much time is needed for research.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NH
            United States
            Member #83352
            December 5, 2009
            223 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2016, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Put a buck or two down for Mega M and Powerball each week and forget about it. For a buck or two you're in the game. Most people who play dream of winning big. What the lotto is doing is selling you a dream...The dream of winning big can never come true if you aren't in the game...

United States
              Member #170707
              December 13, 2015
              185 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2016, 4:55 am - IP Logged

I played my first lottery tickets in January when I was facing eviction and the powerball reached the famous 1.5 billion. I bought two tickets with the power play option. Didn't win anything. Since then, I've been hooked, but I've left powerball alone for mega millions and other $1 play games. I've been studying, researching, and reading almost weekly. I've played quick picks and used my own numbers (I usually win always choosing my own numbers for some reason, especially when I look at hot and cold number diagrams). 

Ive played mega millions, hot lotto (I hate that game the most), Florida lotto, fantasy 5 Florida (actually loved that game, won the easy play the first ticket and then over $20 on the next numbers I picked). But then I bought 8 tickets the next draw and lost. Overall though, I like that game and Tennessee Cash. I've also played Colorado lottery, and pick 5. Colorado lottery has won me $2 a couple times.

I've been playing only random draw, and short of giving up lottery all together (watched 2 depressing YouTube videos telling everyone YOU WONT WIN, SAVE YOUR MONEY, ONLY POOR PEOPLE PLAY), I think I've timed myself appropriately to say if I don't win within 6 months, I'm giving it up. But then, my mom talks about how she always wins playing scratch offs. 

I guess I don't have a specific question, but I'm getting discouraged. I know the only poor people thing is so untrue because a client of mine has his own business and a big house, and fairly disposable income, yet he was telling me how he can't seem to win one of the state lotteries lol. I'm wondering if I should quit playing random draws and change to scratch offs.

for some reason I like the challenge of coming up with my own numbers, but they make it too hard. I usually hit 1-2 drawn numbers in the same line EVERY PLAY. It's not uncommon I hit them all. Even if I play with 3 lines. I never spend more than $5-10. I know I should probably drop $25-30 on tickles, but I can't afford to lose that. Theres a local game that has 1-30 numbers and a 5 cash ball. I'm liking that game now because I've won $2 back to back.

but why is it taking so long to win more than $2 from MegaMil? I think their 1-75 number thing is outrageous, but I only play because for $1, it offers the best payout in the big scheme. But it seems almost as hard as playing Powerball.

Are you joking or are you serious?

Nobody wins any lottery just because they want to. 

That's why people go to work.

You've been playing for a short period of time and you're expecting to win. Most people play an entire lifetime and never win.

I don't know how old you are. But I would focus on getting a steady job and finding a career that you enjoy. Once you've done that. You can alot a portion of your income to your hobby known as the lottery.

I hope you don't find my post mean. I'm just giving you good advice.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #77167
                July 15, 2009
                556 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2016, 6:49 am - IP Logged

Are you joking or are you serious?

Nobody wins any lottery just because they want to. 

That's why people go to work.

You've been playing for a short period of time and you're expecting to win. Most people play an entire lifetime and never win.

I don't know how old you are. But I would focus on getting a steady job and finding a career that you enjoy. Once you've done that. You can alot a portion of your income to your hobby known as the lottery.

I hope you don't find my post mean. I'm just giving you good advice.

I Agree!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49828 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2016, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Playing MM & PB are like the the old crooked carnival with games in which you could be played until you literally lost a fortune!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

London
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #140684
                    March 24, 2013
                    566 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2016, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I've had the same feelings in the past NeedyNotGreedy

The only biggish win I have ever had was for like £40 on the UK Lotto... it was one of the first few tickets I ever bought... ever since then I don't think I have ever hit the minimum win, it's pretty crazy!

It does get pretty annoying never hitting a single number or just hitting 1!

Nowadays I just buy 1 QP (we call them lucky dips in the UK) every now and then and if it's meant to be then I will hit it... if not oh well £2 down the drain... it does make it a little more fun if you hold out and buy them for bigger JP's only in my opinion.. 

Hope you win big!

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

United States
                      Member #175910
                      July 10, 2016
                      40 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2016, 9:45 am - IP Logged

It's been known that a person can win the first time they play or after many years. And, in general the majority will lose. Luck is a bit of a taskmaster to many and especially system players. In general, and not saying anyone is desperate but desperation, excessive want, or lack is not the breeding ground for luck; however, some in those positions have won. EZ money doesn't always come easily. All the best!

Conehead < LOL

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                        Member #106923
                        February 27, 2011
                        478 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2016, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

It's been known that a person can win the first time they play or after many years. And, in general the majority will lose. Luck is a bit of a taskmaster to many and especially system players. In general, and not saying anyone is desperate but desperation, excessive want, or lack is not the breeding ground for luck; however, some in those positions have won. EZ money doesn't always come easily. All the best!

Conehead < LOL

Deeeeeeeeeeep!

So very reflective... Idea ...and deep.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19908 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2016, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Never give up your win can be closer than you think. You need to have a ticket to be in it.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman