Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think this is why there has been no lottery frenzy.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 months ago by zephbe.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1502 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2016, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

(second tier prize)

July 5 - Ca., FL., New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas

July 1 - Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, New York, Massachusetts

June 28 - New Jersey, Texas

June 24 - Texas, N. Carolina, Illinois, Arizina

June 21 - Texas, Michigan

June 17 - Ca., New Jersey, Rhode Island

June 14 - Ca.

June 10 - Texas, N Carolina, Minnesota

June 7 - Miichigan, Colorado

June 3 - Ca.

May 31 - Texas, Georgia

Where do you think the MM jackpot is going to be won?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49699 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2016, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Because the Jackpot hasn't reached a Billion yet!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
      Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #153774
      March 24, 2014
      855 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2016, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm not understanding I thought you had a different observation as to why there have been no big Winners yet.  I also wonder where the New Jersey ticket was sold and where the pa ticket was sold. 

Matter of fact or the other PA ticket was sold in anybody can hit anywhere in the country.  I think there's going to be a winner on Friday night I just have to see if I'm going to play because usually I don't play Friday nights

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2016, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm not understanding I thought you had a different observation as to why there have been no big Winners yet.  I also wonder where the New Jersey ticket was sold and where the pa ticket was sold. 

Matter of fact or the other PA ticket was sold in anybody can hit anywhere in the country.  I think there's going to be a winner on Friday night I just have to see if I'm going to play because usually I don't play Friday nights

I just have to see if I'm going to play because usually I don't play Friday nights

It's not kosher? Just play before sunset.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Philadelphia, PA
          United States
          Member #153774
          March 24, 2014
          855 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2016, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I just have to see if I'm going to play because usually I don't play Friday nights

It's not kosher? Just play before sunset.

Haha very funny.  I print out a spread sheet on the numbers then try and check which member and that is how I determined which numbers I was playing.  Currently have two websites including a search engine, work in a pizza shop, have candy machine route, etc. 

But I will tell you this.  The NY girls are stunning especially the Staten Island chicks.  If you hook me up for one that would be awesome.  Some of them have an awesome rhyno curve

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #162631
            January 7, 2015
            503 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2016, 2:45 am - IP Logged

(second tier prize)

July 5 - Ca., FL., New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas

July 1 - Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, New York, Massachusetts

June 28 - New Jersey, Texas

June 24 - Texas, N. Carolina, Illinois, Arizina

June 21 - Texas, Michigan

June 17 - Ca., New Jersey, Rhode Island

June 14 - Ca.

June 10 - Texas, N Carolina, Minnesota

June 7 - Miichigan, Colorado

June 3 - Ca.

May 31 - Texas, Georgia

If you're talking about this coming Friday, I'd say Californy, likely.

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
            • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
            • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
                      (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1502 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2016, 7:33 am - IP Logged

I just feel that the same places will win the jackpot.  Ca., New York, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia and Penn..

Philadelphia, PA
                United States
                Member #153774
                March 24, 2014
                855 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2016, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I just feel that the same places will win the jackpot.  Ca., New York, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia and Penn..

I see where you're coming from now.  Wasn't sure in your OS.  Yeah you might be right.   Does anyone know where the NJ and PA winners were at?

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  11929 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:39 am - IP Logged

Add Illinois and Ohio and you covered almost 45% of the US population,,,,,,,,,

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2016, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

This thread wouldn't even exist if the ability to grasp simple facts and apply some reason were among the available options. The only options that let people think their chance of winning is affected by where they live or buy their tickets is a belief that the lottery is rigged, complete lack of even the very simplest knowledge about probability, or good old-fashioned stupidity.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                      Member #93164
                      June 23, 2010
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2016, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

This time 10 different states had a second tier prize, but Indiana claim the grand prize (Mega Millions Jackpot) worth $540 million.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #77167
                        July 15, 2009
                        554 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2016, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

This thread wouldn't even exist if the ability to grasp simple facts and apply some reason were among the available options. The only options that let people think their chance of winning is affected by where they live or buy their tickets is a belief that the lottery is rigged, complete lack of even the very simplest knowledge about probability, or good old-fashioned stupidity.

KY Floyd, July 7, 2016

"how can one place have more of a chance to produce winning number than another?"

How can a person who buys 5 tickets have a better chance than somebody who only buys 1 ticket?

There's nothing about this that shouldn't be easy to understand. Locations that sell more tickets have a better chance of selling a winner than locations that sell fewer tickets. It doesn't matter whether the location is an entire state, a particular company (as in Jim's example of 7-11), or one specific store."

I Agree!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                          Member #91
                          January 19, 2002
                          11929 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2016, 6:20 am - IP Logged

Correction,  That would cover about 52% of the US Population!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                            Member #175910
                            July 10, 2016
                            40 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2016, 11:49 am - IP Logged

The allure of luck is in belief and persuasion not logic!Sulk Off

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #162631
                              January 7, 2015
                              503 Posts
                              Posted: July 12, 2016, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

The allure of luck is in belief and persuasion not logic!Sulk Off

Mr./Ms. Elliptic7,

I agree, but please know that I'm not hanging on for dear life, every time there is a lotto draw.
                              Though I spend a good bit, every week, I tell myself, that the money I've set aside is money
                              I'll never see again, ever.

So whenever I go to the store where I buy lotto, and hand over my money, it's ok. It's money I've set aside, and have agreed to lose every week.  I play the same doggone numbers every week.  With the exception of a few additional randoms.

I quit all other types of gambling:  Years ago, it was Craps, then, more recently,
                              it was Poker, and now, just lotto.
                                I watched many a horse race, but never bet anything on them.

Lotto is by far the best value for your money. (i think)

Mr. Groppo

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
                              • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
                              • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
                                        (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)